FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs. MEXICAN TIKI EMBASSY
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs. MEXICAN TIKI EMBASSY
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-08 10:07 am   Permalink

As the ambassador for Tiki in Mexico, here I promise to promote and protect all things tiki (and other cool things in general) south of your border. Feel free to ask me your doubt about the country where I was born and current home.

Also, if you want to have an "amigo" please let me know, I think friends are a treasure.
Trades, business propositions, love advice, There's nothing I will not try to fix. If you are interested in selling your art in Mexico. Have an exhibit or sleep in my couch (restrictions may apply)

Thank you.

P.S. My birthday is on October 15

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2010-06-11 12:49 ]

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 1:03 pm   Permalink

Zeta, I can understand where you are coming from. When I first came to the United States, I didn't speak a word of English!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-09 1:10 pm   Permalink

Thank you Ambassador Zeta!
I have a few questions...
What area in Spain is the most Tiki?

What area in Mexico is the most Tiki?

Are there a lot of GAP stores in Mexico? Spain?

What's the annual numbers of heads lopped off in Mexico
as compared to Spain?

Why is Mexico's immigration Policy stricter than our own
and why do they demand America's loosening of our policies?

Thanks for the help!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 2:04 pm   Permalink

MadDogMike, thanks for your comments.
I think that when you travel, it is basic to get the "inside scoop" from a local. I really love my City and the place called Mexico. So, I will do anything I can to help others enjoy and understand it. Also, I want to fight back all the bad press on Mexico lately. (some deserved, some not) This is my small effort to dissipate unfounded fears and prejudices against Mexico and it's people. I H-A-T-E FAKE PATRIOTISM. But I LOVE good people and culture, and there's so much of that in Mexico that I feel I need to let anyone interested know that.

little lost tiki,

What area in Spain is the most Tiki?
Tribunal area in Madrid

What area in Mexico is the most Tiki?
Zona Rosa in Mexico D.F.

Are there a lot of GAP stores in Mexico? Spain?
Surprisingly not that many... we have our own ever present clothing emporium called Zara (they recently became the most powerful clothing brand in the world, making the GAP #2)

What's the annual numbers of heads lopped off in Mexico
as compared to Spain?
I don't know. Not many decapitations in Spain. But I do know that there would be a lot less heads lopped off if the U.S.A. didn't snort so much cocaine.

Why is Mexico's immigration Policy stricter than our own
and why do they demand America's loosening of our policies?
I don't know if this is a fact. I heard of it, but I don't know. I do know most of the people crossing to Mexico want to go all the way up to the U.S.
Also, hypocrisy and stupidity. But hey! Two wrongs don't make one good! I wish there where more opportunities in Mexico (too many transnationals and crooked politicians) so that people wouldn't have to leave in the first place, but I don't thing they deserve humiliation, death or both, after creating wealth and working hard to make a living... it is complex and I am not capable of giving a better answer.

P.S. I don't think the U.S. is the big devil or anything like it. The point of this thread is to approach not to separate. AND it was never meant for discussing politics (which I hate) but I said I would try to help with anything I can, so there.

I hope this helped, please come back soon.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-09 3:24 pm   Permalink

THANKS ZETA!
FEELING WARMER AND FUZZIER ALREADY!
What a great ambassador you are!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-09 4:17 pm   Permalink

[Picture of Star Trek Ambassador deleted in order to keep in compliance with Hakalugi's requirement that this thread remain focused on Zeta's original post. ¡Mil Disculpas! ]

"I think that when you travel, it is basic to get the "inside scoop" from a local. I really love my City and the place called Mexico. So, I will do anything I can to help others enjoy and understand it." -Zeta-

On 2010-06-10 09:24 Hakalugi wrote: If this thread can stay focused on the above statement, then the Tiki Travel forum is most appropriate. If it starts to morph back into another "Ask LLT Absolutely Anything" thread, then it's back to Bilge.

woofmutt

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2010-06-10 11:05 ]

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-09 4:35 pm   Permalink

Zeta, are you a native Spaniard who lives in Mexico, or are you a Mexican who used to live in Spain?

Do you report directly to Alfred E Newman? If so, what's he really like?

Who has the best sense of humor: U.S. Americans, Mexicans, or Europeans?

You post some great stuff which I know goes unacknowledged. I mirror Grog's attitude on this, I like to avoid one sentence back-slapping replies (over and over to the same person).

Multiply this by several hundred:

"Great post Zeta !! That was: a) Informative b) Funny and/or c) Bizarre (but entertaining)"

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-06-09 16:38 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 4:36 pm   Permalink

You are a great ambassador, keep up the good job. Do you have a more recent photo than this one?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 5:44 pm   Permalink

I thought yesterday was International Pick on Zeta day!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 10:19 pm   Permalink

What is the consensus...the green sauce or the red sauce...white or gold tequila...flour or corn tortillas?

Thanks in advance for being the ambassador...you are doing a great job!!! Usted es mui fabuloso...sorry for any bad spelling.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-09 11:46 pm   Permalink

Will there be a Zona Rosa Ohana tiki crawl in the near future?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 12:06 am   Permalink

["Welcome to Bilge!" comment deleted in order to keep in compliance with Hakalugi's requirement that this thread remain focused on Zeta's original post. ¡Mil Disculpas! ]

"I think that when you travel, it is basic to get the "inside scoop" from a local. I really love my City and the place called Mexico. So, I will do anything I can to help others enjoy and understand it." -Zeta-

On 2010-06-10 09:24 Hakalugi wrote: If this thread can stay focused on the above statement, then the Tiki Travel forum is most appropriate. If it starts to morph back into another "Ask LLT Absolutely Anything" thread, then it's back to Bilge.

[ This Message was edited by: woofmutt 2010-06-10 11:06 ]

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-10 07:22 am   Permalink

Deported to Bilge... Why!?!?!
This thread is dead. I refuse to answer after being bilged. I was being serious about this thread. What is going on?! Who bilged me? Not a friendly response. Not cool. I would like an explanation.

Thank you people who posted above.

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2010-06-10 07:57 ]

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-10 07:23 am   Permalink

Tiki Central Ohana A place to post greetings, birthdays, thank yous, wishes, personal news, and other Tiki-Central-member related topics.

The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 08:17 am   Permalink

Sí! Porqué se encuentra esto in Bilge? Pensé que fué para discutir lo de tiki en las Américas (México en particular) y en España. Debe estar in General yo creo.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation