[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Norcal Benefit for Marie King
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Norcal Benefit for Marie King
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-13 12:30 pm   Permalink

Bummed that I am not out there yet for tonight's event but bouyed by the fact I will be out there in time for the benefit event down at Don's over Memorial Day weekend. Anybody else heading down for that who might have extra room in their vehicle?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 8:29 pm   Permalink

g

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 9:24 pm   Permalink

Have a Great event tonight everybody,
and thanks again for doing it,
I'm sure that Marie and JP are very moved by your generosity.

wish I could be there.
Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 07:20 am   Permalink

Forbidden Island was fantastic last night--then again when is it not--and the event was a success for sure.

The Marie cocktail was delish-tart and sweet at the same time....the bands were fantastic....the raffle was great (yay for me I won the Oasis 07 mug THANKS Otto!) and everyone was in a great mood coming together for a great cause.

Thanks to the organizers--Mike and the staff at Forbidden Island were gracious and fun hosts for the event--and I think quite a bit of money was raised by looking at the prices on some of the silent auction items.

Even though many people may have only met Marie a few times or in some cases not at all it was great to see so many people turn out on somewhat short notice to show their support last night.

I hope whatever the event raised helps alleviate some of the financial burdens of the situation.

Much love to JP and Marie from the Ohana up North!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 6:25 pm   Permalink

A huge MAHALO to all who attended the Marie King Benefit last night! We managed to raise well over $1,000 for our dear friend and had loads of fun in the process. The bands were awesome, the prizes were terrific and the aloha spirit was in full swing.
A HUGE shout-out to the those that donated their craft and time and made this happen. Aloha!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 6:34 pm   Permalink

That is awesome! You guys are the best!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-14 6:57 pm   Permalink

Fantasic Aloha spirit! You guys are Tops. Marie & Jonpaul keep on keepin' on, you are loved xo

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-14 7:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Suzanne for passing my card/donation on to JP & Marie. Sorry I couldn't make it last night....bet it was a blast. Luckily I was able to suck down 4 Monkeypods and some appetizers with friends on Tuesday.

Anyone got pictures of the event?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 8:23 pm   Permalink

That's great to hear Mike!

Vamp I know Bill (Mai Tai) had his camera going but I took 1 picture and went back to drinking so none from me.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 8:38 pm   Permalink

Fantastic,
great news, thanks Nor. Cal. Ohana.
also thanks to Mike and crew at FI, bands and artists who all donated time and effort to this.
you all rule!!!!

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-15 3:19 pm   Permalink

LOL Liz...that is why I don't drag a camera around.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2010-05-15 15:19 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 3:40 pm   Permalink

Vamp here is the one pic I took...pretty self absorbed aren't I? lol

I was enjoying the fabulous Marie cocktail and captured the moment!

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 10:37 am   Permalink

Here's some pics...better late than never heh? I'd forgotten my camera at the bar and just got 'round to downloading these.
Here ya go...

The raffle table - at the start of the event - more items were added throughout the night

The awesome silent auction items

Notch's amazing War Club

Marie's presence was felt throughout the bar

Jenny representing with her Don's Rum Barrel

MP and friend, Cheers to Marie!

The "bad boys", Kaimuki and Notch

(Beach party) Meshugga, sans rabbi outfits

Suzanne selling tickets

Once again, a fabulous time was had by all. A special thanks to our silent auction donaters, Jungle Trader, Munktiki, Tiki Kaimuki, Notch, Jason Portman, MP, Otto, Pdrake and of course, thanks to all who made the effort and raised money for our dear, beloved friend, Marie King. We love ya, baby!!

[ This Message was edited by: Molokai Mike 2010-05-18 10:39 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-18 2:03 pm   Permalink

Fabulous pictures...thanks for posting them Mike. Looks like you all had an awesome time. So kewl of all the artists to donate their gifts for the event. As always, Tiki Ohana rule!!!

Blessings to Marie.

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-18 9:54 pm   Permalink

Yes! Tiki ohana rule!!!! Good job Mike and everyone up north!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation