FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart 151
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 7:32 pm   Permalink

If the wording on the label isn't changed then it is no longer available. What ever is on the shelves is the last of it. Supposedly "demerara rum" can't be used on the bottle.
Not sure why.

Mosaiq Inc. (Canada) owns the brand. Not terrible news.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2013-02-10 21:10 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-04 10:10 pm   Permalink

To what do you refer to, sir?

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
snackbar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 12:04 am   Permalink

Maybe this:

http://www.just-drinks.com/ia.aspx?id=1361

Is that good or bad news?

lilyscarlet.com

View Profile of snackbar Send a personal message to snackbar  Goto the website of snackbar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 05:38 am   Permalink

The linked article simply mentions a change of ownership, which really only changes who signs the paychecks for the Lemon Hart employees.

Rum Renaissance is in Miami this weekend and I think pretty much all of the great Rum Drinkers and Rum Makers will be in town. I'll send out scouting parties to find out what can be found out and report back some time next week after the hangover lifts.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 07:51 am   Permalink

Hmm... hording time?

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 09:46 am   Permalink

By all accounts, what LH is in stores and warehouses now is it. My sources say it will no longer be available, and if it is, it may well be changed, for the worse.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 10:20 am   Permalink

I think Demerara Distillers Ltd. (El Dorado) owns the rights to use "Demerara Rum" on bottles of rum in the US. LH/Mosaiq would have to remove the phrase from the label.

Start hoarding? I started last year when I heard of the production slow down. You only slow production for a few reasons. A corporate sale, too much stock (who here has wondered why their local stockist had wayyy too much Lemon Hart on the shelf?? ) or closing up.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 5:16 pm   Permalink

Going with positive vibes here, maybe it's a sign that LH's JAMAICAN RUM could once again appear on shelves in the 50 states...Oh please! And if that's possible, why not a grass roots effort to have W&N produce DAGGER RUM for consumption again!

It's always good to be a dreamer...

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-05 5:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-05 17:16, A frame wrote:
Going with positive vibes here, maybe it's a sign that LH's JAMAICAN RUM could once again appear on shelves in the 50 states...Oh please! And if that's possible, why not a grass roots effort to have W&N produce DAGGER RUM for consumption again!

It's always good to be a dreamer...

I second that!

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rangda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-05 6:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

who here has wondered why their local stockist had wayyy too much Lemon Hart on the shelf??

Actually a store near me had 12 bottles of LH 151 (I bought 4 when I heard the 151 might disappear), and another one must have 20+ bottles of LH 80 (a few months ago, I don't go there often).

View Profile of rangda Send a personal message to rangda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-05 6:54 pm   Permalink

Well now I know what I'm buying *every* time I see it.

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 7:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-05 10:20, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
I think Demerara Distillers Ltd. (El Dorado) owns the rights to use "Demerara Rum" on bottles of rum in the US. LH/Mosaiq would have to remove the phrase from the label.

That's actually not possible.

It seems unlikely that Mosaiq would purchase the brand just to remove it from the market, that is not really a good way to make a return on their investment.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rangda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-05 8:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

That's actually not possible.

It seems unlikely that Mosaiq would purchase the brand just to remove it from the market, that is not really a good way to make a return on their investment.

From the conversation going on at the Ministry of Rum that would appear to be the case.

http://www.ministryofrum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4157

Mosaiq is a Canadian importer and presumably it will be sold in Canada, but sadly not in the US.

For the 80 it won't be the end of the world as El Dorado will be available, but for the 151 it's going to be a big problem.

View Profile of rangda Send a personal message to rangda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 10:26 am   Permalink

Didn't we go through all of this before a couple of years ago -- Lemon Hart is going away, get it while you can, etc. etc. Then lo and behold it's available again with little lag time. If I had to guess, I would say it's most likely that a deal will soon be struck with an American distributor and it will be as available as ever. I think the American market is too valuable for a beverage handler not to tap into it. Mi dos centavos.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 10:42 am   Permalink

it may not be intentional, but it would seem one way to inspire sales of anything is for people to think that it's going away!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation