FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Travel ╗ ╗ Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs. MEXICAN TIKI EMBASSY
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs. MEXICAN TIKI EMBASSY
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-06-10 09:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-09 14:04, Zeta wrote:
I think that when you travel, it is basic to get the "inside scoop" from a local. I really love my City and the place called Mexico. So, I will do anything I can to help others enjoy and understand it. ...

If this thread can stay focused on the above statement, then the Tiki Travel forum is most appropriate. If it starts to morph back into another "Ask LLT Absolutely Anything" thread, then it's back to Bilge.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-10 11:07 am   Permalink

I definitely like the idea of sticking to standards. Imagine what would happen if the General Forum were to become filled with threads of

squirrels chewing on plastic tikis

or

single shots of vaguely famous people near some Tiki item

or

requests for assistance in winning contests

or

links to interesting but random videos

or

random sightings of people we know

or people just started using it as a local business Yellow pages.

If that were to happen it'd become a cluttered up disorganized mess!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-06-10 1:34 pm   Permalink

[humor]Since Zeta is now a diplomatic dignitary, he has to follow a higher standard of protocol. From here on his posts will be scrutinized under a microscope as others will be looking up to him. I would hope his country would expect nothing less.

Now stay on topic or it's back to Bilge with the lot of you.[/humor]

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi 2010-06-14 10:37 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-11 12:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks for hawking your lugies on this and getting it back into shape. Looks like it was a lotta work.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I think that when you travel, it is basic to get the "inside scoop" from a local. I really love my City and the place called Mexico. So, I will do anything I can to help others enjoy and understand it. ...

About how many pesos for a decent looking prostitute?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-12 11:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-12 22:55, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

About how many pesos for a decent looking prostitute?

And, how many pesos for a donkey show?

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 06:23 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2010-06-13 07:07 ]

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 08:47 am   Permalink

Unga Bunga and TikiPug, I'm not sure if that was an attempt at Jr. High School humor or just plain meanness but those comments were UGLY. Even more so when you look at the intent of this whole thread.

Chin up Zeta, you have many other fans and supporters here on Tiki Central !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 09:11 am   Permalink

Tiki culture became extinct because it contained a lot of the ills of the generation that created it: Racism, sexism, chauvinism and cultural ignorance. The Tiki revival uses the tension of that political incorrectness to provoke and make light of TOO much political correctness, it toys with those past sins in a tongue-in-cheek manner. Nothing should be so sacrosanct that it cannot be joked about. But it still is a matter of place, context and degree. It is a very thin line and fine balance to not misstep too far into some of the rightfully outdated attitudes of a drunken loudmouth humor.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 2:12 pm   Permalink

There's nothing wrong with addressing the people who made the comments directly and politely. Hopefully the people who made them will realize they were being rude and remove them.

But there's a good chance they won't. In that case just ignore them. Re-post your original statement about your thread and do it every time someone tries to derail it.

Or maybe you should just start the thread over again. Delete your original posts and comments, restate you purpose in the new thread. This thread going awry was not your fault.

I actually found the purpose of your thread to be very sincere and really cool. My original post (the Star Trek ambassador) was in the spirit of good natured joking around that many of us have on Tiki Central but it also contributed to the messing up of a good thread. My comments as to what warrants Bilge material or not should have been made in a separate thread.

And since there is so much interest in Junior High views of Mexico and Mexican cultural cliches maybe you should start a Bilge thread for that and hopefully all such comments will end up there.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 4:48 pm   Permalink

I am about to commit tiki central immolation... All this makes no sense so why should I? I thought there was less "Budwaiser & Nascar" people and more "international lounge cocktail jet-setters" around here.
Should I follow Hakalugi's advice to follow woofmut's advice and "have a sense of humor" and answer with my own personal brand of "sense of humor"? Although, that would probably get me kicked out of Tiki Central ipso facto... and make tikipug succeed in his hateful quest... And make Tiki Central a more vulgar place (more than what it is already becoming with comments like the above...)
I want to answer those two soo bad!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Thanks for your support!

Unga Bunga, I think you should ask your ...

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 4:55 pm   Permalink

I have nothing against Budwaiser (I like pbs better) or Nascar, but since Unga Bunga and tikipug are doing over the top, bad taste and out of place racial and social profiling for no reason at all other than to offend and be "edgy", with the blessing of moderators, then why wouldn't I? I am going to undust all my repertory of hateful racial religious and economic remarks and "jokes" and prejudices.
Great!<------(sarcastic comment.)

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-13 5:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-09 16:36, GROG wrote:
You are a great ambassador, keep up the good job. Do you have a more recent photo than this one?

I look good on that picture!

Good one, even GROG knows what's correct and what isn't. Maybe because GROG was actually trying to be funny.
Not like tikipug who pretends to be funny but in reality he is just being hateful and by doing that, make other people restrain from future good intentioned politically incorrect humor. Making Tiki Central a more dull, flat and boring place.

P.S. tikipug, I don't think a donkey would like you... maybe a blind one, deaf too and with no smell or taste. Maybe. I would comment on your mother too, but why would I get an innocent bystander get disrespected like that. It's not her fault to have a son like you. Just like it's not my fault that sometime, some tourist in Tijuana paid some desperate sub-woman to have sex with a donkey.
What you two Dumb asses are implying with your "stupid American style of question" is like me saying that all Americans are assholes just because tikipug is American.

P.P.S. I bet there's more donkey shows and the like in the U.S.A. than there is in Mexico. Prostitution and degrading humor is not funny. It's sad. And not cool. It's that kind of attitude that give Americans a bad name. The frat house bully humor. Whatever. I am not going to say anything else, I am just too pissed and sad about all the situation here. The purpose of this thread was exactly the opposite... Surprising and worrying. Xenophobia in the air...

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 8:11 pm   Permalink

Zeta, I still think you should reconsider joining the Lucas Vigor Unkool Kids Klub!

In it, you will find people who abhor the Budweiser and nascar/Sarah Palin culture, and who are deeply impressed by the international cultured lounge playboy who LOVES Soccer, classical music, fine brandy, Jazz....oh, and as an added benefit the president of this club happens to be a Criollo (a person of Spanish descent born in the new world).....

Do you know what it is like to be the most "alone" poster on this whole forum? For example, posting threads about the world cup in bilge, only to have them ignored completely? Why, Zeta...I can say with total confidence that the ONLY thing I have in common with 99% of the people on this forum is that I love Tiki. Other then that, 7 years of having my posts made fun of or even worse, ignored, shows that I am correct.

After all, this is what really brought the Roman Empire down: Indifference!

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 9:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-08 10:07, Zeta wrote:
Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs. MEXICAN TIKI EMBASSY

As the ambassador for Tiki in Mexico, here I promise to promote and protect all things tiki (and other cool things in general) south of your border. Feel free to ask me your doubt about the country where I was born and current home.

Also, if you want to have an "amigo" please let me know, I think friends are a treasure.
Trades, business propositions, love advice, There's nothing I will not try to fix. If you are interested in selling your art in Mexico. Have an exhibit or sleep in my couch (restrictions may apply)

Thank you.

P.S. My birthday is on October 15

[ This Message was edited by: Zeta 2010-06-11 12:49 ]

OK, it was low high school humor and wasn't called for but are we really taking this thread seriously?
Zeta, I mean you go from "Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs" to "love advice" to "international art sales", and then ending with "it's my birthday in Oct." in under two paragraphs.
This is not a serious thread people.
So sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Cheers!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation