FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker SOLD OUT Museum Event in Manhattan Beach Sept 25 - Oct 14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker SOLD OUT Museum Event in Manhattan Beach Sept 25 - Oct 14
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 1:14 pm   Permalink

TONIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
Can't wait to see you,chum!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-25 1:55 pm   Permalink

Congartulations Brad wish I could be there. xoxo Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-26 10:29 pm   Permalink

Great show! I enjoyed seeing everything and chatting with everyone.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 08:42 am   Permalink

Awesome Show!
We even got to meet the MAYOR!
Fancypants!
The pieces looked soooo incredible all together on the wall....
Truly a masterful assembly of masterworks!
But the best part was being able to see/hug/and talk to Abbas and Brad!
Congratulations on selling all that work!
i see many exhibitions like this in your future!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-27 10:28 pm   Permalink

Awesome show! Brad's art was just amazing to see in person - really impressive! Lotsa red dots!! Great job Brad and it was great meeting Brad's business partner Abbas, too! Good seein' some of the crew there, too!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-28 08:10 am   Permalink

The Art show in Manhattan Beach on sat Sept 25 displaying the artwork of BRAD "TIKI SHARK" PARKER was an excellent exbibit and best thing was meeting Brad. Here are some pictures from the exhibit.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-29 9:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting pix, HB! Looks like a great turn out, sorry we missed it, but we were in a broken down car 300 miles away!

Congratulations, Brad!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 01:19 am   Permalink

A L O H A Tiki Tribe!

Thanks sooo much for posting those pics!

I just got back on the island tonight, jet lag is making this a short post, but big big Mahalo to everyone who showed up and bought all the art!

The show will hang at the Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center till October 14th, so you still have a chance to go take a look at the originals.

Brad~

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 6:31 pm   Permalink

HB TIKI - mahalo so much for posting the shots!

Thanks, just got back on the island. Show went real well - please check the listing of "Sold Out" here:
http://www.laluzdejesus.com/shows/2010/Tiki-Shark/Parker2010.htm

Whew! What an adventure that was! I'm still a bit stunned. Now, I'm decompressing back in Hawaii, and starting the long art journey to the next one...

Aloha,
Brad

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-04 8:11 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Here's some more photos. I thought I might have lost them, cause this camera was in my pocket when I fell into Pyramid Lake (but that's another story). Camera dried out and so did I.

OK, I'm totally geeking out here. This is the photo I always wanted. There's kind of a similar photo of a Robt Williams art show in his book "Through Prehensile Eyes". The Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center is a big beautiful art space. Vast amounts of light, broad white expanses of wall between each piece.

Here's the hardest working man in the "Art World" my agent and partner Abbas. The guy never stops!

the long wall.

Long wall - a closer look.

Here's the short wall across the gallery.
http://www.ci.manhattan-beach.ca.us/Index.aspx?page=928
The show hangs in this terrific space till Oct 14th. Take a drive to Manhattan Beach, take a look, as most all these pieces are sold and will all travel off to private tiki bars and swank lounges afterward, maybe never to be seen in public again.

Mahalo
brad

Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 11:13 am   Permalink

Congratulations on a successful show Brad! Wish I could have made it to the opening.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-08 4:06 pm   Permalink

Swampfire - thanks so much!

Aloha TIKI Tribe! -
LAST WEEK TO SEE DA" (~sold out~) SHOW!

www.americantowns.com/.../manhattanbeach/.../brad-tiki-shark-parker-ocean -dreams-manhattan-beach-creative-arts-center-1505565 - Cached

The show is up till October 14th, Thursday.
Gawk at da' art till then - afterward it'll be ...GONE FOREVER!
Motor on down to Manhattan Beach and check it out! (free parking!)

Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center
1560 Manhattan Beach Blvd. 90266
(310) 802-5440

Big aloha
Brad~

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-10 11:00 pm   Permalink

Aloha TIKI Tribe! -
LAST 4 days TO SEE DA" (~sold out~) SHOW!

www.americantowns.com/.../manhattanbeach/.../brad-tiki-shark-parker-ocean -dreams-Manhattan-beach-creative-arts-center-1505565 - Cached

The show is hanging till Thursday - October 14th.
LAST CHANCE 2 Eye-Bally da' art - afterward it'll be ...GONE FOREVER!
Hidden away in private collections in basement tiki bars, bedecking backyard Tiki Lounges, and dark secret art collections hidden behind sliding book cases in Dr. Frankenfurter's mansion of sex and depravity... and like dat! (hey, could happen!)
So.....
Motor on down to Manhattan Beach and check it out!
(that's the Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center where there's always free parking!)

Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center
1560 Manhattan Beach Blvd. 90266
(310) 802-5440

Big aloha
Brad~

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-12 8:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe~
O N L Y 3 (Three) days left to see da' show!

When the art comes down, and gets wrapped up, and gets shipped off... forever and ever.... some of the art is going all the way to some swank pad in France!!

(hmmm... maybe I can go visit it some day...)

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-13 4:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Last Day!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation