[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music New songs by Lucas Vigor
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New songs by Lucas Vigor
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 07:54 am   Permalink

I have updated my myspace profile to include three new songs:

1. Girl Talk w/night and day....this one debuted here on tiki central on KoopKooper's podcast a year ago...

2. Quiet Nights and Quiet stars

3. Triste

All bossa Nova. Thank you.

http://www.myspace.com/lucasvigor

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Tim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 8:14 pm   Permalink

Really nice Bossa Nova tunes Lucas.....Real smooooooth

View Profile of Tiki-Tim Send a personal message to Tiki-Tim  Email Tiki-Tim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 08:05 am   Permalink

Thank you, Sir! I am glad someone noticed!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-15 11:20 am   Permalink

I like it, very soothing and relaxing. When can we buy a CD?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 12:05 pm   Permalink

Eventually I am going to do a real CD...it's something I have always wanted to do, but it's going to take time and money (which I don't have right now).

I also want to do something really different from what everyone else is doing..I already have a big idea, but I don't want to say too much lest some other artists or bands beat me to the punch!

But with the many jazz and classical musicians I have worked with outside of Tiki Central (and using my real name, not "lucas Vigor") I am looking to something that would involve a lot of people...

All the songs on the myspace that I have posted were recorded with really substandard recording equiptment. I know that with access to pro software, there is much better stuff that I could be doing (and will do). Those songs on the myspace are very raw, all first takes of each track. I lacked the ability to punch in and correct mistakes, and being that it was NOT done on a computer, I also could not fix the kind of mistakes that makes other people's recordings seem so polished and perfect. (with pro-tools and other prgrams, you can easily fix pitch or timing problems) it is what it is, though. I stand by the fact that I played every single instrument on them, not just the bass.

It would be nice to also do some collaborations with some of the artists on tiki central that are basically on the same page as me musically (into lounge, latin, jazz, etc). They know who they are, of course. Perhaps one day they will take a closer listen to my stuff and change their minds about me. (Despite being on this forum for over 7 years, I have never been contacted by any of them. I guess there is some rumour out there, among them, that I am not a very good musician. But, I let my songs on the myspace address that.)

Meanwhile, the recording project I am doing right now is the Hula Girl's CD. THIS is going to be something very, very special. We have some guest artists that are going to suprise a lot of people! I actually can't wait for this to be done, and I am very happy with the progress we are making on it!

Here is me and Dominic Tucci doing background vocals last week:

"yer jus not tuned into the series of tubes yet, let it soak in".

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-05-15 12:29 ]

koopkooper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 8:48 pm   Permalink

Can't wait for the album man!! PM me if you want to toss around any ideas, happy to be a sounding board.KK

View Profile of koopkooper Send a personal message to koopkooper  Email koopkooper Goto the website of koopkooper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-16 11:12 am   Permalink

Smooooth is indeed the word !!

I had to go out for a proper gin martini after listening to those tracks.

Now if I can only figure out how to get them into my iPod.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-16 1:48 pm   Permalink

I have to admit, it looks like you're singin' your hearts out!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-16 2:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys! Your comments mean a LOT to me!

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-16 3:33 pm   Permalink

There's no Bobby Sherman influence in your music. What have you got against Bobby Sherman?

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-16 3:46 pm   Permalink

Bobby Sherman. That fucker! He and I have been enemies since before I can even remember...though I think it had something to do with my catch phrase, "Peace, Love and Lucas Vigor" (which he promptly stole and tried to pass off as his own!) Some people!

GROG

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:26 am   Permalink

You know, the bossa nova IS the dance of love. Unfortunately, either because of that, or despite that fact, it does receive a lot of blame.

Or at least that's what Eydie Gorme tell GROG.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-05-18 09:44 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:35 am   Permalink

lucas...
stick with music
and drop the comedy stuff
you're much better at it!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-16 15:46, lucas vigor wrote:
Bobby Sherman. That fucker! He and I have been enemies since before I can even remember...though I think it had something to do with my catch phrase, "Peace, Love and Lucas Vigor" (which he promptly stole and tried to pass off as his own!) Some people!

GROG thought him do good. GROG set Lucas up and him knock it out of park.
But you're right, him MUCH better at music.

P.S. Stop picking on GROG' fellow baldy, flame-hair!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-05-18 09:55 ]

Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-18 09:52 am   Permalink

Hey Lucas, isn't "Quiet Night and Quiet Stars" actually "Corcovado?"

I had to ask since "Corcovado" is one of my fav-o-rite tunes! When I have a chance, I look forward to segue-ing over and give these tunes a listen, L.V. (work computer will not let me access MySPace).

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: Vince Martini 2010-05-18 09:53 ]

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation