[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The next San Diego area Chop
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The next San Diego area Chop
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 5:32 pm   Permalink

So, when and where? I went to Hank's twisted chop this past Saturday, I'm already ready for another! And the sooner the better.
End of May, sometime in June, what weekend works for whom?
And where? I could host. Hank could be talked into the lagoon chop, I think. Babalu mentioned a maybe... Dave's Not Home was talking about a chop in San Clemente, since it's fairly midpoint between SD and LA. Let's just have a CHOP! Or more than one, that works, too.

I'll start, how's Memorial Day weekend?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-11 9:22 pm   Permalink

Im open for a making mess at my place.... just so you guys dont mind me working on the Tiki Room while you all chop.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-11 9:31 pm   Permalink

I always say I want to chop then always end up working Such is life at the hospital. I'm supposed to be off Memorial Day weekend and would LOVE to see Dereck's place.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fresnotiki

Posted: 2010-05-12 12:10 am   Permalink

Hey guys! I always see you setting up chops down in SD, Im down there quit a bit visiting my GF and would love to get together with a couple guys and carve!
Heres a pic of the TIKI I just finished last night, Hope you like!

View Profile of fresnotiki Send a personal message to fresnotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 1:11 pm   Permalink

Lets get chopping!! I have the later weeks in June open and Monkey is a stones throw for me...

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 1:21 pm   Permalink

I vote June 12th at the House of Buzz

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 1:28 pm   Permalink

That's Ink and Iron weekend so me, the toe, skinny dogs will all be knee deep in flat brim trucker hats and lowriders!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 7:25 pm   Permalink

Oh boy, choices! Monkeyman's, Buzzy's... can we do both???

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 9:17 pm   Permalink

First weekend in June is Caliente...

Second is Ink n Iron...

How about june 19 and 20th weekend 2 day chop? Kick off the summer right.

We've never had a two day chop before.
It would be harder for people to come up with all their lame excuses not to go if it were over two consecutive days.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 01:31 am   Permalink

I vote we do it on a day we all can make it.......and at the House of Buzz!!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 4:57 pm   Permalink

Buzzy, how many carvers can you fit in your livingroom? If we had a two day chop, would it be different groups each day so more can attend?

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 6:59 pm   Permalink

HAHA!!! I'll use the yard, man. Buzz, where did you get your dog? I want one just like it for my daughter.

Pick a date, yo!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 10:13 pm   Permalink

Well, my friend and neighbor Leo passed away recently, so I believe I can get back into the swing of making it to a chop, if you guys have room for the Bird again (as long as it's not threatening rain, my wipers still wont work when it rains, don't ask me why!).

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 7:49 pm   Permalink

count me in for one of those days if you all really can handle two days of chopping

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 8:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-18 16:57, 4WDtiki wrote:
Buzzy, how many carvers can you fit in your livingroom? If we had a two day chop, would it be different groups each day so more can attend?

we can move the couches out in the front yard and make a lounge area in the driveway, then we could reasonably fit three in the living room for carving.

I was going to model it after Tiki Oasis. If you're vending or in one of the bands, then you can have a wrist band good for both days. Otherwise, wristbands for Saturday will be available with a paid yard camping spot, or by mailorder through the
www.weekendchop.com website. Otherwise, Sunday is open to the public and no wrist band will be needed.

Quote:

On 2010-05-18 18:59, Billy the Crud wrote:
HAHA!!! I'll use the yard, man. Buzz, where did you get your dog? I want one just like it for my daughter.
Pick a date, yo!

I'm glad BillytheCrud wants to come because I needed someone to bring logs!

I got my dog down in the hood. 805 and Palm area...

Quote:

On 2010-05-19 19:49, Monkeyman wrote:
if you all really can handle two days of chopping

Nobody really chops longer than an hour or so, so they can probably handle it. All the eating and drinking: maybe not!

So June 19 AND 20? Let's see who wants to/can come on one or both days before we start a thread.

Buzzy Out!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation