FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Should I drink this antique rum?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Should I drink this antique rum?
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-15 08:32 am   Permalink

Are you planning on drinking the contents? If not, and you're just curious about the bottles, then why not start a new thread about miniatures? It makes it much easier for people to find relevant topics if there's a thread for it—the goal is just to not clutter up the forum with threads on existing topics. Otherwise, we might as well put everything in one giant thread labeled "tiki."

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-15 08:36 am   Permalink

On 2014-07-15 08:32, TikiTacky wrote:
Otherwise, we might as well put everything in one giant thread labeled "tiki."

I recall making that tongue-in-cheek suggestion here somewhere last week or the week before.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-15 10:52 am   Permalink

If I could have, I would have hit "Like" on that post until my fingers bled.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-15 2:24 pm   Permalink

"the goal is just to not clutter up the forum with threads on existing topics."

"The pot calling the kettle black"
Interpretations and origins[edit]
As generally understood, the person accusing (the "pot") is understood to share some quality with the target of their accusation (the "kettle"). The pot is mocking the kettle for a little soot when the pot itself is thoroughly covered in it.

Oh and drink it, may not taste great but won't kill ya.
Did find an old bottle of 151 Lemon Hart from the 60s, it did not taste that good, so it's a crap shoot.
Got this from Bob Karst one of the first Kahiki bartenders, Ya GOT to try it though, right?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-16 03:51 am   Permalink

Well put tikiskip.

I won't be drinking any of these, i bought them just for show. After doing a google search provided by howlinowl in the Collecting Tiki thread it seems the Chartreuse bottle is pre 1970's which is pretty cool. And i like that Lemon Hart bottle you have.

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2014-07-16 05:48 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-16 05:23 am   Permalink

And those are all full size bottles.
I should add I would not try ones with floaters or that looked funky.
Plus Chartreuse is composed of distilled alcohol aged with 130 herbs, plants and flowers.
Would stay away from drinking booze with lots o plant and or fruit type stuff in it.
Again won’t kill ya but the fruit, plants goes bad and gets funky quickly.
I know cane sugar is a plant and in lots o rums.

BUT on the big bottles I empty those and use them I my bar with new fresh booze as
They look way cooler than new ones.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation