FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Creating Tiki ╗ ╗ Tiki Carving ╗ ╗ stolen tikis!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
stolen tikis!!!
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 08:11 am   Permalink

I did a search and noticed there wasn't a stolen tiki thread, so I guess I'm starting one.

This one was stolen from my yard yesterday! And they must have really wanted it because it was HEAVY man! It would have taken at least 2 dudes and a truck to get it.

Is there some sort of Brady curse that goes with stolen tikis???

Could someone photoshop his face onto a milk carton or something???

[ This Message was edited by: pjc5150 2010-05-21 08:11 ]

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-21 10:17 am   Permalink

Sorry for your loss.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 10:39 am   Permalink

At least you know that your tikis are desired! Sucks about them stealing it. Any tikis I put with public access are usually bolted, chained or cemented in place. That's why my house looks very generic in the front. Sad but true.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 12:02 pm   Permalink

The thieves will rot from the inside out like a neglected palm log.

That really sucks, to me that's completely goes against all that is Tiki.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 12:31 pm   Permalink

You know, I'm really not that upset about it. When I was young I did a lot of stupid things, and I think that everything that you put out there into the universe eventually comes back to you...whether it's tomorrow or in 30 years.

There were several other pieces out there that they could have snatched, and I only had about 2 1/2 hrs into that one, so it's really not a big deal. Just surprising, as there were still parts of it that were still quite rough and unfinished. If they'd waited another week they could have stolen a finished piece!

Kinda weird when I came home yesterday and it was gone. Oh well, it least it was a cheap lesson. Looks like I'll have to make a few tall ones with an extra 2 ft & putting 'em in the ground with a cement base if I want to have them in the front yard (which I do).

Maybe this should turn into a "how do you secure your outdoor tikis" thread!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-21 1:04 pm   Permalink

Jaja! It's kinda cool that sophisticated savages still steal tikis in the 21st century... It's just funny because tikis are the most useless thing ever. Sorry, I have a weakness for art thieves! I bet the pagan thieves threw a welcome party for their new deity.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 1:42 pm   Permalink

Dude that really sucks! All that work.. Maybe they will return it if you put some fliers out on telephone polls and at the front of some local businesses. Maybe add the no questions asked if returned. Sorry for your loss.

Facebook

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 2:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-21 13:04, Zeta wrote:
Jaja! It's kinda cool that sophisticated savages still steal tikis in the 21st century... It's just funny because tikis are the most useless thing ever. Sorry, I have a weakness for art thieves! I bet the pagan thieves threw a welcome party for their new deity.

Not to get all technical, but no "sophisticated" savage would ever steal a Tiki from it's location unless it was threatened in some way. Demolition or remodel or something like that. Just going back to the old Tiki Mantra or so called rules.

pjc5150 very sorry for the loss. Thieves are the worst.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-21 3:41 pm   Permalink

Hey, I'm sorry for your loss too but I think the tone of your thread is that "it's not so bad" I know thieves are the worst! I am just saying there's "evil sophisticated savages" too. I think it is faltering in a real way that your art get's stolen... I'm just sayin...

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-21 4:17 pm   Permalink

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 7:59 pm   Permalink

FUCK THAT!! GRAB A GUN AND GO DOOR TO DOOR!!
Let'm know just how crazy a guy with a chainsaw and a angle grinder with a torch to coterize the wounds, so you can keep carving!! Can be!!

a....... I mean "I am really sorry for your loss" . maybe u should post some missing dog fliers or something.. JK I Want to put my stuff out front too but with today s society you really never know?

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 11:49 pm   Permalink

Yeah, stealing a tiki from a CARVER, let alone someone who bought it is just BAD ju-ju, man. Bowana put it to the tune of being akin to someone stealing part of your soul. I was an obnoxious punker thief when I was a kid and I've gotten it ALL back.......so will they, my friend. So will they.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-22 2:11 pm   Permalink

You would be surprised what people will take. I had a four foot ku I started. I only got the legs and mouth done when I realized it had rot and beetles eating it. So I tossed it. Within an hour someone grabbed it from the trash!! There was almost no work done to it but they still took it!

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-24 10:39 am   Permalink

Mad dog! That rules bro! Thanks~

And Billy, yeah, me too. That's why I believe it's just Kharma man.

To everyone else, thanks for the support.

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-24 9:23 pm   Permalink

Dam that sucks. I have a few tikis in the ground outside I hope they stay that way.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation