Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki show us your derek
show us your derek
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 11:13 am   Permalink

I grew up with Derek, so I am a big supporter and promoter of his work.

Note to Derek: Jeannie (TikiJ...I think) and I are going to insist you come back home for the inaugural party of Iki Pohaku's Society of Tiki Soiree. We don't have a set date, but go ahead and save the date, DADDY-O!

Anyway, here are some of the few items by Derek that have made their way into my own collection. Mine is a new collection, so some of you have probably amassed far more than I! Nonetheless, giving the local boy mad props!!!

Derek's Moai Munchkins are my absolute favorites! I wish he made a bigger version of these.

MUGS:

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 11:15 am   Permalink

The small mugs in the 4th picture are from Big Ol Tiki Bash 2007. I neglected to post a pic of the backside of this mug.

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 11:18 am   Permalink

I need to add to my Derek print collection. Soon...

Prints:

kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 11:43 am   Permalink

"tiki three" from the tiki art two show 2005

"rummy mcboozer goes hawaiian" from dva gallery's anniversary tiki party 2006

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2010-06-05 11:53 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 12:57 pm   Permalink

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-05 12:57, phinz wrote:

Phinz - What's the story on this piece?

phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-05 8:50 pm   Permalink

Derek hand painted them. I wound up buying it from him at Dragon*Con last year. He had a couple of different designs, but this was the one I liked the most.

traderscotts.com

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-06 02:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-05 20:50, phinz wrote:
Derek hand painted them. I wound up buying it from him at Dragon*Con last year. He had a couple of different designs, but this was the one I liked the most.

I think that ranks right up there with the most collectible of Derek pieces. I really dig that mug!!!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation