Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Retro Magazine Covers and Articles thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The Retro Magazine Covers and Articles thread
Trader Tom

Posted: 2011-03-12 5:48 pm   Permalink

Martian-Tiki, those Jaguars do get around.

Jungle Ginger, I agree that the "Hitler's Global Nympho Brigade" article is definitely NOT TIKI but the cover art for "The Yank Who Became a Fertility God" was what I thought was interesting.

Khan Tiki Man, I'll definitely check out your magazine collection. Great Dennis the Menace comic pics! Maybe we should keep things divided up for future searches by keeping the comic stuff in this thread, though:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25838&forum=1&start=30&hilite=tikis%20in%20comics

It's easy to get the pulp fiction paperback covers, pulp magazine covers, and comics art mixed up sometimes since it's all paper, but I'd like to see all three threads thriving instead of having to dig through one big one.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-12 7:35 pm   Permalink

Trader Tom, thanks for pointing out the comics thread. I hadn't seen that. I am going to scan some more and I will post there. Mahalo, Khan Tiki Mon.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-20 10:14 pm   Permalink

Admittedly the "fantastic adventures" poster may be influenced as much by the book of Genesis as it is by hula girl imagery.

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2011-04-20 01:57 am   Permalink

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 10:09 am   Permalink

Where can I subscribe to "South Sea Stories" magazine?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-04-20 4:42 pm   Permalink

More on ebay - wow these are expensive

SOUTH SEA STORIES #1 December 1939

Rebooted?

South Sea Stories #1 July 1960

The issue information for trader tom's post
SOUTH SEA STORIES #3 JAN 1961

View Profile of martian-tiki Send a personal message to martian-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-26 10:50 am   Permalink

A nice cover from "Sands of the Pacific".

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-26 11:05 am   Permalink

Wow, what eye candy! Great title, and I like the way she strikes her Dorothy Lamour pose while holding a knife in the other hand!
And then the previous post's title: " I saw 1 Million Girls for Sale!" Priceless! (well, actually, rather pricey..)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-26 11:44 am   Permalink

Dang, there were some downright imaginative and skilled pulp artists, back then!

Thought is, some might have previously painted girls and other nose art on the Flying Forts, Liberators, Mitchells, Marauders, Superforts...a decade earlier.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martian-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-27 10:04 pm   Permalink

Real
August 1965

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-03 7:32 pm   Permalink

Here is a beauty.

Stag - My life with New Guinea's Amazon Women.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 12:20 am   Permalink

My Dad saw this online, and thought I would like it,
I sent it to a few people, and was told its not old, but new.
But it's got an old vibe to it, so here it is.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation