FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Gallery » » The Lurid Low-Brow "Tiki Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
The Lurid Low-Brow "Tiki Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-05-17 09:17 am   Permalink

I ran a contest and the prize was one of the Hana Hau magazines with your article. Off it went to the winner in Colorado.

This is such wonderful art that I'm really happy to see you posting here. We have been missing you on "other crafts". Those step by steps you share there are very much appreciated.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-04 09:15 am   Permalink

Wow.I really love how much depth you sunk into the Tiki Dragon piece with the high contrast colors. Wicked.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-04 09:34 am   Permalink

Wow.I really love how much depth you sunk into the Tiki Dragon piece with the high contrast colors. Wicked.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-13 02:17 am   Permalink

ALOHA
Tiki Tribe!
Seems the piece in Hawaiian Air Lines in-Flight mag aka "HANA HOU! Magazine" was significant & popular enough be re-printed in the very next "Japanese language issue" of "Hana Hou! Magazine"!
This is the superior version of the magazine, I think, as it's "Ad Free" format lets the articles lay out with-out being interrupted by ads!
Really an amazing magazine! Like an Art mag. Beautiful!
Here's the first pages:

The cover. Note the "TIKI" piece made the Cover verbage!

Left Page of 2 page spread.

2nd page of the 2 page spread.
Wow, that's cool to see "TIKI" in japanese kanji characters!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2016-10-13 02:36 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-13 02:19 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here's the next 2 page spread:

Tiki Cat full page. (sweet!)

Opposite page.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-13 02:21 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here's the next 2 page spread:

Me looking thoughtful at sunset on the lava …

Opposite page; "The secret Cove" full page. (wow-beautiful!)

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2016-10-13 02:33 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-13 02:32 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here's the next 2 page spread,

"The Moon of Manakoorah", & "Tiki of the Blue Pool".

Various sketches, and "Hawaiian Eye"

Yep. the whole article was done in uninterrupted double page spreads, with no ads to mess it up. this magazine is truly amazing. a In flight mag that seems like an Art Mag. Every piece is photographed beautifully, and really awesomely laid out. some of the best lay-Out design I've seen in any publication. Big BIG Mahalo to Hana Hou! Magazine, editor David Thompson, and photographer Jay Watson.
Really, with their amazing lay-out design, this magazine is right up there with ultimate eye Candy like "Rank & File Magazine", or "Hi•Fructose Magazine".

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-13 02:40 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Guess who gonna appear at Kustom Lane Gallery!?

Big Mahalo to the fine Folks there!

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-10-13 02:43 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Another "TAPA cloth" piece

"The Mano & The Wahine".

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-10-14 7:56 pm   Permalink

What a great surprise to find your posts. It was such fun to be on a plane at the right day to get an English version of your article. I asked for and brought back a stack to share. I even gave some to your friends at Mahalo Tiki.

Congratulations on this new version and having the talent to deserve it. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation