FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Tiki Bar (i know, it needs a better name...)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Tiki Bar (i know, it needs a better name...)
faztiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-16 9:57 pm   Permalink

well, 9:00 and its too late to make any more noise out in the workshop, but i'm too excited about the way the latest project is coming together to quit thinking about it. so... pictures!
i guess just a couple will show what i've done tonight. I'm still working on the ceiling of the bar. these beams will support the thatch. the two finished beams at the outside, the wider one in the center. the design for that center beam underwent a half-dozen changes from drawing board to carving. i burned through a whole eraser because i just couldnt decide until sketching each design onto the beam. i think i've found the right design, though, only because it went from vision to drawing to carved in just a day and a half.

also received the 'chasing light ropes' with a controller that can vary the flashing of the lights and the intensity, even able to make it flash to music or voices. noveltylights.com has a pretty good deal on them, and cuts them to whatever length you want.

all thats left to do is a bit more router work, staining, burning and scraping, finishing, attach the lights, cut the thatch, hang the thing up, and then put the whole bar back together! ummm, thats actually a lot of work, but i'm pushing it hard this weekend. i better recruit some help. (although that usually just leads to drinks and planning ten new projects...)

thanks to everyone for the encouragement,
be well, Faztiki

View Profile of faztiki Send a personal message to faztiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation