FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
Sacramento Capital Tiki Bar/Living Space Tour October 7th, 8th & 9th, 2011-Registration Full
Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 08:38 am   Permalink

Sorry I coulndt make the last 2 stops on the tour. Had to attend to some family matters, but we all had a ball, bought some good stuff at the Tiki Garage Sale and had our fill of tropical drinks and food. Will post up some pics later today.

View Profile of Choptop Send a personal message to Choptop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 10:38 am   Permalink

Post crawl Mahalos to all of our hosts for 2011!

This event couldn't never happen without all of you and for that I have been extremely grateful for the past six years.

Each of you as hosts opened up your homes, lives and collections to share with our tiki community and went well above and beyond with preparation of food, drinks and entertainment. You made your guests feel comfortable and welcome.

Nods of appreciation to all who co-hosted, to Lauren and his wife for their hospitality at Swanbergs and to the dancers who performed at the Alohacurrents home. For those who participated in the Tiki Garage sale and the Tiki White Elephant Exchange, again, Mahalo.

Not withstanding is my appreciation to Dan and Wendy Cevola for our event decanter. What a special couple we have here in our community taking hours of their time to help us recognize our Ohana and our hometown. They did an incredible job, whether you like Tiki Bob or not!

So, you know who you are as my friends and I appreciate you, nothing less than my respect.

But...

Unfortunately, not everything went as smoothly in years past. We had an incident at one stop where an item was discovered to have taken or misplaced; the host was uncomfortable about discovering this during their time slot and asked to have an announcement made to ask for the group gathered to leave. No one other than the host made this decision and it was acted upon by one of the host's friends to make the announcement. The missing item, in speaking with the host at the last stop Sunday night, has not been found.

I myself felt somewhat uncomfortable this crawl. There was what seemed to be a division and some friction between certain people which I have not experienced in the previous five crawls. Having people tell me "they can't understand why "_______" doesn't like you" seems to totally take away from the reason why this event was started to begin with, although I appreciate at least knowing who I can trust. I apologize if I have offended anyone, but I will not abide a bully or coward under any circumstances. Work out your issues or don't attend.

That being said, although bittersweet and with some reservation, I am bowing out from planning any further crawl activities in the future. I have appreciated the support and dedication of all of those who have participated in either hosting or attending these past six years, but this has gone to a level I never expected and I am sad it did. Hopefully, this can be brought back in line by whomever takes this over.

So my friends, I will see you later!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 11:19 am   Permalink

Tiki Central background checks for all future crawls.
Sorry to hear PTD. It was a good run though.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 11:22 am   Permalink

As I did Not attend this event and I don't know anymore of the situation then what you stated,I do know this from doing my own event.

Call them out publicly,

Ban the individual from the future events,as to not punish the group

Don't let someone BULLY anyone. If you noticed a problem then I am sure others did too.......

The line needs to be drawn. As I say with Tiki Caliente,"Its not the biggest,it's the best" and to make it that way I believe you have to tell some people they are not welcome.

Sorry for the Opinion,I just dropped by to check out the photos and check out that sweet Tiki Bob decanter again

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-10 11:24 am   Permalink

Well said Duane...different stories floating around, but hopefully lessons learned, moving on, celebrating good friends and our love of Tiki and sharing hospitality will continue to be our focus in the future. You have done a great job of organizing over the years, we have seen our Ohana grow and have been inspired by the generosity and talents of our group. Looking ahead to next year.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 11:45 am   Permalink

wow! I am sorry to hear this happened. As someone who knows about putting on parties at your home, it is unsettling that someone, who is considered a friend would do something like that. It ruins the hobby for the rest of thegroup. I hope the item turns up.

MY best to all involved.

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-10 11:58 am   Permalink

Woohoo! What an incredible outpouring of hospitality. Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who helped to put this event together and to all the Hosts & Hostess who opened up their homes to everyone. Everyone's Tiki Bars and Collections left us Speechless. The Hosts and Hostess were second to none. It was so nice to spend the weekend with old friends and making new friends too. Thank you again for everything. Pics coming soon....Once we get home.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 12:28 pm   Permalink

some pics...

swanbergs

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2011-10-10 12:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2011-10-10 13:42 ]

View Profile of Choptop Send a personal message to Choptop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 12:32 pm   Permalink

The Lava Lounge

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2011-10-10 13:45 ]

Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 12:36 pm   Permalink

Ruggers Reef and Tiki Garage Sale

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2011-10-10 13:48 ]

Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 12:38 pm   Permalink

Keno Kai

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2011-10-10 13:49 ]

Choptop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 12:40 pm   Permalink

The Jungle Room

[ This Message was edited by: Choptop 2011-10-10 13:50 ]

rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 1:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who participated this weekend. I hope you enjoyed yourselves whether crawling or hosting. Thanks to Duane for his efforts..again! Thanks also to Alan aka Choptop for handling the on-line registration and event badges.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cdtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-10 4:48 pm   Permalink

I'd like to send out a special thanks to all the hosts and attendees this weekend. Your hospitality and generosity truly embody the Aloha spirit. Thanks for going out of your way to make us feel welcome and WOW what an amazing collection of cool and unique homes. Mucho Mahalo's to you all. Bravo and well done.

Duane

View Profile of cdtiki Send a personal message to cdtiki  Email cdtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 5:10 pm   Permalink

Many thanks to the hosts and event organizers! This was our first home tiki crawl and although we didn't make it to everyone's home, that only reflects our lack of stamina and conditioning! We had an awesome time at the Mandarin and thoroughly enjoyed Rugger's Reef (me a little too much!) punch and hospitality, the garage sale and the Jungle Room on Sunday. Many thanks to Dan and Wendy (and Duane too, I read the bottom of the decanter!) for such an absolutely awesome decanter! Wow, pictures don't even do them justice! Dan and Wendy, thank you for your hospitality and for all of the added little treats and hugs!

It was soo very nice to meet all the real people behind the TC names, look forward to seeing you all again real soon!

Thanks so much to everyone!

Greg "Blue Kahuna"

Aloha and okole maluna!

The Blue Kahuna

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation