FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Gallery » » The Lurid Low-Brow "Tiki Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
The Lurid Low-Brow "Tiki Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-03-05 8:17 pm   Permalink

I wish I were more articulate but here goes again...WOW! Your work turned the car show into something really special.
My friends Mahalo Tiki are with you now on the Big Island. I like thinking of you all having a fun time together.

Carry on, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-18 1:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks Wendy!
The Event on the big Island was amazing fun… and so much work putting it together (whew!)

Color Study.
"The single image is best offered in isolation in all it's glory or stupidity."
~ Andy Warhol

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-08 12:51 am   Permalink

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Production Art for souvenir Tikis.

"Tiger Shark Surfing" on a Body Board.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-12 4:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here is the finished design for a "Tiki Toy" to bye produced by a Hawaiian Souvenir company: KC HAWAII.
There will be a series of these TIKI TOYS.
The idea is that you can spin the top, - the double sided tiki will spin until it stops on either the PONO (good) side or LOLO (Crazy side).
So like the old "8-Ball" toy, you can "tell your fortune" by given' the Tiki a spin… then the Tiki-Gods will intervene and make it stop on one side or the other!
( Well, you get the idea, I wanted a "tiki - toy" that would have a kooky feel like the mystical urban legend Tiki Magic I always thought was floating around Hawaii when I was a little kid)
…and taa-daa! ...you have a fortune told to you by the TIKI !

The Lucky Tiki

Pono or Lolo possibilities for your Luck!

The Color scheme…

I will post pics of the finished Toys when…
( ...if ?! Cause so many things can still go wrong in production of a toy, so ya' never know something will make it all the way to market until it really gets out in da' stores )
… and it's finished!

ALOHA!

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-13 02:25 am   Permalink

Aloha tiki Tribe!
Here's a google for ya…. wow.
Strange days… I never thought I would go onto a thing called the "inter-net" and find image after image of my tiki-art that I never put up there…. strange days….

https://www.google.com/search?q=body+glove+60th+anniversary+tiki+mugs&biw=1392&bih=1053&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CDAQsARqFQoTCK2V_K_W88cCFcUxiAod_J4P6A#imgrc=y7EAjFLg_eRlOM%3A

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-09-16 02:30 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-16 02:10 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I hand painted a Skate Deck that had a damaged print job during production. Instead to tossing a beautiful maple board away,
I re-painted it, loosely following the image that was on the board, and adding in an element or two.

I then took it to my printer to see if he could "Scan" it in for future Giclee Art Print production. Luckily, he could,
- he was as happy and surprised at how well it came out as I was. Here is the board, and the giclee Art print on paper.

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-26 10:11 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Had a gig come up to do a drawing of a local celerity for a special event.
They wanted swanky "art-prints " to sell & have him autograph, along with his cook-books, and other swag.
Sam asked me to do a nice ink drawing of "Iron Chef Sam Choy!"
He's so nice... I could not say "no".

Rough sketch:

Pencil study…
NOTE: Well, I am NOT a portrait Artist, that takes a special talent to get a
good likeness of someone, AND (very important) make them look nice (not like a scary-cartoon-monster)
So this pencil study is the lst of many pencil studies… like about 5 or 6, or like... 17 or…or 23 attempts.
What it was, WAS… I was up all night trying to get it to look like the beloved "Uncle Sam Choy",
Recognizable, but not in a scary-cartoon-monster-kinda' way.
Sam wouldn't mind,
( he's such a warm hearted guy, he'd just laugh )
No, but I'd get thrown off the island by all his ADORING fans for sure! So, I was "sweating bullets"
over this one pencil drawing…. (whew!) what a night!
Jeepers Creepers!

Ink Drawing - portrait of "Famous Local Chef Sam Choy."

"Tiki-Chef San Choy cookin' at Tiki-Island"

Of course I had to put in a the "Tiki-Culture tikis…everywhere. Like the whole island: every rock , incise it's lava tubes, it's
totally carved with Moai, some finished, some roughed out.. a strange, mystic, volcanically active, geologically unstable,
unpredictable currents, dangerous reefs, spawning waters for many spec ices of vicious fishes, with legends of buried treasured
inside it's ever-changing, always eroding-contours…... a "Coco-Island kinda' place!"
Not heard about the legend of the real life Coco Island?
It's weird!
Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Cocos-Island-treasure-pictorial-narrative/dp/9977540268

or:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sharks/island/legends.html

Larger than Life - Celebrity Chef Sam Choy!

Sam said an artist was going to do a piece of art of him
cooking over the volcano years ago, but, sadly, it never happened.

When I showed him my rough-sketch-idea for what I was going to try,
he was very pleased!

Finally he'd get his art-piece of him cooking' over Lava!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-09-26 22:23 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-11 10:50 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
It's October, and a low-budget horror flick my friend wrote and directed is coming out through RED-BOX on the 27th just in time for Halloween. I design the monster for his script, with out the Hollywood Union ( Local 790 ) Senior Production Artist Price Tag. (That's what I did for a living before I became A Tiki Artist) I tried to make it something their budget ( which was nothing) could afford to create. Here it is:

The film is called "TRACE".

This is the EVP "Demon".
I have not seen the film, and don't know how they were able to create it, but I hope you enjoy the peek at this first Concept Art of the monster.

Look for it Oct 27th 2015.
Mahalo!

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-11 10:56 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I'm working on this epic painting of the Night Marchers. What are the Night Marchers? They are a local Legend about a procession of ancient spirits that "march" across the Hawaiian islands at night.

This is a study for one of the Marchers.
I'm starting them as skeletons, and then "Tiki-Fy-ing" them from there. Yeas, that is a black cat. The Painting is called "A black Cat Crosses the
Path of the Night Marchers".

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation