Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving A couple big Tikis
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
A couple big Tikis
AZSteveR

Posted: 2010-05-06 2:26 pm   Permalink

After taking some time off, I carved up a couple freshies. "MEGATIKI" is 8' and "IRIE WARRIOR" is 5'5". A guy bought MegaTiki and wanted a "similar" tiki to keep him company. What do you think? Any tips or suggestions? I have a couple more 6' big logs ready to rock.

8' log...loaded by myself, not a biggie!

MegaTiki preburned

MEGATIKI

5'5" log

Irie Warrior preburned

IRIE WARRIOR

[ This Message was edited by: AZSteveR 2010-05-06 15:39 ]

View Profile of AZSteveR Send a personal message to AZSteveR      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 4:32 pm   Permalink

that is a whole lotta head!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-06 7:45 pm   Permalink

Nice! love the size of these logs.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Jack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 11:44 am   Permalink

Very Cool!! What kind of wood did you use?

View Profile of Captain Jack Send a personal message to Captain Jack  Email Captain Jack Goto the website of Captain Jack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-08 05:14 am   Permalink

Carve deeper

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-08 06:50 am   Permalink

Nice Starter Tikis, Giant logs which look like Cabbage/Sable Palm logs. Are you in Florida, Where? Love the shots of you on top of the tiki's
As WPlugger said, "Carve Deeper" , get that mouth Way Open and that nose stuck out there, give him some Deep features. Still tikis to be Proud of!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BUFFBAD
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-09 12:25 pm   Permalink

SIZE DOES MATTER !!! I am with BEN .... what kind of palm is that?. Looks like Florida cabbage palm on steroids.

[ This Message was edited by: BUFFBAD 2010-05-09 12:26 ]

View Profile of BUFFBAD Send a personal message to BUFFBAD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AZSteveR

Posted: 2010-05-10 12:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. I will definitely work on carving deeper on my next ones. I'm still a novice and I'm trying to get better. I was lucky to find a huge dead Mexican fan palm in an empty lot from which I got an 8', and two 5.5' logs from! It's crazy how good some of the people are on here. Yowza!

[ This Message was edited by: AZSteveR 2010-05-10 12:25 ]

View Profile of AZSteveR Send a personal message to AZSteveR      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-10 4:23 pm   Permalink

Just keep practicing ant you'll be a Killer Karver too!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 8:15 pm   Permalink

Those are pretty clean cuts. What are you carving with right now?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AZSteveR

Posted: 2010-05-11 11:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks! I'm actually just using a few crappy home depot style chisels. I didn't even sand or stain, just carve and burn! When I get a bit better, I want to start using better chisels and I'd like to get crazy with design work.

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 08:21 am   Permalink

What are you talking about?

Those things are tiny!!!

Hahahaha!!!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AZSteveR

Posted: 2010-06-12 8:35 pm   Permalink

I made another, but I'm not too stoked on him. Wood was really bad so I kinda just messed around.

My first mini...

drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 3:46 pm   Permalink

I actually think the big one looks good. Don't give up on it, I think most people have given up on one or more and came back to work on them and enjoyed the results.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AZSteveR

Posted: 2010-06-23 5:35 pm   Permalink

A 6' quickie I chugged out before I move to Costa Rica. Just had to get him done, wish I had more time to go deep and add detail, but not too bad for only spending a few horas!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation