FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Meheadhunters Village....Replica Survivor Immunity Necklace
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Meheadhunters Village....Replica Survivor Immunity Necklace
Baron von Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-23 01:41 am   Permalink

Really nice work. It DOES take some amount of skill to even copy something, so don't sell yourself short. Rod Serling once said that all writers start out as copies of other writers until they develop their own style. Serling referred to himself as a "cut-rate Hemingway" (or something to that effect) when starting out.

If you keep it up, you'll be selling your own designs in less than a year.

[ This Message was edited by: Baron von Tiki 2010-06-23 01:42 ]

View Profile of Baron von Tiki Send a personal message to Baron von Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-23 11:52 am   Permalink

you do great work meheadhunter......i love the finish you put on that first Marq.....i dont like colors on most pieces but i love the suttle tones on that piece with the satin finish. nice job man......

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-23 8:38 pm   Permalink

Baron von Tiki....I am pretty creative and artistic in other forms of media....but the whole carving thing is a little new to me! So inspiration from others is definately helpful. Check out my thread in other crafts if you havent already!! Thanks for the inspiring words!!

Creative Chimp...That was my first carve and first finish on a tiki...I am really happy with the way it turned out also...Thank you so much!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation