[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Tiki Québec
Tiki Québec
TIKIQUÉBEC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-29 11:59 am   Permalink

Aloha Everyone

This subject have been discussed a little, but there is more stuff to add. Put here all the things you have from Québec, (Céramique de Beauce, Discs, Kon tiki, Marie-Antoinette...)

I begin by a disc of a Québec crooner, Michel Louvain. The photo was taken a the Kon tiki.

Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: TIKIQUÉBEC 2010-05-29 12:00 ]

View Profile of TIKIQUÉBEC Send a personal message to TIKIQUÉBEC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-30 07:30 am   Permalink

Very nice cover. Never heard of this LP.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIQUÉBEC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-30 1:15 pm   Permalink

Hello!

A classic... The Moai mug of Céramique de Beauce numbered 1952 and poduced in 1965.

Bye!

View Profile of TIKIQUÉBEC Send a personal message to TIKIQUÉBEC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIQUÉBEC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-12 08:19 am   Permalink

Aloha!

For those who remember, I posted a message about about the Tahiti chain in Marie-Antoinette restaurants in Québec with picture of swizzles.

Well, I found another one, but he is different.

I am shure that it was used in Québec tiki bar or restaurant, because the André Boivin company was little and there many more companies that could have produced a swizzle for the Tonga Lei in USA.

Does anyone have ever heard about a Tonga Lei in Québec?

Bye,
Tiki Québec

[ This Message was edited by: TIKIQUÉBEC 2012-01-12 08:28 ]

TIKIQUÉBEC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-19 09:27 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone,

Just wanted to present my new finds concerning the pop-polynesian trend in Québec!

Motel Cardin, in Drummondville, Québec. This place was shut down recently. There is now an hardware store on the site... (777 Boulevard Saint-Joseph, Drummondville, Québec)

I can see two Witco? statues, a rock wall and an outrigger canoe.

Here is a better view of the place:

Now, Motel Lido, in Montréal, Québec (5905 Boulevard Métropolitain Est)

This place looked very cool. The motel is still in operation, but I don't know if they have a polynesian bar. According to style of the new establishement, I think that they decided to change the decor.

Close look:

Here we go with two vintage matchcovers from the Marie-Antoinette chain:

I think that they are pretty rare to find in California !

What is strange is that they used the same logo as Le Mon-Tiki in Mont-Laurier, Québec.

A postcard from the rock wall:

Le Mon-Tiki was a really cool place. It was a club attached to a restaurant called Salle à manger Tropicana

Mont-Laurier is located in the Laurentides region of Québec, a place where two other tiki locations of Québec are still in operation.

Le Luau in Sainte-Adèle:

Aloha in Saint-Jérôme:

Bye,

TikiQuébec

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation