FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events MariePalooza, a Tiki Band Aid-( Results Pg. 18) Official Event Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
MariePalooza, a Tiki Band Aid-( Results Pg. 18) Official Event Thread
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 1:54 pm   Permalink

Cheers to all of you event staff for the Mariepalooza yesterday, all the great bands, Art Snyder and the staff, all of the artists that contributed some very cool items and all of the cool people at Don the Beachcomber's last night.
What a great turnout of support!. Marie, you should have been there!
Here are some photos for now and some video from Scott and I coming you way soon. Hope to see you back at Don's.
There were a few problems that you would have caught had you been there.

1.Reverb had his famous drink that won the TC drink contest some years back. He had one while talking to me. " Marie needs to make this, she does the Reverb Crash right"

2. The raffle ticket barrel was too small, (This is probably Woo Hoo or Crazy Al's problem not yours but it needs to be said)

3. My Mai Tai seemed different somehow? What recipe do you guys use? Come to think of it, who did invent this drink anyway?

4.The main problem, you were not there and missed by everyone.

Get well soon.

[

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 2:17 pm   Permalink

How cool is this picture?

Answer: Very cool!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 2:19 pm   Permalink

that's a whole lotta good times.

Thanks for the Pics Tim.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 2:23 pm   Permalink

Kelly, You look radiant in this photo!

Quote:

On 2010-05-31 12:43, Tonga Tom wrote:

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 2:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the Pics everyone!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 2:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-31 09:18, WooHooWahine wrote:
If anyone is interested in purchasing an event poster we still have a few left.

PM me to make your purchase. Posters are $20 and all proceeds will go to The Mariepalooza Fund

Do it, its a great poster
and goes to the fund for Marie.

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-05-31 14:50 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 2:47 pm   Permalink

Where are the photos of the half naked men? I heard there was going to be a kane auction.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 3:37 pm   Permalink

Great snaps Tom and Tim!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 3:54 pm   Permalink

Epic!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 4:57 pm   Permalink

Yes, you guessed it! More photos...

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 5:16 pm   Permalink

Wow...fun pictures. Looks like you all had an awesome time and the organizers did it up right (as usual). Congratulations on such a great turn out.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tuna Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 5:37 pm   Permalink

Soccer, Woo Hoo. I can't believe you and all the rest of you wonderful people put together such an amazing event in less than a month. The auction items, the raffle prizes, the bands. Top drawer, first rate, creme de la creme. I can't think of a more worth while cause then looking after one of our own. Thank you for a wonderful evening. One we won't forget for a long time.

Marie, we love you and wish you a speedy recovery.

Love,
Jeff and Patti

View Profile of Tuna Tiki Send a personal message to Tuna Tiki  Email Tuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 7:31 pm   Permalink

Yay! What an awesome event! It was like a tiki family reunion! Everywhere you turn, there's another familiar, friendly face, and everybody was there to support a great cause!

Huge Mahalos to everybody who donated time and effort to put this all together... it was spectacular!!!

The hours seemed to fly by in a blur of tiki fun! Or maybe it was the Rum Barrel, followed by the two Zombies... And that was after several people suggested that the next drink after a Rum Barrel shouldn't be a Zombie... that's why I had two!

Get well soon Marie!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 8:26 pm   Permalink

Huge Mahalos to Chris and Karen for the fantastic job they did putting this all together
in such a short time .Would also like to extend my thanks to all the artists and musicians
that were involved...thank you for your time and generosity.Don's staff was on top of
things as well.Had a great time and awesome to see everyone under one roof for such a
great cause.Something like eight bands that played within nine hours ....woosh time flew!!
I was camera shy , however got a couple pics off in between the countless zombies, Mai Tais,
Hinanos and the list goes on .Good good times .....wow!!

Woohoooooooooo!

The fantastic Slacktones

Eric, Aframe ? and Murph to the far right

Bong and Marty

JP , Marty and Bong ....don't ask !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-31 9:52 pm   Permalink

Ojaitimo - Stellar pics. That new camera you have takes really nice shots (knowing a good angle helps too !)

Great time. It was great seeing everyone, and meeting a few new folks. Randy from Waitiki, great meeting you and talking shop.
NorCal - Tikitastic and TaiwonOn, always great to see you guys, my favorite group of Blackbelt drinkers from the north !

Bosko - I saw you but didn't get a chance to say hello. Glad you came out.

Soccer and WooHoo...what can I say ? Great job putting this together !

Exotiki, I was in soundcheck mode so I didn't get to see you except for a a quick passing thru in the bar.

Had a blast playing with the Menehunes, and I really enjoyed playing the Tikiyaki set, tho' I think everyone was pretty wiped out by the time we got to play.
It was a LONG day.

Thanx to everyone who came out and supported this great cause. I'm sure Marie really appreciates it.

Anyway...

See y'all next week in Palm Springs ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation