FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Iron tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Iron tiki
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-08 06:40 am   Permalink

Great looking MOAI, I'm Really liking this metal stuff and don't think I've seen Anyone else doing it quite like you do. I think it could turn out to be pretty popular so Stick with it and Keep pumping this stuff out.
Love it!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metalhead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-22 10:21 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone! We just finished our second recycled art show. Nobody jumped on our tikis, but we had a great show! Any advice? I saw on a page that Lake Surfer wrote that tikis are quite a niche. Everyone loved the work, don't get me wrong, but no buyers. The shows were quite an experience with lots of really good peeps. The other vendors were awesome and really helpful! Our works are definitely works of love and it's very hard to put a price on them, so maybe thats an issue If someone would pay my mortgage I would make metal tikis all day and just let them pile up in the corner or give them away for free. Anyway I did sell 2 pieces this summer! I'm pumped!!! Has any one had any experience with Etsy?

Anyway.....later!

T

View Profile of metalhead Send a personal message to metalhead      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-23 6:40 pm   Permalink

No advice brother Just keep pluggin away and get your name out there!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kountzyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-27 4:30 pm   Permalink

Great stuff!

Keep 'em coming!

I love the one guy's feet, - very animated.

View Profile of kountzyro Send a personal message to kountzyro      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
metalhead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-06 11:32 am   Permalink

Shows are over and we did pretty good. I'm finding that everyone loves the tiki's. However I would like to show them off in person to some true tiki lovers. Do you guys travel to shows often. I see ads at the top all the time and am always curious. I live way up here in Vancouver, WA. Not quite as far as Seeks. But if there are any show in the Pacific NW would some one shoot me a reply.

Thanks for looking,

metalhead

Here's some of the latest photos.

View Profile of metalhead Send a personal message to metalhead      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 4:48 pm   Permalink

Look like tiki trans formers
ROCK ON!!!!!!!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-07 12:09 am   Permalink

Great work mate!

You might find the hot rodders will be a good market to try and sell to. Check out vending options at some rod runs and on forums like the HAMB (Honkey Ass Message Board)
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-08 05:19 am   Permalink

More Excellent stuff Metalhead and I REALLY Love this last one. Your details are really getting tight and inventive. Gotta keep these guys coming...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Moai

Posted: 2010-08-11 1:18 pm   Permalink

Hey metalhead i dig it man. Here is a metal one i finished this morning. It has flamethrowers on its head, but have to wait til night to photograph it. It is made from a vintage bomb casing I dug up years ago. I am bringing it to TO 10 to deliver it to the guy that commissioned it. it was inspired by my recent war god mug score. "Fire" glaze = real fire! ha makes sense right?
the start

some layout

the eyes

some decoration

the grin

where the fire goes

more pics with fire soon!

View Profile of White Moai Send a personal message to White Moai  Email White Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 2:38 pm   Permalink

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Dude you have definitely become one of my all time favorite artists!

[ This Message was edited by: tikilizard 2010-08-12 11:19 ]

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Moai

Posted: 2010-08-12 07:11 am   Permalink

Good night for fire!

and almost fully opened up

View Profile of White Moai Send a personal message to White Moai  Email White Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
eric 21
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 07:16 am   Permalink

very good working !!!!super

View Profile of eric 21 Send a personal message to eric 21  Goto the website of eric 21     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 6:01 pm   Permalink

love it! I think you have it going on here. I like the detail in the head dress.
Makes it look like notches thing going down.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 6:33 pm   Permalink

I'm happy to see some metal work start showing up around here...it's not really carving, but hey, it's cool.

I apprenticed for some really fine Colorado blacksmiths for a few years back when I was in college (just a clean up boy really, but I did learn quite a bit). I may have to give this a go when I can find time to take a break from ceramics.

Would love to see some tapa style railing...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 12:06 am   Permalink

Excelent!!!!

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation