FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sven's "Sound of Tiki" cd listening party, Sat May 8th at Don the Beachcomber,6 to 9pm, free
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Sven's "Sound of Tiki" cd listening party, Sat May 8th at Don the Beachcomber,6 to 9pm, free
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 6:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-05 16:13, kahalakruzer wrote:
Someone should get this on film...

I cannot help it but, with the overabundance of photographic coverage that Tim slathered up on TC from the recent CD signing and Bum visit at the Ti, is it possible that the above statement might contain a tinge of irony?

Kelly, I know how it is, theses lil' Tiki packs are neat giveaways. I will gladly give a signed copy to a messenger who might bring it up to you in the Northern Lands --OR we arrange a signing at the Tonga Hut, where you could mix all the cocktails from REMIXED that I mention here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=34417&forum=11&vpost=525109

....with Jeff BTD mixing the tunes, of course.

But please let's not discuss this here any further, I do not want to detract from the event at hand. Don The Beachcomber needs all the patronage it can get, with Marie being out of commission for a while, and I am glad I can help with that! I will dedicate this evening to her. She already has a copy of my CD, but I'll also ad one to the fundraiser pot.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 09:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-05 18:16, bigbrotiki wrote:

But please let's not discuss this here any further, I do not want to detract from the event at hand. Don The Beachcomber needs all the patronage it can get, with Marie being out of commission for a while, and I am glad I can help with that! I will dedicate this evening to her. She already has a copy of my CD, but I'll also ad one to the fundraiser pot.

Sven, that is great,
please Talk to Chris Soccer Tiki about donating a cd to the fundraiser.
thanks man,
see ya Sat.
I will probably get there around 4pm to start settin up.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 11:08 pm   Permalink

2 more days.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 3:26 pm   Permalink

To what !?

Here I am making a complete fool of myself trying to look like the wonderful paper mask that Kevin Kidney made for the cover...

...and utterly failing! Looks more like a death mask! Come to think of it, that's what some Oceanic masks were, as I pointed out earlier in another post. Well, once you zoom past 50, it's all downhill from there...all that boozin' and rib-eatin' begins to show.

Now if you wanna HEAR me making a complete fool of myself, TONITE at 11:00 p.m. I will be LIVE on KXLU 88.9 FM talking with DJ Stella about the CD, spinning some tunes from it, and playing other strange ones that did not make it and that I might use on a follow up CD (if there will be one)

For those (like me) who are not hip to all the new forms of radio broadcasting, Stella added this info:

"KXLU also streams its signal live online at
http://www.facebook.com/l/f2947;www.KXLU.com
so anyone anywhere can listen in."

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2010-05-07 16:24 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 8:57 pm   Permalink

Waitaminnit, that link just goes directly to the KXLU website, not facebook.

Try this to get to the KXLU Player:

http://www.live365.com/stations/kxlu1?site=pro

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 11:59 pm   Permalink

Damn, I just saw this,
caught just the tail end of it.

see ya manyana Sven.

Jeff(btd)

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-08 12:30 am   Permalink

if anybody is still up,
they are still on,
I assumed she was off the air at midnite.

Jeff(btd)

Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-08 08:38 am   Permalink

If you haven't picked Sven's CD up yet this is the perfect opportunity to get hold of a copy, get it signed by Sven himself, listen to it in a perfect Tiki location AND get to hear Jeff's great mix of Exotica and surf !!!

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-08 09:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-07 15:26, bigbrotiki wrote:
Now if you wanna HEAR me making a complete fool of myself, TONITE at 11:00 p.m. I will be LIVE on KXLU 88.9 FM talking with DJ Stella about the CD, spinning some tunes from it, and playing other strange ones that did not make it and that I might use on a follow up CD (if there will be one)

Cool show, I wanted it to go on longer.

Stella's monotone delivery was a nice contrast to the Bigbro's German accent. I liked the double entendre selections complementing the "Sound of Tiki" tracks. Who doesn't like getting a "lei" ??

Sounds like Stella is a Tikiphile. Does she post here?

Sorry I'll miss tonight's event. I'm out of town but I'd be there otherwise. Have fun !!

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-05-08 15:36 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-08 11:57 pm   Permalink

I had planned to go but I had to take a pet to the animal E.R.
Did anybody take photos?

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-09 08:53 am   Permalink

Had a crick in GROG' neck. Wasn't in the mood to make that drive, so sat at home poppin' ibuprofen.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-09 11:00 am   Permalink

Bummed we missed last night's listening party, our schedule got kinda wonky this weekend.
Hopefully some pictures will be posted...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-09 2:43 pm   Permalink

Not sure about Pics,
but we had around 40 people there last night.
good times,
Thanks to all who came out.

Jeff(btd)

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-09 2:56 pm   Permalink

Welllll....it kinda was spread a little thin in the beginning, Tikiphile wise, with Seal Beach locals being the majority. Nothing wrong with that, it just didn't feel appropriate to interrupt their Basketball TV-watching with obscure musings about why that Martin Denny poster in my booklet was so cool and so on...so I had more of a one-on-one with ol' friends....later, more familiar folks trickled in, but then it was time for the Boardwalkers to set up, and for me to listen. They sure have a great sound, classic guitar surf, yet not too loud for that little bar room. But when that money guy and his Ukrainian girlfriend started to dirty dance, I had to split.

So Jeff, Grog, Tonga Tom and Kelly, what about the above-mentioned, more intimate Tonga Room gathering, with Beachbum cocktails themed after some song titles on my CD ???

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-09 3:00 pm   Permalink

Sven,
thank you again for agreeing to come down to OC and Don the Beachcomber for this event.
I am up for djing at The Tonga Hut. If they want, You, and I.
Or Marty Lush is the resident dj there, he is very capable to.
either way. I will be there.

Jeff(btd)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation