FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge For the people here who still hate Jimmy Buffett (Video)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
For the people here who still hate Jimmy Buffett (Video)
Trader_Rick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-05 8:55 pm   Permalink

After searching the forums, it appears that Tiki Central-ites no longer harbor the intense, burning hatred for this man that they did 8 years ago. All the same, I think a lot of people here might enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1Nh6c80wo

I found it awhile ago and always meant to share it.

[ This Message was edited by: Trader_Rick 2010-05-05 21:02 ]

View Profile of Trader_Rick Send a personal message to Trader_Rick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 10:05 am   Permalink

Brilliant!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 7:38 pm   Permalink

"jah mo murdered a LOT of people!"

Classic! I just laughed so hard I think I jizzed all over myself!

Meanwhile, here is a clip of David Koresh doing his thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0j7sModCI

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brice
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-07 10:46 am   Permalink

I have a great idea for the next JB CD you find at a garage sale. If you buy them and use them for coasters then at least they serve some function. If you place it under your cocktail made in a tiki mug it is the closest he has ever been to real tiki!

View Profile of Brice Send a personal message to Brice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 1:41 pm   Permalink

Normally I never bother checking out the video links posted here because it's a well known fact that people who post video links are boring, unimaginative, and think Two and a Half Men is damned funny. (It's not.)

But that video was damned funny. I loved seeing James Ingram and Michael McDonald getting smashed on Malibu rum. And the garnish in Bufet's drink.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-07 13:41, woofmutt wrote:
Normally I never bother checking out the video links posted here because it's a well known fact that people who post video links are boring, unimaginative, and think Two and a Half Men is damned funny. (It's not.)

I probably post a majority of the video links in bilge, so are you referring to me?

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 10:54 pm   Permalink

No.

In general I really don't think about individuals. To me the world is just one big swarm of idiots. Sorry.

Now taking the focus of you (for once) and back to the thread topic...

I ended up watching all but one episode of Yacht Rock and the series is (was) a blast. What also makes it fun is that a lot of the facts are true. Particularly all the back alley brawls between bands of the late 70s.

My only complaint was the inclusion of Steely Dan under the Yacht Rock label. It doesn't seem right. On the other hand there are Michael McDonald's backing vocals suggesting otherwise.

And now back to Lucas Vigor wondering if he's been slighted by another stranger.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-16 02:47 am   Permalink

As if we aren't suffering enough from the recent activity in Tallahassee, they go along and do this!

http://www.theboot.com/2011/04/09/jimmy-buffett-day-florida/

Luckily, today is also our Pre-Hukilau party, so SOME of us in the state are putting up at least token resistance!

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-04-16 09:05 am   Permalink

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-16 1:15 pm   Permalink

Awesome! Was he not watching where he was going as he was looking for his lost jigger of salt?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-17 09:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-04-16 09:05, Bora Boris wrote:
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Well, though I am obviously not a fan of his music, this kind of stuff always makes me feel sad. I take no pleasure in seeing him or anyone else fall from a stage and get hurt.

Now, if that happened to Eminem, different story!

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2011-04-17 12:02 ]

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-04-17 09:07 am   Permalink

While I don't enjoy watching him experience actual physical pain I can enjoy him cluelessly not knowing where the edge of the stage is.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-17 11:57 am   Permalink

As one born part Florida-redneck, I like Jimmy Buffet. I can understand why others would not, though. Hell, even lots of Floridians hate him.

It will be hilarious though if, in forty years, some sort of neo-parrothead movement arises, with folks trying to divine the formula used for the drinks at margarita-ville restaurants from the 2000's etc a la today's efforts of tiki revivalists...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2011-04-17 12:38 pm   Permalink

More Yacht Rock talk here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17442&forum=13

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-18 09:53 am   Permalink

Yeah, I can see them searching high and low for that EXACT brand of high-fructose corn syrup or artificial flavoring that just MADE that drink!

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation