FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Lemon Hart 151
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-20 2:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-05 03:04, Trader Magnus wrote:
It's getting difficult to find in Europe too, at least the 151... managed to get a bottle from German eBay, received it yesterday.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Magnus 2010-08-05 03:04 ]

Very interesting.. How much did this set you back?

I'm trying to make my treasured 3 bottles of Lemon Hart last, but it'd be nice to know these won't be my first and last experience with LH. Sadly this thread tells me otherwise...

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-20 5:46 pm   Permalink

Back in March someone registered the domain lemonhartrum.com and there is finally something at that address, just a placeholder graphic.

http://www.lemonhartrum.com/

Looks like a new design for the bottle label and different glass with a bulge in the neck of the bottle.
Identical to the Screech rum bottle actually with the same plastic wrap on the neck.

And what does it say on the label? I cannot quite make it out. RHUM DEMERARA?

Also... the Newfoundland & Labrador Liquor Corporation shows over 300 bottles of the stuff in current inventory with an origin of Newfoundland & Labrador (NL) so they seem to have production ramped up.

http://www.nfliquor.com/

[ This Message was edited by: rev_thumper 2010-08-20 17:58 ]

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-20 6:26 pm   Permalink

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-21 02:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-20 14:47, harro wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-08-05 03:04, Trader Magnus wrote:
It's getting difficult to find in Europe too, at least the 151... managed to get a bottle from German eBay, received it yesterday.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Magnus 2010-08-05 03:04 ]

Very interesting.. How much did this set you back?

I'm trying to make my treasured 3 bottles of Lemon Hart last, but it'd be nice to know these won't be my first and last experience with LH. Sadly this thread tells me otherwise...

It was €30 + postage, worth every cent. Haven't seen another bottle on eBay since then...

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-21 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-20 17:46, rev_thumper wrote:
Back in March someone registered the domain lemonhartrum.com and there is finally something at that address, just a placeholder graphic.

http://www.lemonhartrum.com/

Looks like a new design for the bottle label and different glass with a bulge in the neck of the bottle.
Identical to the Screech rum bottle actually with the same plastic wrap on the neck.

And what does it say on the label? I cannot quite make it out. RHUM DEMERARA?

This is interesting. Yeah, it says "Rhum Demerara Rum" on the label - everything is in both English and French for Canadian product. It also says "Product of Guyana." But nothing about 151 proof, which is what everyone is concerned about.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 08:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-21 10:09, arriano wrote:
But nothing about 151 proof, which is what everyone is concerned about.

I sent an email to the address listed on the web site asking about availability in the United States of the 80 and 151 proof products. The reply came from a mosaiq.ca address and said:

"Our plan is to have both Lemon Harts back in market by the fall. We are currently setting up our infrastructure so that we can properly supply the USA."

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GeneriKB
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-24 12:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-28 17:36, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

I posted this back a page or 2..... they still have some

Hi All I usually order from drinkupny, but they ran out yesterday, On a Hunch I called a liquor
Store on the big island, they have lemon hart 151 and I wAs able to place an order, their prices were very reasonable
If you are all interested, call Howard at 808-329-9400 it's the Kona wine and spirits

Amy

Just an update, I called up these guys and they have "a bunch of it". Price is pretty dang high (two bottles cost me around $100 shipped), but hey you only live once, right? Just make sure you really really enjoy those Jet Pilots

Link here:
http://www.konawineclub.com/r/products/lemon-hart-151-proof-rum

View Profile of GeneriKB Send a personal message to GeneriKB      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 5:43 pm   Permalink

From bar industry people we hear that LH 151 is gone forever, but something new is coming to take it's place. DrinkupNY says that the LH 151 will be back in the fall.

Intrigue!

I tend to trust the distributors less than the bar people myself, but we will see. I suspect all will be fine, but I am glad that I horded a bit. ; - )

-Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-24 17:43, tabuzak wrote:
but I am glad that I horded a bit. ; - )
-Jack

I have hord some in my time. I think it was worth it.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 10:07 pm   Permalink

I just ordered some El Dorado 12 yr and some of their white overproof 151 (which is not a traditional Demerara rum) from Hi Times in California. I'm going to take the advice that El Dorado offered on their facebook page and mix the 12yr & the white 151 together 50/50 when 151 demerara is called for. Has anyone else tried this yet??

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 10:33 pm   Permalink

That's interesting advice. Let us know what you think. Will you be able to compare it to LH 151?

My gut tells me it's just going to just be a waste of good El Dorado 12-year. I hope you prove me wrong.

Is the 151 even distilled in Guyana? The Beverage Warehouse price listing references Mexico. The cheap red labeling of the bottle is scary.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-25 05:52 am   Permalink

Michigan's going dry on Lemon Hart. I wouldn't call my two bottles a hoard but treasure all the same.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-25 10:36 pm   Permalink

Nice! I have two bottles left myself and am almost afraid to open them......but they taunt me with their tasty rumness.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 11:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-24 22:33, JOHN-O wrote:
That's interesting advice. Let us know what you think. Will you be able to compare it to LH 151?

My gut tells me it's just going to just be a waste of good El Dorado 12-year. I hope you prove me wrong.

Is the 151 even distilled in Guyana? The Beverage Warehouse price listing references Mexico. The cheap red labeling of the bottle is scary.

John,

I just received my parcel today. The El Dorado clear 151 is indeed labelled "Product of Guyana". I'll get a chance to try this combo tonight or tomorrow and I'll let you know the results. By the way, the El Dorado 12 year is bloody fantastic! It's deep and smooth, smooth enough to drink in a snifter. I don't know if I'll be able to back to the 5 year old after this......having the 12 year old in a Navy Grog right now. Good god it's wonderful!

[ This Message was edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2010-08-27 23:11 ]

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-31 7:28 pm   Permalink

First, sorry for not posting here more, the Ministry of Rum has kept me busier than I ever thought I could be, but about Lemon Hart.

The best information I have at this time is that Mosiaq in Canada concluded the purchase of the Lemon Hart label in February 2010 and have subsequently entered into an agreement with DDL in Guyana to buy aged product which they will bottle in Canada. So that takes care of the Canadian market. There is no agreement in place at this time for Lemon Hart to be imported to the US again, but there are discussions going on. It should be noted that the Lemon Hart brand was basically ignored in the US for the last 4 years so there are a lot of loose ends that will have to be cleaned up.

Apparently, the 151 was never sold in Canada, according to Mosaiq. In the US the product mix favors the 151. But Mosaiq has been seeing sales at 80 proof and hasn't seen enough demand, as in no requests from the liquor control boards across Canada for the 151.

To put Lemon Hart in perspective, previously it was blended with 1.5% Canadian rum and aged in Canada but the excise tax concessions, according to Mosaiq, don't favor that approach in the future. In about 1997, Lemon Hart 80proof was one of seven bottles of rum on the shelf at the biggest liquor store in the US, Sam's Wine and Spirits in Chicago. At that time the label stated 'Colored Fresh Rum.' Since that time that designation has been removed and I'm told that both the 80 proof and the 151 proof are aged rum, though both are colored with caramel.

I'll post more as soon as I have some confirmed details.

View Profile of Rum guy Send a personal message to Rum guy  Goto the website of Rum guy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation