FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga down?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Ooga-Mooga down?
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-08 5:05 pm   Permalink

I heard from Humuhumu that there was a hacking on the server that happened on Sunday. However, although it's going to be a pain in the butt to get up and running again, she assures me that they did not access the database. Also, nobody's credit card info is on the server since it's all done through Paypal. This is not a catastrophe, just a roadblock. Please be patient and she will get things unraveled and back up and running as soon as she can.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-08 8:18 pm   Permalink

Tom,

Thanks for the update, it is nice to know what happend and that Humuhumu is working on it.

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-09 2:42 pm   Permalink

Looks like oogo-mooga and critiki are both up and running now.

aloha.

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 4:13 pm   Permalink

Yep, looks like they are back up. Ooga Mooga appears to be working fine, but about 10 of the "Latest Edition" templates have the pictures missing and just blue boxes in their place. Worse, it appears these pictures are actually missing from the collections of the users. This is not bad, considering what the damage could have been. Maybe Humu will be able to recover those few images, however, if you have a chance, please re-upload the images if they are in your collection. Thanks!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-13 10:31 pm   Permalink

Okay, the missing pics from the following templates aren't coming back it doesn't look like, so if you have mugs in any of these, then please re-post your pics when you get a chance:

I'm posting them here because the "Latest Additions" category is about to turn over for the week and then you won't be able to see them all at a glance.

MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-13 11:49 pm   Permalink

Tom,

Do the OM message and wish-list match notification emails work for you? (They never have for me, but I'm new to OM.)

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-14 01:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-10-13 23:49, MikeyTiki wrote:
Tom,

Do the OM message and wish-list match notification emails work for you? (They never have for me, but I'm new to OM.)

As far as I know, those functions are working fine, but I haven't sent any messages through OM recently or had any wish matches crop up. I'll check on it, though.

ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-19 09:51 am   Permalink

Ooga-Mooga appears to be down again, and the email address in the error message (below) bounces back; anyone know who to contact?
--
Software error:
User oogamoogaweb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections at /home/humuhumu/ooga-mooga.com/perl-bin/DBConnector.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at latest.cgi line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at latest.cgi line 19.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@ooga-mooga.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-19 11:15 am   Permalink

works fine for me.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ebtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-19 12:03 pm   Permalink

Still down for me ...

View Profile of ebtiki Send a personal message to ebtiki  Email ebtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-19 12:21 pm   Permalink

It was down earlier for me, but now appears to be back up and running.

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-19 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-01-19 09:51, ebtiki wrote:
Ooga-Mooga appears to be down again, and the email address in the error message (below) bounces back; anyone know who to contact?
--
Software error:
User oogamoogaweb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections at /home/humuhumu/ooga-mooga.com/perl-bin/DBConnector.pm line 48.
Compilation failed in require at latest.cgi line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at latest.cgi line 19.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@ooga-mooga.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Looks like too many people using it at once or possibly some sort of adverse action overwhelming the site.

My site gets this sometimes just because I'm on a basic server and it has limited resources. I hope to move to a better server this year if I can get at least one paying customer. $100 a year and no more issues. Probably not the case with Humuhumu's sites, but maybe.

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the book

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-01-20 12:13 pm   Permalink

Swanky is correct. The site sometimes gets maxed out with users.

The bit about "compilation aborted" means that not only were there too many users at once but that I (the admin) was trying to update or build a template and it wouldn't upload or go through (because of too many users at once).

Things eventually course correct and I go back and re-attempt my updates.

Usually traffic is bad in the early evening from 6-7 and later evening from 10-12.

Never encountered a problem at 3AM...

Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-24 5:49 pm   Permalink

I keep getting a message saying Ooga Mooga has been hacked and it is hazardous to enter and none of my browsers will allow me access. Sat. March 24.

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-24 7:05 pm   Permalink

You're not the only one. That issue was addressed over on FB and Humu said it had something to do with WORDPRESS and the blog, which she has now removed, although she had to contact Google about it and then they had to do something which would take a little time.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle Goto the website of swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation