FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker SOLD OUT Museum Event in Manhattan Beach Sept 25 - Oct 14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker SOLD OUT Museum Event in Manhattan Beach Sept 25 - Oct 14
koopkooper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-08 06:59 am   Permalink

Kooper digs this pad!

View Profile of koopkooper Send a personal message to koopkooper  Email koopkooper Goto the website of koopkooper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-09 8:09 pm   Permalink

A L O H A T I K I T R I B E !!!

Count down to the art show.... 17 days left!!!!

Wait is it 17 or is it 16? er...I'm not sure. Lack of sleep muct be getting to me. Oh well, "More Red Bull" - gotta focus on what I'm getting ready today.

Thursday, Sept 9th: I'm working my "day job" - a big "Tiki Shark Hawaii" beach towel order for a new client here in Hawaii. Yes, it would be nice if this would have happened AFTER the show, but we need to make deadlines for the factory. And, it's great to break into the tourist market here in Hawaii. That has taken some time.

Of course, this means I'm painting late into the tropical night to get the last painting finished. This last painting may be coming with me on the plane.

The Gallery in Maui just shipped the few originals they had to the venue in Manhattan Beach. I'm packing the originals I have been hording here this week end, and I'll ship them early next week. They should all arrive in Manhattan Beach in plenty time for set up. Am I a bit nervous? YES!

Some Exciting news: Here's a first look at my art on the cover of the "16 page supplement" that's packaged along with issue #21 of the french magazine "KUSTOM". It'll seem like you are buying a new magazine poly-bagged to include a vintage comic! Too fun! Will this actually fool any french people? Not sure, but it's cool to see it. I hear there is a box of them on the way to me. I hope they get here in time so I can take some to the art show.

Here's a link to the mag:

http://www.rods-customs.com/?p=452

Aloha!
Brad~

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-09 8:38 pm   Permalink

You may want to bring a light jacket.

The weather here has been unseasonably cool with a hearty marine layer (fog) at the beach.

But I am sure the show will be great. I am working to adjust some budding vacation plans to be there.

(Still looking for that checkbook)

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-10 02:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-09 20:38, Chippy wrote:
You may want to bring a light jacket.

The weather here has been unseasonably cool with a hearty marine layer (fog) at the beach.

But I am sure the show will be great. I am working to adjust some budding vacation plans to be there.

(Still looking for that checkbook)

I'm ready. We've gotten some severe weather here too. Yesterday, it got real hot, about 87. Then, it got really cold: about 82. Sheesh, freaky!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-10 03:18 am   Permalink

A L O H A
T I K I
T R I B E !

15 days until the art show... tick tok...

"Beyond The Reef"
24" x 36"
Acrylic on canvas
SOLD.
It will hang in the show, but it's name card will have a red dot on it.

ALOHA!
Brad

mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-10 08:25 am   Permalink

Brad, I wish I could be there.
All your stuff is off the hook and Beyond the Reef
is out of control crazy good. Good luck to you! MP

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-14 11:24 pm   Permalink

ALOHA
TIKI
TRIBE!
11 days to the art show.
SHEER PANIC... has eased a bit as almost all the paintings are shipped , in route or have arrived at the Creative Arts Center in Manhattan Beach. I'll be hand delivering two small pieces.

mp - Thanks! I'll raise a mug of voodoo punch to you at the opening. so, you'll, be there in spirit-s!

For you tiki tribe members who don't live in France, here's how the art supplement of issue # 21 of KUSTOM came out...

Here's the mag in it's poly bag.

flip side shows the "supplement" that comes with the mag with "Tales from the Tiki Lounge #1" in all it's faux vintage glory.

1 - I have no idea what it says, because I forgot all the french I took in collage.

2 - showing the "Monsters on Vacation" post cards and "Mister Mai Tai"

3 - "Forbidden Island" spread.

4 - "Diga Diga Doo" and "The Sunken Tiki"

5 - "Faster Than Disaster" spread

6 - "Jungle Witch" and "Tiki Cat"

7 - "The Moon of Manakoora"

The back cover with "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" #2.

I'm very happy with how it came out. It's even better than I hoped - big thanks to Charlie and Alexandre and all the great people at KUSTOM.
I heard it's selling well and that copies are already running low. So, if you happen to be in Europe, and see one, grab it!

Big Aloha!
Brad~

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-18 12:13 am   Permalink

ALOHA
TIKI
TRIBE!

News this aloha Friday: All original paintings have sold - pre show!
www.laluzdejesus.com

Still some gicless on canvas are available, and I will have some very high quality giclees on paper for sale opening night.
Big BIG Mahalo!

Brad Parker~

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-18 7:22 pm   Permalink

righteous Brad!
Well-deserved!
Now git on over here for a congratulatory hug!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-19 1:56 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Thank LLT!
Above is a sneak peek of the show poster for the Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center.
there will be a limited number for sale opening night . I'll be there so you can get yours signed.

Only days away.....

Big Aloha from the Big Island
Brad~

brad@tikishark.com
www.tikishark.com
www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land
http://www.cocktailnation.net
http://www.sargentsfineart.com/artist/parker.php

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2010-09-19 18:44 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-22 6:39 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Leaving the Island today - headed to So Cal!
Got the "event posters" - they came out great!
Better than I thought,
So good, in fact, that we sold a bunch of them to folks here. Had stop to make sure we still had enough to bring to the show.

18" x 24"
Limited amount for opening night - I'll sign 'em then and there for anyone who asks.
$40

See you at the Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center on Saturday Night!
ALOHA!
Brad

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-22 7:01 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Oh yes.... the very last painting for the show. Finally finished it late last night (in between face book messages to LLT and my other artist vampire friends)

"The Invisible Man goes Surfing"
acrylic on canvas 11" x 14"

It's Image #1 in the second set of "Monsters on Vacation"

Aloha
Brad~

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 11:03 am   Permalink

I heard there is also a Street Fair in El Segundo that day.
and there will be a few bands at the Purple Orchid later that night.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 1:04 pm   Permalink

BRAD's in TOWN!
Sweep the Streets and repaint the houses!
We gotta look sparkly for our Art Brother!

See you soon,Man!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-23 6:58 pm   Permalink

i'll be the invisible man this weekend..

unless you plan a trip to Vegas Too!!?

Damn... wish i was in-town... YOUR IN-TOWN!

Great work!!.. i'll have to check it during the week........ boo

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation