FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
CJ's Tropical Tiki ....
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-13 10:24 am   Permalink

Got a few more chops in on the Ku now that it stopped raining ... Had a little helper showing me the best place to start .....

Thanks for stopping in and Have a Great Day!!

CJ Tropical Tiki FACEBOOK page

openingdaymedia.net

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 2:58 pm   Permalink

Roughed out the headdress and body on this Ku .... starting to take shape now ...

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a Great Day!

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 4:30 pm   Permalink

Those are really great progress photos.......thanks for posting them...look forward to seeing the finished product.

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-15 6:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Skootiki ..... I remember when I started my first carve how great it was to come to Tiki Central and see the progress shots of the expert carvers .... those photos have helped me tremendously (and still do) so I figured I'd do the same .... I'm still a newb, but if these shots help anyone get some ideas then it is all cool!

Have a Great Day!

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-16 11:04 am   Permalink

Couple more after some sanding and cleaning up the nooks and crannies ... just a little more rounding on the arms and knees and some fine sanding yet and then stain ...

Have a Great Day!

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-17 4:48 pm   Permalink

Put on the stain today and then the spar ... so this Ku's done! Think I'll try my hand at a Marquesan next ...

Thanks for stopping in and Have a Great Day!!

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-24 08:09 am   Permalink

Started on the Marq but had to take a day to carve a quick Christmas present turtle ...

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-24 08:17 am   Permalink

Some progress shots on the Marq ... this was a quick carve (another Christmas present) so the carve isn't as deep as I would have liked ..

Thanks for stopping in and Have a Great Day!

openingdaymedia.net

Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-24 08:32 am   Permalink

And the Marq is done .... just in time for Santa to pick him up ...

Thanks for stopping in and Have a Great Day!

[ This Message was edited by: Captain Jack 2011-12-24 08:59 ]

Grimbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-12-25 01:21 am   Permalink

Looking good there Captain Jack. Thanks for the progress shots, you've given me some inspiration to get out to the shed and make a start on a Ku.

Cheers
Grimbo

View Profile of Grimbo Send a personal message to Grimbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-27 11:13 am   Permalink

Jumped in on the next one ....this will be a Lono. It's about 4 feet tall. So far I have started all my tikis at the head and worked my way down. And most times I had to scrunch on the body as I misjudged my spacing ... so this time, I am doing the body first! And if I use too much log on the body, he gets to be a Ku instead!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

openingdaymedia.net

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-28 08:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-12-27 11:13, Captain Jack wrote:
if I use too much log on the body, he gets to be a Ku instead!

That's brilliant...I'm going to remember that when I get around to attempting a Lono.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-30 11:38 am   Permalink

Got a few more chops done on the lono (I didn't over-stretch the body so it gets to be a lono after all).... had a whale of a time getting the symmetry on this one to line up .... finally took a break from drawing all over it and stripped a few logs. It's getting there!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great Day!

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-30 8:40 pm   Permalink

Nice carves. I like the turtle. I did one a while back that was very similar. It's a lot harder than it looks! Luv your back yard.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-31 4:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks Big T! Those tiny bone carvings are a challenge ... not to mention the whole place smells like burnt teeth .... I plan on getting on a lot more practice!

Did some more work on the lono, now it's time to get ready to party!

.... Things will be going much smoother in the future ... I finally broke down and bought some good tools! Can't wait to put the mallet to them!

Thanks for stopping and Have a Great New Years!

openingdaymedia.net

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation