FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Gallery » » Brad
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Brad
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-11 2:48 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Tiki VS Godzilla
24" x 30'
acrylic on canvas

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GabeTaylor

Posted: 2012-08-11 5:43 pm   Permalink

This may be the first time I've ever rooted against Godzilla! (even when he fought with king kong)

View Profile of GabeTaylor Send a personal message to GabeTaylor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whoseyrtiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-08-13 03:07 am   Permalink

Wasn't able to make your show, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to swing by Wacko yesterday and take a look at your pieces still up in the hall. Your art and tiki are well suited together. Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of whoseyrtiki Send a personal message to whoseyrtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 04:15 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Thanks guys! I think Godzilla and the Tiki will knock each other round a bit, but call it a draw after a few Mai Tais... N' glad you got into to WACKO to see the the birthplace of the LOW BROW ART movement! Love dat place!

"Hawaiian Eye - Episode II"

"Hawaiian Eye - Episode II"

This painting was a commission, and I really threw everything I had into it, to make it better than the first one, which was a real favorite so I know I was gonna have to work darned hard. Quite a challenge, these commissions can be. I don't want to step backwards and just paint the same things, but make each one better and better... keep learning to become a better artist. Even my Agent was a bit concerned I was spending too much time on it, but the results were hard to argue with. A huge relief for me when it came out as it did!
MAhalo!
B tiki Shark P

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-18 04:27 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

HAve an art show this October , 2012. And These are the best flyers I think I've made yet... after several tries, I think I finally made one that came out darned nice - better than I thought it would. Could have been the printer, but maybe - I hope_ I'm learning a little more with each show.

It's heart breaking when you work real hard, and your ads or flyers come out ... oh, looking dull, or too dark, or with the incorrect dates or times... all kinds of things go wrong. But, these babies... I finally got 'em right! (Yipee!)

Happy Halloween Haunting!:
Here's the gallery info:
http://www.wylandbigisland.com/
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-15 6:08 pm   Permalink

aloha tiki tribe!
So...every year I enter the SPECTRUM art contest. I've been lucky enough to get 1 piece excepted in each year...this year I was once again smiled upon by the tiki gods and won entry into the big beautiful art book "SPECTRUM 19 The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art" ... but this year, I... finally... was reproduced not on a quarter of the page...but I got a whole darned page to my self! Whoo-Hoo!!! (HA! I say, HA HA! To all those glum types who sez "Tiki is a fad on the way out"? WHAT? This shure looks like the art scene of 2013/14 is sitting up and taking notice of TIKI!)

SPECTRUM 19 - the cover on the left, and on page 198 is ...

"Hawaiian Eye"
24" x 30"
acrylic on canvas

www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-12-15 18:12 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-15 11:23 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I went over to the gallery today and showed SPECTRUM 19 to Mark Hanna, the owner. I owe Mark for all his Aloha and Support he's given me, plus showcasing my art in his gallery - a gallery really not known for showing "tiki-Art" or "Outsider Art" or "Low-Brow Art" ... it's the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery and it's known for showing the art of Wyland, (dolphins, & Whales & Sea Turtles, and like that, and Wyland's amazing bronze sculptures of the same creatures), plus, the gallery shows some other artists who paint landscapes and seascapes and, very well done, but very "safe", middle-of-the-road, paintings that would appeal to tourists. And offend no one.

Then, one day, Abbas set up a meeting with me and Abbas & Mark. I always recall, after I did my dog & pony show and showed my art, and said things about "Tiki.-Culture" ... Mark got a mischievous look on his face after a while, and he smiled, and said; "Sure, I can show that!"

Here's me & the Spectrum 19 book, and Mark, and a limited edition of "Hawaiian Eye".

Here's where you can still get hard cover versions of the art book:
http://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-19-Best-Contemporary-Fantastic/dp/1599290642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355736607&sr=8-1&keywords=spectrum+19+hardcover

Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612
Email – Jillw@WylandBigIsland.com

Big Aloha, and Thanks!
B~

http://www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-28 12:45 ]

ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-24 2:44 pm   Permalink

Hey Brad, will you ever sell prints of "Tiki vs Godzilla" or "Hawaii-ween"?? I'd buy both.

[ This Message was edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-24 14:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-27 23:33 ]

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
honrbl1

Posted: 2013-01-31 2:05 pm   Permalink

wow, what a talent. i enjoyed viewing and being completely mesmorizedby all of your fantastic work, may the big Tiki bestoe you with wealth and health always ,your creativity is over the top!!.....Phil - Tiki carver,San Carlos Pk. Fla

View Profile of honrbl1 Send a personal message to honrbl1  Email honrbl1 Goto the website of honrbl1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 4:51 pm   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Thanks!
Heres some current work - pencil studies for tiki mugs to come out mid 2013.

Body Glove Tiki Mug

Body Glove Tiki Mug view 2

Body Glove Sea Creature tiki mug

Body Glove Sea Creature view 2

SHARK-TIKI tiki mug

SHARK-TIKI tiki mug view 2
These are all based on a tiki-art painting I did that was inspired by a short surf/monster movie from Greg Browning and Body Glove Entertainment. Here's a link to the film:
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/
Greg Browning, the big green guy, and me.

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 4:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-24 14:44, ToddVegas wrote:
Hey Brad, will you ever sell prints of "Tiki vs Godzilla" or "Hawaii-ween"?? I'd buy both.

[ This Message was edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-24 14:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-27 23:33 ]

YES! All my work is for sale as high quality prints. Paper or canvas. Personal message me to ask.

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-03 04:08 am   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE

Original pencil on paper drawing in a sketch book.

Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-03 05:28 am   Permalink

This guy is siiicckkk. Right out of the worst neighborhood on Kong Island. I'm in love.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 10:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

The Body Glove Sea Creature
24" x 30"
Acrylic on canvas

Detail

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 6:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

A few more brush strokes...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation