FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Summer Mug Swap is a GO!! (Post pics of your trades!!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Summer Mug Swap is a GO!! (Post pics of your trades!!)
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 10:48 am   Permalink

Wow. I just finished sending Liz a PM leaving my possible skunking up to the whim of the Tiki, and Duane steps up as a personal emmisary of Lono himself! This just illustrates the spirit of aloha that permeates these forums. I was actually coming to this thread to make sure that I thanked leilei again for putting together some great swaps. Duane & Liz: If you guys are at Oasis, look for me & Mrs. Zero-we'll get you both a MaiTai. Thanks again.

Mahalos to all,
~Zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[[[((8-0))]]]
The Super Secret Sigil of The Electric Tiki Society(tm)

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-06-28 10:51 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lilusako
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-28 12:24 pm   Permalink

I was a little bit worried over the weekend that my package might have been lost in the mail only to find this morning a package that look like it went through the volcanoes of doom and survived in one piece!

But I guess as they say great things come to those who wait and my package from Cap'n Pharaoh finally arrived safe and sound, all the way from Australia!

Upon opening the package I was greeted by a lovely card:

Every single thing in the package was a pleasant surprise and glee of joy!

An original Cap'n Pharaoh "Bone Nose" mug (1 of 12), original Tiki Diva Tiki earrings (thanks! my very first pair of tiki earrings!), napkins, a coaster from Australia, umbrella sippy straws, paper tiki decorations, a keychain, an awesome tiki sticker, a cactus swizzle stick, and a fan (for all of those hot Tiki nights...).

Mahalo Cap'n Pharaoh and Tiki Diva for the lovely goodies from across the world. Also a great big mahalo to leleliz for putting this swap together.

ZeroTiki, I hope your other swap comes in too!

View Profile of lilusako Send a personal message to lilusako      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 9:20 pm   Permalink

I finally have pictures of my two trades. We are in the middle of a remodel & trying to find things like a camera is a pain. My first package came from "Tikisgrl" Beth.

A coffee mug, salt & pepper shakers, matchbooks, postcard & a good luck charm from Aku Aku in Las Vegas.

My second package was from "Tropical Icebergs" J.D. & Victoria. This was a BIG box. Here is the top level of the box.

Two calendars, tiki candles, therometer, funky cow, & a spinning shot drinking game.

The middle level was even better.

Tommy Bahama mug, "Funkeys" toy, pendant & braclet.

There was even more on the bottom.

More "Funkeys", Shag drink cards & stationary, tiki lotion, tiki drink salt & pepper shakers, & Luau paddles. This trade was on my porch at the end of really bad day. It sure turned my day around.

A big thank you to Beth, J.D. & Vidtoria.
Thanks to liz for keeping the trades going.
Mahalo, Mike

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 9:28 pm   Permalink

I swear everytime someone gets a box from Tropical Icebergs (myself included) its like going through your stocking at Christmas. So much variety and no matter what they include it always brings a smile to your face!

Great swap boxes so far guys. I know we are still waiting to hear from a couple people so hopefully those will get up and posted soon. Let me know (if you haven't already) if you are waiting on a box.

TikiDaye

I am still trying to get ahold of you. Please check your pm.

I think we are going to take a break from swaps until the holidays.

That way it will give you all time to find the Steve Crane Bird Bowl I want

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2010-06-29 10:40 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-29 01:59 am   Permalink

Please to forgive, I received my bounty about a week ago. I've been working so hard it's really hard to tell.

First is not one but three mugs. Hello! I don't have any of them but I guess that I can't say that anymore. Also, fun swizzle stix, cup mir maids and a spoon tray.
Tiki Atari ROCKS !

Second is a Trader Vic's cook book in hardback no less. Napkins an oil lamp and a beer cozy no less. Must be for the Primo that was some how left out.
Tiki Atari ROCKS !

Finlay is the Card, super fun napkins, fun straws and the obligatory tiki umbrellas for any good tiki drink.
Tiki Atari ROCKS !

In closing I'd just like to say that Wait for it ....
Tiki Atari ROCKS !

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-29 05:31 am   Permalink

I will give this until the weekend and if Zero's trade is still MIA I will send him a package. I have Zero's address, so since he is pretty close, it should only take a day or so to arrive.

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-29 06:55 am   Permalink

Greetings fellow mug swappers....

First a sincere apology to Pikeys Dog, and Leleliz for the delay on my post.

I did recieve my swap package from Pikeys Dog and it is awesome! when I first saw the package waiting on my doorstep i was really excited , but when my two year old saw it she immediately grabbed it and went crazy. we were just discussing santa claus on the car ride home , so naturally she thought santa left her a package...when she opened it she proceeded to put on her "snow clothes" and had a snow ball fight.

that alone was worth the swap.

but when I saw what was in the box I was very pleased,

not only do i not have either of those mugs, but it was nice to see a old british tiki mug for a change.
kinda cool.

and the variety of swizzle sticks, mug ornaments and brochures from around the world , made me feel as if I'd been to each exotic port.

Thank You Pikeys Dog You rock.

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 5:04 pm   Permalink

Hate to say it, cuz I love the praise, but I didn't send you that one Savage Tiki..you sent ME a most awesome swap..not vis versa. Some other lovely person sent you those goodies!

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 6:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-30 17:04, Tiki-Atari wrote:
Hate to say it, cuz I love the praise, but I didn't send you that one Savage Tiki..you sent ME a most awesome swap..not vis versa. Some other lovely person sent you those goodies!

Yeah guys you don't really get each other when you swap. Its random..well its supposed to be

Savage Tiki if I told you Tiki Atari was your sendee I am sorry. Your package came from ka'lenatiki.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 6:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Yeah guys you don't really get each other when you swap. Its random..well its supposed to be

Savage Tiki if I told you Tiki Atari was your sendee I am sorry. Your package came from ka'lenatiki.

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 6:38 pm   Permalink

ALso if you have pm'd me to ask where your box is (besides Zerotiki) I have checked and a few people are not checking their pms.

Hang tight and I will find out

MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 8:22 pm   Permalink

Wow, just returned from vacation to find a BIG ol' Tiki Box waiting for me from Vince Martini filled with all kinds of goodies. Photo coming tomorrow.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-30 8:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-30 20:22, MauiTiki wrote:
Wow, just returned from vacation to find a BIG ol' Tiki Box waiting for me from Vince Martini filled with all kinds of goodies. Photo coming tomorrow.

Maui -

I forgot to pack one of the trinkets, so a second package will be heading your way soon. Sorry about that. I was in too much of a rush prior to heading to Hukilau.

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 7:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-30 18:36, leleliz wrote:
Quote:

confusion, disaray and chaos... my work here is done..
Just glad you got it Savage Tiki and I was able to bring you somthing new

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-01 8:29 pm   Permalink

So I arrived home from vacation to find a HUGE Tiki Box waiting for me.

(Next time when any of you ship to Hawaii be sure to use the Flat Rate Boxes, it will be much much cheaper to send.)

It was filled with all kinds of Goodies, including a CD by the River Burritos!!

And not one but 4 Mugs! I love the Derek Mini Moai Mugs, all the swizzle sticks, the retro napkins and the Tiki Farm logo mug! A real Leilani double sided mug with the word Leilani on the front and the OOH wording on the bottom. You can tell it's an old one because of the marking on the upper cheek.

My co-worker downloaded the River Burritos for her iPod, we love the CD! It's great office music for Maui.

Thanks Vince Martini for everything.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation