FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker SOLD OUT Museum Event in Manhattan Beach Sept 25 - Oct 14
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker SOLD OUT Museum Event in Manhattan Beach Sept 25 - Oct 14
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 12:50 am   Permalink

Pupus and Drinks at the reception on Saturday night the 25th of September.

http://www.tikishark.com
http://www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land
http://www.cocktailnation.net
http://www.sargentsfineart.com/artist/parker.php

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2010-05-07 00:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2010-05-07 13:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2010-10-04 01:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2010-10-04 19:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2010-10-13 16:46 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-07 01:36 am   Permalink

Putting this on the calendar for sure, Brad.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-07 10:06 pm   Permalink

THANKS Atomic Tiki Punk.

Well, the big Tiki clock in the sky is ticking.
September 25th is getting closer.
I'm making art.
I will have ten pieces at this show. (fingers crossed)
Many will be original paintings.
Some will be "artist proofs" limited editions - on canvas, retouched.
Here is one of the original paintings that will be there:

"Faster Than Disaster"

30" x 24"
Acrylic on canvas

We'll have food and drinks and dancing girls! Er... ok, some lovely young ladies will be serving drinks and pupus, they may or may not dance while they are doing so. That's up to them.
Hope you to see you there!

brad@tikishark.com
www.tikishark.com
www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2010-06-07 22:10 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-08 08:27 am   Permalink

possible dancing girls!?!?!?!?!?
I'm so there!

and the fact that they'll have brad art on the walls
is an added bonus!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-07 01:20 am   Permalink

little lost tiki - Okay, maybe dancing girls. Well, maybe not. However, my gorgeous niece from Canada is going to come down to help out, perhaps strolling around in her swanky aura of dream-like beauty serving refreshments on a silver platter.... (but her new husband will be there too... minding da' door, he'll be da' gorilla sporting a zoot-suit, and packing a black-jack, jus' so's none o' you mooks get outa. line, ya' know? Dis' is a classy joint we're talkin' about here.)

So the theme of the show (or my part of it) is this:
10 pieces. All original paintings, or full sized giclees on canvas with artist remarks (making them one of a kind pieces and as close to seeing the original as possible).
PLUS, 10 "Vintage" framed covers of "Tales From The Tiki Lounge".
It'll be Issues 1 through 10.
Get what I'm saying?

"Faster Than Disaster" - Original painting
30" x 24" Acrylic on Canvas

(Vintage) "Tales From the Tiki Lounge #1, featuring "Faster Than Disaster" on the cover.
11" x 8" Giclee on paper

Should be an interesting juxtaposition of art and what happens to said art after it is published.

Scribble it down on your calendars... September 25th 2010!
See you there!
ALOHA!
Brad~

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-17 1:54 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Got the latest copy of Hi Fructose Magazine... flipping through I found my ad! Swank!
Hope folks see it, and show up at the show in September!
September 25th, Saturday, 7 PM to 9 PM
Mahalo!
Brad~

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 4:16 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Submitted for your amusement:
a link to all the art (thus far) that will appear in the art show, ala with a little promo help from the nice folks at La Luz De Jesus Gallery:

http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2010/Tiki-Shark/Parker2010.htm

Hope this works. It'll be up for REAL by month's end.

Big Mahalo!
Brad~

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-29 6:45 pm   Permalink

Aloha tiki Tribe!
The day of the big show is inching closer. The "Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center" has created their promo invitation.

"Hey kids, can you pick out the "Low Brow" artist?

I'm very honored to be given top billing. Hope to see some Tiki folks there - I'm making up a special "Voo Doo" punch that will be served along with the usual swank beverages and food the Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center serves during openings.

Big Aloha!
Brad~

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 7:07 pm   Permalink

A L O H A Tiki Tribe!

So, the BIG art show is coming up - Sept 25th. S A T U R D A Y Opening night 7 to 9 PM.
Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center.
1560 Manhattan Beach Boulevard
Manhattan Beach, California 90266 (310) 802-5440
Near the waves in the ol' south bay!
Along with original paintings for sale, I will be offering some very high end giclees on canvas - These are limited editions. They are hand retouched by me, are the same size as the originals, and look as great as the originals! (well, almost, but a darned beautiful job of reproduction.

Please check out this link to a listing of the work by La Luz de Jesus Gallery, who are being so kind as to help promote the show.

In this wacky economic time, I know some Tiki Tribe art patrons are looking to enhance the walls of their tiki huts with out spending a few thousand clams. So... I will also have some giclee on PAPER art prints at a lesser price for those art patrons seeking to pay more around $100 instead of ...well, a few thousand clams. All my giclee art prints are made at Honu editions here on the Big Island of Hawaii - their expert work hangs in every local museum and swank hotel lobby. Simply, they are the best on the Big Island.

("Monsters on Vacation" - one of the art prints that will be offered for sale.)
I'll be there opening night to sign and personalize all art prints bought. This will also save you those pesky shipping costs from Hawaii when folks buy my art prints on line. I'll have a limited supply with me, so if you come early, you'll more likely be able to find the art print on paper you're looking for.

So check out the original art - the high end giclees on canvas, - and the beautiful giclees on paper.

B I G A L O H A !
Hope to see you there!
Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-26 3:43 pm   Permalink

A L O H A Tiki Tribe!

Whew, was up till 2 AM... not drinking...painting! I finished the huge epic sunken pirate-ship-and-tiki painting!!!!
It'll be on display at the show in Sept.

Am I going to post a big fat photo of the finished painting that took me 3 plus months to paint? No. I'm going to be a total creep and keep it secret till OPENING NIGHT Sept 25th! So you can come on down and gawk at it in person, along with a whole bunch of other originals, some high end giclees , and even some very reasonable priced giclees on paper - all for sale, and which I will personalize to you if you so wish.
Like what you ask? Well check it out here:

The Pirate Ship is not listed on the La Luz de Jesus Gallery site as it wasn't done yet, and it's already sold to a secret collector anyways. Now, I'm gonna try to crank out two smaller "Monsters on Vacation" pieces so I can have a whole block of 6 of them at the show..... (I hope. Pass the Red Bull please!)

But come on down and take a peep at da art, and at me (yeash!) in person, before it is swept away into a secret collection never to shown to the public ever ever ever again and I am deported back to the Big Island.

MAHALO!
Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 12:12 am   Permalink

A L O H A T I K I T R I B E !
19 days left...

...to the big art show at the Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center!
For a listing of all my art that will be at the show take a look at the listings at the La Luz de Jesus Gallery web site:

There will be a few other new pieces as well:
1.) Beyond the Reef - acrylic on canvas - SOLD

2.) Monsters on Vacation : a way swank SET of ALL FOUR monster paintings!!! (each 11 X 14) giclee on canvas - whole set for $1,000.00

Pre-sale...

Bela Lugosi Has a Zombie
Giclee on Canvas 30 x 24
SOLD

ALOHA, and hope too see you at the opening
Brad

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 08:10 am   Permalink

Right On Brad!
PreSales are the BEST!
CXongrats!
I'll be dragging some fellow art tards
up to manhattan beach
to amaze an inspire them
with your creative creations!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 09:23 am   Permalink

I am getting really motivated to try and swing by after hearing you on Cocktail Nation. Also i am hoping to bring my daughter who is an espiring artist and LOVES the Universal Monsters and I hope to show her smoth of the prints up close.

Thanks for droping this show in MB, makes it pretty hard to say 'it is too far away'.

Now if I can just get my hands on the check book, hmmmmmm.......

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-07 11:24 am   Permalink

Congrats Brad, you are an inspiration to all .We will be there .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 01:31 am   Permalink

A L O H A T I K I T R I B E ! !
count down...18 days till the art show!

little lost tiki - Thanks! U is so Right! Takes some of the sweating off!
Chippy ~ Wow, I would be honored! Hope u can bring your daughter- she's into the Universal Monsters? Sounds like a very Cool Kid U got there, raised by parents who knew what pop culture to expose her to.
TIKI-RAY~ Thanks! I look forward to seeing you!

So, as you might know, I sponsor the pod cast "The Cocktail Nation" hosted by Koop Kooper. Koop is a charming suave retro cat who lives in an amazingly fabulous penthouse over looking Sydney. It is my ardent goal to one day be as cool as Koop. To that end, I've been (mostly with the help of my partner Abbas) creating a ever more SWANK life style and living / working space. I think I've made alot of progress in progressing from some of the strange digs I occupied in Hollywood and Venice to the "Swank High House in the Mist" over looking Kailua-Kona bay where I now dwell and paint.

I guess all these efforts are starting to pay off a bit because today some nice folks from "In Home Magazine" - the Sunday Supplement of West Hawaii today" came by to photograph my pad. I said yes to the interview after I saw they did a piece on Dug Miller's "House of Tiki" which I found out is in my new neighborhood.

Here is the shot set up for the "Jungle Room chair"

Here editor Karen Anderson is over seeing the shot of "Diga Diga Doo" - the mugs and the print.

This is my art room - the work table and the "head chopper" axe on the wall are movie props I designed for the horror flick - "Jeepers Creepers". (shh! Don't tell Universal, I hear they have been searching for these rare pieces for years now!)

I have no idea how it will look published, but I think I'll be in the Halloween issue next month. I'll be sure to post then. Halloween is swank, right?

Big ALOHA!
Brad~

brad@tikishark.com
www.tikishark.com
www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2010-09-08 01:38 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation