FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Rincon Room Party-Adventures In Paradise - Sept -4th - 2010 - Update Page 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Rincon Room Party-Adventures In Paradise - Sept -4th - 2010 - Update Page 4
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 12:20 pm   Permalink

Jim/Ron I must have a pendant! We will be there of course just laying low in bed all week sick, this sucks!!!!!!!! But I have the party to look forward to.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 12:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-03 00:42, Polynesiac wrote:
Event pendant based on the figurehead:

Limited run @ $10 a piece, available only at the magnificient Rincon Room. ALL proceeds go to help pay for the party!

See you there!

Awesome job on the pendant Polynesiac...but then again everything you create is
pretty much the bomb !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-03 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-03 08:03, bongofury wrote:

Guest Bartenders...

The Whale Rider-Daytonas
Hiphipahula-Shaka Hula Bossa Nova
Kick_the_Reverb-Reverb Crash

I will be serving-Drifters Reef
Also there will be a vessel filled with Chief Lapu Lapu...self serve

I will will bringing "Exotique" instead as quite a few had the chance to taste "Shaka Hula" at Caliente. Hopefully a taste of something extra to round it out a bit.

For the Rincon Room, Representing & Sponsored by Kelly "HipHiPaHulA!" Reilly

"Tonga Time" Friday -Saturday & "Exotica Sunday" Featuring, DJ Marty Lush of the "Tikiyaki Orchestra" 4-8pm.
Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.91606

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-09-03 14:06 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 1:51 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a great time. Sorry I'll miss it. Some of us NorCal folks are gathering tomorrow as well. It will be one large CA Tiki party.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 5:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-09-03 10:52, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
I will be there! And I will bring some edible aloha!

Any chance you have some leftovers of the drink you made (and I missed...) with the poi?

Just enough for one person (me)?

I'll keep it on the DL, I promise...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 7:41 pm   Permalink

Unable to attend but must have pendant!

AIP fan since childhod. If you give a "payable to" name and mailing address, 'will mail cheque + mailing etc costs, tomorrow. Thank you

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-03 7:45 pm   Permalink

What time are you going to be at the party, Dr. Z? I could be persuaded to whip up a special batch for you. Wink back at ya.

Quote:

On 2010-09-03 17:34, Doctor Z wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-09-03 10:52, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
I will be there! And I will bring some edible aloha!

Any chance you have some leftovers of the drink you made (and I missed...) with the poi?

Just enough for one person (me)?

I'll keep it on the DL, I promise...

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-04 11:29 am   Permalink

Unfortunately, Sherriyaki's got the fever...

Sadly, this isn't the cure...

Sorry we're gonna miss the party, but she has to become less hotheaded.
Please take and post pics so we can pretend we were there.

Thank you!
TT & S

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 11:38 am   Permalink

Tom Give her,her snuggy kiss her forehead and get your ass to the party... I have regretted missing this party for the past few years...
We are heading out in a few gonna cruise around a bit and probly get there by show time... see yal soon!!

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-04 12:27 pm   Permalink

Hi kids - is there room for two last minute additions? We'll bring something yummy! Thanks!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-04 1:13 pm   Permalink

Waiitng for egg rolls to get done, then I'm on my way !

I'll probably be wreaking of cooking oil when I get there, so deal with it !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-04 2:33 pm   Permalink

Sorry Sherriyaki is not feeling well...please come up for a visit and cocktails another time. Mr. Wickedly and any other TCers are welcome. I will Pm the address. I will check back here in an hour then.....snooze ya loose. See ya all here!

Alohas

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-05 07:34 am   Permalink

Here is the previously unpublished, unknown, and even uncreated poster until the morning of the event. 8x10 posters were available at the event for free or a donation for the party supplies.

You can also order a print of the poster from Snapfish for $2.99 if you didn't pick one up at the event.
http://www5.snapfish.com/flickrus/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2024251028/a=2683794028_2683794028/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=flickrus/

This was an awesome night! Great setting and awesome people! Thanks all who were so nice to our new puppy, "The Captain" He cleaned up all spilled drinks, licked toes, and had the wiggles when listening to Glasgow Tiki Shakers! Thanks for all those great sweets, Murph had a gnarly cheesecake, Sparkle Gem had a light and fluffy cupcake that nearly floated off my plate. Tobunga had Adventure in Paradise cookies! Someone made chocolate covered mint cupcakes... I'm making some today! Fudge with Velveeta, yeah, I'm serious! My vice is not cocktails, but these tropical sweets from exotic lands! Thanks everyone and especially thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Bongofury for being great hosts, even under fire from our local law enforcement. The deputies wanted to stay and party, and loved the setting! That was priceless seeing them walk in all wide eyed and smiling!

Live like a Beachcomber! www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-05 09:04 am   Permalink

Mr. & Mrs. Bongofury,

Thanks so much for hosting the Adventures in Paradise get together. Great party, great food, great drinks, great music, great people.....

A few random photos of the Rincon Room

We had a really fun time.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-05 09:53 am   Permalink

Mucho Mahalos to Mr. and Mrs Bongofury for a wonderful evening! The Rincon Room is tropical eye candy!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation