FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Intoxica!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Intoxica!
blue.octopus
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-13 2:49 pm   Permalink

I'm still looking for the original Intoxica book to complete my set of the Bum's books. If anyone knows where I may still find a copy at under $100 could you please point me in the direction.

many thanks
Andrew

and yes I do have Remixed (I even have a spare)

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2010-05-13 3:39 pm   Permalink

I bought mine at Bosko's website but not there anymore...
I'll keep looking, I found this site that is selling them for over $500 bones.... No offense Berry but what are they crazy!!
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1638852350&tab=1&searchurl=isbn%3D0943151570

[ This Message was edited by: Beachbumz 2010-05-13 15:40 ]

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 4:49 pm   Permalink

That seems crazy. What is the Grog Log or even the original Grog Log (not spiral bound but 8 1/2 by 11) going for? Jeez are people really paying that kind of money out there?

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 8:50 pm   Permalink

Five hundred dollars? Heck, I think I'll photocopy mine, then put it in a safe deposit box!

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thomamas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-14 10:26 pm   Permalink

It's not worth $500 until someone actually pays it.

But all of the other spiral bounds are still available for about $10, and I just checked that I paid Amazon $8.76 for a new copy less than three years ago.

Was the Intoxica print run much smaller than the other books?

View Profile of thomamas Send a personal message to thomamas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 10:29 am   Permalink

I was going to buy it for $500, until I realized it was $500 and 98 cents.
I mean, that really insulted my intelligence.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 10:33 am   Permalink

I would be happy to sell my copy for $495.00 to ya Unga!

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2010-05-15 10:34 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 10:47 pm   Permalink

Try "Forbidden Planet" comic stores, I picked up multiple copies of "Taboo Table" and "Sippin Safari" in the discount section of the Glasgow store.

It's worth a try.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blue.octopus

Posted: 2010-05-19 11:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-18 22:47, atomictonytiki wrote:
Try "Forbidden Planet" comic stores, I picked up multiple copies of "Taboo Table" and "Sippin Safari" in the discount section of the Glasgow store.

It's worth a try.

thanks - will try that

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 06:45 am   Permalink

It's only $149.95 here.

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?binding=&mtype=&keyword=intoxica&hs.x=0&hs.y=0&hs=Submit

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 12:44 pm   Permalink

Ok so how much does this one go for?
To the left is the oldest book I think.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-31 09:58 am   Permalink

Looks like prices are indeed dropping.
Chapters.ca has an Intoxica! for only $419.09.

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-01 8:43 pm   Permalink

These prices are ... crazy. Just a few years back I got this three pack on ebay for $40 and change.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-01 9:06 pm   Permalink

I am no book seller, but these prices must be computer-calculated somehow, maybe by cross-referencing search hits to available copies or whatever. I don't think they reflect what anyone is actually paying. A while back I was looking for a very mundane home repair book for old windows, sort of self-published, with black & white illustrations. Though fairly recently published, it was out of print, and just because of that it had shot up from the 12.95 price to $250.-

I don't believe there is some antiquarian bookseller somewhere looking at a book like this and saying "oooh this is so rare I bet I can get 450.- bucks for this." This must be machine-made pricing --producing the result that the product will just sit there.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2010-06-01 21:09 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-01 10:30 pm   Permalink

Sorry Bigbrotiki, you're wrong wrong wrong and wrong. If anything the prices cited are below value. Intoxica! is well on its way to becoming the most valuable spiral bound paper back in existence.

With that in mind I would like to generously offer my copy of Intoxica for the absurdly low price of $870. Anyone who is interested can PM me. [EDIT: Price changed to reflect
current market prices. You snoozed, you losed.]

woofmutt

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2010-06-08 11:33 ]

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation