FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart 151
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-29 5:08 pm   Permalink

I feel better about the change since seeing the video. I also spoke with a long time employee at Hi-Time Wine Cellars in Cost Mesa today. He stated that the recipe and source is the same, but some of the differences could have occured over a period of time. He made the comment that much of the LH151 original has been sitting around for quite awhile. Its only been recently with the possibility of it going away that the product really moved. Anyway his thought was that time in the bottle certainly could have added to the difference between the new and old label. I am certainly not an expert with how rum flavor changes in the bottle, but it seemed to make some sense. Regardless, I put my order in today for 3 bottles from Binnys in Chicago.

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-29 5:58 pm   Permalink

I do believe I heard the word "indistinquishable".

So if these two rum gurus think the new product works, that's good enough for me.

I have seven bottles of old stock. I'll push them way to the back and get the new stuff for my Zombies.

Cheers!

Chris
WestADad

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-30 12:35 pm   Permalink

I'm happy to Hear that they are almost the same.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-02 2:17 pm   Permalink

My bottles of the new label arrived today. So I had my own taste test. I seem to agree with everything I've heard so far. The new label is slighty sweeter and the original seems to have just a bit more smoke. My opinion is that new label Lemon Hart 151 is excellent and it will help Donn's drink live on. Anyway, after your first Zombie or Jet Pilot, you won't give a shit about the very subtle differences.

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tiki 2011-09-02 14:18 ]

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-02 4:49 pm   Permalink

I'll bet adding a drop or two of 'Liquid Smoke' to a bottle of the new stuff would fix it. Tonga, you try it, re-test, and report back. C'mon,... I dare you!

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-02 7:59 pm   Permalink

you sure go through a lot of LH 151, Tonga.

you got a local tiki speakeasy I need to know about or something?

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-05 04:49 am   Permalink

The entry password is 3 knocks and say "yo ho ho"

I. M. Transpose

Posted: 2011-09-05 06:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-29 16:11, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Ed Hamilton and Martin "Martiki" Cate do a side-by-side taste test of the new and old bottle Lemon Hart 151.

That helps a lot. Thanks for posting this!

View Profile of I. M. Transpose Send a personal message to I. M. Transpose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-24 07:13 am   Permalink

Holy crap!
At the liquor store where I work we got in a case yesterday... OF THE OLD STUFF!!!
If anyone's in/near the Denver area, come on by and get a bottle before they all wind up in my house.
Davidson's in Highlands Ranch.
See you there.

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-28 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-24 07:13, CucamongaChango wrote:
Holy crap!
At the liquor store where I work we got in a case yesterday... OF THE OLD STUFF!!!
If anyone's in/near the Denver area, come on by and get a bottle before they all wind up in my house.
See you there.

Thanks! They don't ship liquor, but luckily I have a friend in the Denver area. I've bought my 2 bottles (not trying to be greedy) and having them shipped. This will bring my old label stash up to 5 1/2 bottles. Long live Jet Pilots!

Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 7:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-09-24 07:13, CucamongaChango wrote:
Holy crap!
See you there.

My 2 bottles showed up today - shipped by a friend in the Denver area.

Thanks for the hot tip CucamongaChango!

CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-11 08:26 am   Permalink

EXCELLENT.

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-14 08:57 am   Permalink

My brother-in-law picked up my two yesterday - maybe time for a mile high visit.

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-29 03:24 am   Permalink

anybody happen to know where I can find LH in Georgia?? I can't order it on-line (GA says no lol) I'd appreciate any help! (local store looked at me like I was nuts when I asked about it)

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fallenstar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-15 6:08 pm   Permalink

Got lucky and scored another bottle of the old stuff. I called the shop I had last bought it from, and they told me they were all out. 5 minutes later they called back because they found a bottle in the back! Still no sign of the new label here in FL.

View Profile of Fallenstar Send a personal message to Fallenstar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation