FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 06:46 am   Permalink

OK, this is an off the wall comment, but where did you find divided boxes to fit the mugs so perfectly?

13 re-fired mugs out of 50 is not bad at all, especially since you had to fire the kiln again anyway.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 08:40 am   Permalink

Hi Mike, I bet you can get all you would ever need at work. On the side they say Hospira. Dan found one ready to be broken down and snagged it. Then he asked an RN on the floor if she could save them for him. It took a year to get this many. He had exactly the number I needed for 50 mugs. He takes them flattened when we go to Oasis and on other tiki hunts. I have to give them back after this project. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 09:08 am   Permalink

Good job. Looking great. Now get your butt down here and help GROG glaze Bob Shot glasses!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 11:52 am   Permalink

This thread has been a lot of fun to follow.

The mugs are looking beautiful. I'm actually a big fan of the black Harvey's Sneaky Tiki mug with their nice abstract tiki, even though it's a little over-exposed (and thus under-rated, imo). Not to mention Luau 400. These Zombie/Coral mugs have a similar look, and it's fun to see the process. Nice job Wendy and Dan!

Now if we could only figure out some way to come to the crawl!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 2:21 pm   Permalink

Hi Randy, my thoughts exactly. Every mug will be different because I will hand paint every single one. It would be terrific if you could make one of the days, there are so many fun tiki homes in our area. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 4:07 pm   Permalink

The cold paint arrived. I'm still on schedule. A couple were leaking but not enough paint was lost to matter. Wendy

wendylovestikis

Posted: 2010-09-24 5:53 pm   Permalink

Dear Vamp,
I was devastated to learn you didn't approve of my tiki making attire.
I spent months putting that outfit together just for that occasion.
The t-shirt was Armani. The cutoffs Prada. Goes to show I just can't please everyone.

Dan

View Profile of wendylovestikis Send a personal message to wendylovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 6:43 pm   Permalink

Wow a real post from "Wendylovestikis" !!

You two are doing a fabulous job! I made some little tiki pendants that I'm testing glazes with. It gets crazy when you start to layer different colors and wipe colors off leaving the glaze only in the valleys and then put another color on top.

I can't believe how organized you are.

Toxic clay? I better get a dust mask.

Keep up the posts! Why the wax resist on the bottom? I just don't paint there, and if i do I wipe it clean with a sponge before firing.

Keep up the great work and posts! Wish I could be there for the Crawl.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-24 7:09 pm   Permalink

Then he figured out the spray gun and got it going.

LOOK OUT! SHE"S GOT A GUN!!!!!!
--and spays wery wunnerful mugs with it.
You guys have put together a great homage to sacramentality...
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 8:00 pm   Permalink

Great job on the mugs Wendy and Dan!
When I started making mugs it really
enlightened me about how much time and
energy goes into each mug. You guys
are doing everything right.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 8:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki Kaimuki, we will finally meet. We are coming to see you on Sunday.
Thanks guys for all the comments.

First time around I did it by the book. When you get experienced it's easier to
skip steps like the wax. It was good practice. I can't wait until I do layering that's why I'm doing so many glaze chips so fast.

That was Dan's very first post and now he will forever be Wendylovestikis. We both got it right.

Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-09-24 20:17 ]

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 9:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-24 17:53, wendylovestikis wrote:
Dear Vamp,
I was devastated to learn you didn't approve of my tiki making attire.
I spent months putting that outfit together just for that occasion.
The t-shirt was Armani. The cutoffs Prada. Goes to show I just can't please everyone.

Dan

Dearest Book-M-Danno,
OK...let's honestly evaluate that outfit:

Armani...really...I have the sneaking suspicion it is Arm and Eye, a cheap knock off!!!

Any Fashionista knows Prada can only be worn with accompanying Leopard Print Clutch and Stiletos...I am certainly not seeing any bag and those look like Crocs on your feet...the horror!!!

Here's hoping your next mug-holding event will be more stylish.

Cordially Yours, (Mr. Blackwell's Tiki Assistant)

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-24 9:50 pm   Permalink

How about a great big Tiki Central welcome for Wendylovestiki!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-09-25 02:58 am   Permalink

Hey Dan, wow, your first post! Good for you. I am screaming along at about 20. See you and Wendy on the crawl.

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wendylovestikis

Posted: 2010-09-25 07:37 am   Permalink

Vamp, I guess I'm just a fashionista wannabe.

Yep Mike, now I've created a monster, I type 1 word per hour.

WS See you soon, Dan

View Profile of wendylovestikis Send a personal message to wendylovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation