FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Nokie Edwards of the Ventures, with Deke's Venturesmania, SF, Burbank, SD, Fri. Sat. Sun. 21,22,23,
Nokie Edwards of the Ventures, with Deke's Venturesmania, SF, Burbank, SD, Fri. Sat. Sun. 21,22,23,
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 10:28 pm   Permalink

Forwarding this message for Deke.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello gang--

Just thought I'd announce three exciting shows with NOKIE EDWARDS of the VENTURES, next weekend (MAY 21, 22, 23).

Nokie will be backed by VENTURESMANIA, the geeky Ventures tribute band formed by myself (Deke Dickerson), Garrett Immel (of the Ghastly Ones), Mel Bergman (of the Phantom Surfers), and Chris Sprague (Sprague Bros, Sugarballs & the 18-Wheelers, etc.). VENTURESMANIA play only vintage Mosrite guitars and basses. It's the closest thing to seeing the Ventures Live in japan 1965 that you can get!

Nokie and Venturesmania (along with my band, Deke Dickerson & the Ecco-Fonics) will be playing at these venues:

MAY 21: SAN FRANCISCO, CA @ the Rickshaw Stop (extra added attraction: Pollo Del Mar!)

MAY 22: BURBANK, CA @ Joe's Great American Bar & Grill

MAY 23: SAN DIEGO, CA @ The Casbah

You don't want to miss these shows--get your butt off the couch and come out and see the most influential guitarist of all time--NOKIE #*(&$ EDWARDS!!

Thanks, your friend,
Deke

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 12:42 am   Permalink

this sounds like a goodie

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-20 09:01 am   Permalink

Joe's in Burbank is right around the corner from my house, for cryin' out loud. See you Venturemaniacs there.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-22 5:02 pm   Permalink

tonight

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation