FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery The Lurid Low-Brow "Tiki Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Lurid Low-Brow "Tiki Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-26 8:06 pm   Permalink

"Forbidden Island"
24" x 48"
Acrylic on Canvas

brad@tikishark.com
http://www.tikishark.com
"Forbidden Island" 24" x 48", acrylic on canvas. I painted this in the exact size ratio to be a wrap around for a CD case. Luckily, a while later, I was able to see that come true when the "The Crazed Mugs" used this art as the cover art for their Album "Find Forbidden Island". This piece also won entry into the art contest - "Spectrum 15: The Years Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art" in 2007. It' s since been reproduced in Tiki Magazine, my 2011 Calendar, and even the swanky French magazine "KUSTOM": it was used in a special 16 page booklet about my art that was made to look like a vintage comic book "Tales from the Tiki Lounge" & came poly-bagged with their Hawaiian Issue. "Forbidden Island" is a double page fold out. Inspiration for the painting came from the film "Forbidden Planet". The painting has various things in it relating to the story in that classic Sci-Fi Movie. The painting sold long ago, but "Forbidden Island" is now for sale as full sized giclees on canvas, and 16" x 20" giclees on paper. You can purchase them through www.Mahalotiki.com or www.wylandbigisland.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-15 03:29 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation