FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Orange County mini-crawl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Orange County mini-crawl
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-07-04 9:09 pm   Permalink

Hey All!

Ben said the bus is $49 per hour with 5 hour minimum. $100 more if you want to (need to) drink on the bus to cover the clean up (hey! come on Mr. Bus Dude, we can clean up our own vomit!). Mr Bus Driver sir picks up the greenbacks when we load the bus-o.

Next bit 'O data needed will be the time to meet at Ben's shop along with the address of said shop for the unknowing.

Kudos to the Ben-miester for offering to let us check into the Bamboo Inn to sleep things off (we'll keep the light(rum) on for ya!).

This will be more low key, less of a rush than the Oasis, but hey, sometimes things happen in small batches.

Anyway, I remember once when I was at Disneyland ...

Later

Tiki Bong

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-05 12:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben,

Tiki medallions sound cool! Great idea!

Also, I have exotica tunes on CD -- Mondo Exotica, Marin Denny, Arthur Lyman, etc. I'll bring 'em along with a small travel bar that I picked up for just such an occasion!

Don't know if we will need to drink on the bus, especially if Mr. Bus Driver charges an extra "C note" but we'll bring it and we can decide before boarding.

This should be a blast! Looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Arty

"The wheels on the bus go round and round..."

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2002-07-05 12:56 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-05 1:57 pm   Permalink

I'm burning some of my rare Exotica & other cool vinyl onto CD, and I'll bring my portable player too... I've got some interesting stuff you can't get on CD...!

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-05 11:10 pm   Permalink

Aloohas,
Parking is a night-mare at my shop so I suggest you's all park next door behind Wallgreens. When we get back you can move your cars into the lot if you's want.All the freaks will be gone by then. I have "parking wars" all the time with the other tenants. You'll unsderstand when you come Friday. Otherwise, everything is cool. For those of you's who don't know where the store is, we're just behind the Karate studio on Yorktown Ave., that's West, just behind Wallgreens on the corner of Yorktown and Beach Blvd. . 712 Yorktown Ave. HB, 92648. A couple of miles north the beach and a couple of miles south the 405 frwy. For those of you who get there early, go to #7 which is on the other side from the store 3 doors down. That's the workshop. Next to the Auto MD (who looks like a strung out Gilligan, his nick name is Gilligan and is a blind auto mechanic with raughted teeth! Yikes!) Roy is in the front(West Coast Street Rods) we nicknamed him "Fuck" cause he's always yelling "fuck!" But, he's really cool. And, then there's Fati the Palistinian who runs the state smog check. The FBI investigated him 2 days after 911. They left laughing. Funny dude! Watch out for the drunks at Beach Collision. They start drinking as soon as they open 8am and are faced by the end of the day 5pm. That's a little taste of the complex. What time are we leaving anyway?
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-06 07:51 am   Permalink

Count me in for this gala affair. Momma Trustar will be out of commission for that weekend but she gave me the big "go-ahead" to go solo. What a trusting soul. That or she just wanted me out of her hair. Also I am one of those non-drinking Tiki freaks so I will be able to keep an eye on the bus driver. You know how they can get when your not paying attention.

See you all Friday night.
Paul
"Trustar"

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-08 12:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-05 23:10, bamboo ben wrote:
Aloohas,

What time are we leaving anyway?

How about if we meet at Ben's at 7:00 pm and have the bus depart at 7:30 pm? If we go 6 hours then that would give us until 1:30 am
-- plenty of time for the tiki spirits to kick in!

T and I are headed for Rosarito tomorrow, and we'll be incommunicato for couple of days... so we'll defer to the rest group for the actual meeting time. We'll catch up with you all again on Big Wednesday.

Adios, amigos!

Uncle Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-08 5:38 pm   Permalink

Stentiki, hope you get this before you leave:

South of the Rosarito Beach Hotel, on the strip with all the garden statuary/pottery stores there is one guy that still makes Tikis from concrete. A lot of them have a pre-columbian touch (the Thor Heyerdahl theory reversed?), but I picked up a huge "cartoony" one (4 f) for $150.- They're so heavy, nobody can steal them out of your yard...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-09 10:42 pm   Permalink

Speaking of Rosarito, my neighborly auto fixer next door gave me a bunch of things that shoot into the sky (normaly used on the 4th) that I have a left over from the 4th that we could see when we get back from the crawllllll if were bored. China not Rosarito.

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-11 12:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-08 17:38, bigbrotiki wrote:
Stentiki, hope you get this before you leave:

South of the Rosarito Beach Hotel, on the strip with all the garden statuary/pottery stores there is one guy that still makes Tikis from concrete. A lot of them have a pre-columbian touch (the Thor Heyerdahl theory reversed?), but I picked up a huge "cartoony" one (4 f) for $150.- They're so heavy, nobody can steal them out of your yard...

Hey Big Bro,

Just back from Rosarito. I met this guy the last time we were there! It was great to see the tikiman at work -- he's a sweet old guy that my wife totally fell in love with! We picked up a stone and a wood cartoon style tikis about a month ago last time, and another small wood tiki this time. He's also carving a hawaiian style tiki for us that I will pick up again in couple of weeks.

There was another guy further south on the strip who had these huge stone alien looking type tikis that I really wanted but there was no way I could carry them or get them into my car! They were about 400 lbs. a piece! I'll have to take a van down there next time!!!

Looking forward to the crawl, and yes, I agree that we outta make a trip to Li's and utilize the bus as much as we can.

Aloha,

Arty

bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-11 10:51 pm   Permalink

the tiki medallions cam out like shit due to the fact that I cut my finger today. It's a throbbing, havf way thhrough the index finger and the finger nail. So, maybe I;ll bring them out after we get back. ouwch go to go.
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-Sunset(ish)
Sun. 11-4ish
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-07-11 11:11 pm   Permalink

Mrs. baxdog and myself cannot get to ben's early enough to ride the wild bus but if we drive to Sam's what do we do. Are we seeing the show? Do we have reservations?Are we going in to the bar? Tell please please please. I have not been to Sam's in 18 years.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. Bamboo

Posted: 2002-07-12 10:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
I imagine there are tears in all your eyes that I am not on the bus right now....yup, I sense it. I have tears too, so hang tight you'll feel better in the morning....HA, but not as good as I'll feel without a dozen Mai Tais swirling around my stomach and hammering my aching head....But, have no fear...I will be attending the APE show at Kosmos and my loving husband, Bamboo Ben, agreed (in trade for tonight) to be our DD...yaaaaaa baaaaby!
So, this being my first post on Tiki Central...Aloha to all and to all a good (and safe) night.
Mahalo, Mrs. Bamboo
PS If you are still crashed when I open the store at 10:00 am, you will be forced to hula for pennies on Yorktown Ave....I need "eye-catchers" every once in a while.

View Profile of Mrs. Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs. Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation