FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki WWII Tribute Wall.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
WWII Tribute Wall.
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-11 11:01 pm   Permalink

Bump

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-14 4:00 pm   Permalink

Found another "yearbook". This one's from the 58th Seabees battalion stationed on Vella Lavella with Pappy Boyington & The Black Sheep in WWII.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-15 06:11 am   Permalink

Awesome find BK. Those boys pull a hard duty during wartime. I am in the construction industry but can't imagine trying to do a job under fire which these folks have done countless times. I would turn and run if I saw one of these bad boys on the job site!!!

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-15 2:59 pm   Permalink

Damn, Trav. Is that from WWII?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-15 3:18 pm   Permalink

That's the military's new D-9 combat dozer. Here is a shot of a WWII era dozer with a boilerplate make over. Keep posting those good finds.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-15 5:33 pm   Permalink

I thought that looked too hi-tech.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-16 9:56 pm   Permalink

Picked up a couple of buddies to add to the wall.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-16 6:53 pm   Permalink

Found a nurse to take care of the boys, this week.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-19 05:22 am   Permalink

Great save Rick. Imagine all the stories those photos could tell if they could talk. That fine looking officer is a 2nd Lieutenant. The nurse corp motto was and is "Embrace the past - Engage the present - Envision the future". I'm sure she did all of those things and more in her day. Here is a clear shot of what the lapel pin looks like. Keep up the good work my friend.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-19 06:52 am   Permalink

Thanks, Trav. You know how much respect I have for that generation. What the heck were you doing awake at 5:22, by the way?

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2015-07-19 06:53 ]

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-19 09:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-19 06:52, Big Kahuna wrote:
Thanks, Trav. You know how much respect I have for that generation. What the heck were you doing awake at 5:22, by the way?

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2015-07-19 06:53 ]

Haha that's west coast time. It was 8:22AM here and I was on my patio enjoying a cup of coffee and watching the hummingbirds in the garden.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-19 5:11 pm   Permalink

Duh! You'd think after 8 years on TC, I'd know that!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation