FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Found Witco Bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Found Witco Bar
Bali O Hai O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-07 05:58 am   Permalink

Not wasting my post

[ This Message was edited by: Bali O Hai O 2010-05-07 15:59 ]

View Profile of Bali O Hai O Send a personal message to Bali O Hai O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 06:28 am   Permalink

...this is the one thing I hate about Tiki Central...all the stupid B.S.!
Can we just focus on collecting Tiki so we can escape reality when we log in?
That's all I ask...

[ This Message was edited by: tikinomad 2010-05-07 10:41 ]

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 07:51 am   Permalink

Well, like any community, we have our "characters", and some are a little gruff. I commend you in continuing here with undeterred enthusiasm, Bali Ohio, and thank you for starting a separate Bali Hai thread in Locating Tiki. I am looking forward to hearing more about this Witco bar here. Don't worry about the Jackie Gleason mix-up, I get that a lot in my research that folks who are from the Tiki lounge generation do not remember all the details. Considering what the seller of that bar stated in your ealier post, it might even be that it was not that specific style of Witco bar that was at the Bali Hai, just A Witco bar, they made many different styles. You are just starting to get into this, and as your experience and knowledge with Tiki archeology increases, your senses will sharpen. You definitely caught the bug, and you definitely have a knack for it.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cloudmonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-07 10:24 am   Permalink

When you say the OP and Bali O Hai O are posting from the same computer, don't you really mean they're posting from the same IP address?

That they're posting from the same IP address does NOT necessarily imply that they're posting from the same computer. It's not unusual for people accessing the internet through the same company, organization, or service provider to share an IP address.

Bali O Hai O mentioned that they both work for the city. That would explain it.

View Profile of cloudmonkey Send a personal message to cloudmonkey  Goto the website of cloudmonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-05-07 1:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-07 10:24, cloudmonkey wrote:
When you say the OP and Bali O Hai O are posting from the same computer, don't you really mean they're posting from the same IP address?

That they're posting from the same IP address does NOT necessarily imply that they're posting from the same computer. It's not unusual for people accessing the internet through the same company, organization, or service provider to share an IP address.

Bali O Hai O mentioned that they both work for the city. That would explain it.

Yes, you're right, that could very well explain it.

But you have to agree that it was a bit odd.

To recap for those not following:

Mikenrich joined up here stating that the Witco, which he might sell, could be from the Bali Hai. A day later Bali O Hai O joins TC stating that the Witco was indeed from the Bali Hai.

When the shared i.p. was brought up and questioned, Bali O Hai O stated that he and Mikenrich both work for the city of Canton thus the same i.p. address. He also stated that it was he that told Mikenrich about Tiki Central but does not know him personally.

It's not unusual for people to join up here in the hopes of selling something and then have an alter identity join up in an attempt to jack up the perceived value. It's happened before and the shared i.p. was a red flag.

In anycase, Bali O Hai O has since recanted the claim that the Witco is from the Bali Hai and Mikenrich is apparently not selling it.

Nevertheless, I thank Bali O Hai O for all of the info and eye-candy he has brought here to TC and if Mikenrich decides to sell his find, I'm sure someone will be happy to buy it no matter where it came from.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-07 2:40 pm   Permalink

OK.. So.... Back to the original subject, This wonderful bar

Just wondering, are you going to keep this great old bar??

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 2:50 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali O Hai O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-08 07:08 am   Permalink

Cool Unga Bunga, but that photoshop job might make Freaky David er, I mean Tiki David think there really is a sale! LOL

View Profile of Bali O Hai O Send a personal message to Bali O Hai O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Spaceboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-08 12:43 pm   Permalink

Let's see this bar in situ with the new owner enjoying a Mai Tai.
This piece really demands it's own tiki lounge to live in.

View Profile of Spaceboy Send a personal message to Spaceboy  Email Spaceboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-05-10 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-04 02:48, Bali O Hai O wrote:

Bali O Hai O. Can you provide a link to the website where this image came from?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali O Hai O
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-10 9:14 pm   Permalink

I have the guys email address who sent it to me. I had posted originally on Craigslist that I was looking for Bali Hai stuff and he sent me the photo and that nap picture from a story he had on WebTV's Talkcity and wanted to know if I wanted to buy tiki stuff from him. I said no and never heard back. This was years ago. His forum name was at http://profile.talkcity.com/Tiki-Tom-Tom

PM me for his email.

MikenRich
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-11 08:27 am   Permalink

I will soon have some photos of the stools, they did come with it but the foam is breaking down in them. I need to get them fixed up.

View Profile of MikenRich Send a personal message to MikenRich      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-05-11 08:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-10 21:14, Bali O Hai O wrote:
I have the guys email address who sent it to me. I had posted originally on Craigslist that I was looking for Bali Hai stuff and he sent me the photo and that nap picture from a story he had on WebTV's Talkcity and wanted to know if I wanted to buy tiki stuff from him. I said no and never heard back. This was years ago. His forum name was at http://profile.talkcity.com/Tiki-Tom-Tom

PM me for his email.

Someone on Craigslist sent you that photo?... I thought earlier you said you found it on a Canton rep website... my bad. Nevertheless, it is a fake.

Here's the original:
From
http://blog.humuhumu.com/2006/09/11/nothing-says-fancy-like-a-moist-towelette

Fake:

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 09:49 am   Permalink

Hak, Columbo would be proud. My first thought was that the place just appropriated the Aku Aku design. Happened all the time. But the bottom edge of that item matches up nearly perfect in both images. Don't know what it shows or proves, but I think you're right about it being a fake.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 11:06 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation