FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs. MEXICAN TIKI EMBASSY
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs. MEXICAN TIKI EMBASSY
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 10:31 pm   Permalink

Maybe there is no humor or sarcasm in Mexico? It was a joke. Take a pill.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 11:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-13 09:11, bigbrotiki wrote:
.....Nothing should be so sacrosanct that it cannot be joked about. But it still is a matter of place, context and degree. It is a very thin line and fine balance to not misstep too far into some of the rightfully outdated attitudes of a drunken loudmouth humor.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 11:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-09 16:35, JOHN-O wrote:

Zeta, are you a native Spaniard who lives in Mexico, or are you a Mexican who used to live in Spain?

OK Zeta, let's move on and get this thread back on track again.

Here was my question that you never answered.

Also I might advise renaming it to something like "Zeta's Latin America Tiki Travel Guide" that way people understand how to leverage it. To be honest, the current title is Bilge-like and confusing.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2010-06-14 00:20 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-14 09:39 am   Permalink

I woke up today feeling magnanimous, so I will bury the war axe and forget all this heavy crap. I love/live for humor, I agree with Bigbro, NOTHING IS SACRED. But, I don't tolerate rude people. It's all about how you deliver the joke. Unga Bunga was funny/weird original. tikipug was doing a "double team attack" which I think only pussies practice. But Hey! Let's do it for Tiki O.K.? Unga, pug, I am cool with you.

I am not going to answer your avalanche of questions right now because my nerves are a little shut still, but I will as soon as possible.

One important thing to clarify:

I DO NOT REPRESENT MEXICO IN TIKI CENTRAL. (I NEVER SAID I DID) I REPRESENT TIKI IN MEXICO. I DON'T WORK WITH THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT AND I DON'T EVEN LOOK MEXICAN. I FEEL LIKE A TOURIST IN MY OWN COUNTRY.(AND I HAVE DOUBLE NATIONALITY) IT WAS BECAUSE OF A FORCE MAJEURE THE FACT THAT I WAS BORN HERE. (SPANISH CIVIL WAR, FASCISTS, ANARCHISTS, STUPID POLITICS, NEUTRAL GRAND PARENTS, NEUTRAL MEXICO RECEIVING THEM WITH OPEN ARMS) WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT I DON'T BELIEVE IN NATIONALITIES AND COUNTRIES. (I BELIEVE IN TIKI!) THERE'S PLENTY OF THINGS ABOUT MEXICO, SPAIN AND THE REST OF THE WORLD THAT SUCK BIG TIME. SO FEEL FREE TO BE CRITICAL ABOUT ANYTHING. I DON'T REALLY CARE. I JUST DON'T ACCEPT RANDOM BALL BUSTING.

This IS a "serious" thread. But feel free to post your jokes about Mexicans and Speedy Gonzales pictures if you want too.

This thread is about the people not the place. and it's about tiki. as I posted on the intro of this thread. Trades, business, exhibits, favors, whatever. If you have legit questions about me or Mexico that are not related to tiki, I will answer those too, If I feel like it.
Here I will post future "Mexican Tiki Parties" "Mexican Tiki art exhibits" "links to other Mexico-Tiki related threads etc... Like a hub. Like an embassy actually.

Aloha amigos!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 10:22 am   Permalink

(This was being written at the same time Zeta wrote the above post. I already had to rewrite this once due to closing the wrong window, I'm not changing it to reflect anything said by Zeta above. So there.)

The topic of Zeta’s thread was meant to be humorous or lighthearted as are many thread topics throughout Tiki Central.

Zeta’s introduction to his thread was also lighthearted, but the underlying intent was clear: If you are a Tiki Central member travelling to Mexico and would like some insider information, if you are going to be in Mexico and would like to meet Zeta, if you are interested in having an art show in Mexico and so on.

The thread was an ideal example of what sort threads are considered
appropriate for the Ohana Forum including Zeta mentioning his birth date.

The responses to Zeta’s thread were typical of responses in Ohana Forum threads which often include humor, joking, random comments, and inside jokes/remarks which mean absolutely nothing to any Tiki Central member who does not know the people or was not at the event. Ohana Forum threads have even been known to stray off topic. (Fortunately this rarely happens elsewhere on Tiki Central.)

I like to think all the humorous responses to Zeta’s post were meant in good spirit. The fact that some of them were made after a moderator essentially said that Zeta’s thread had to have a higher standard than any other thread on Tiki Central (What an honor!) is a point that should be taken up with the moderators and those who violated the special conditions the moderator set forth.

Why Zeta’s thread was not considered appropriate for the Ohana Forum I have no idea. Personally I can’t see much difference in the Ohana Forum worthiness of Zeta’s post and this Ohana Forum thread or this Ohana Forum thread or this Ohana Forum thread or this Ohana Forum thread or this Ohana Forum thread or this Ohana Forum thread, et cetera.

Zeta’s thread being in Tiki Travel is a bit misleading. Zeta’s thread is not about general travel to Mexico or even Tiki in Mexico it’s about Zeta who is in Mexico wanting to interact with other Tiki Centralites interested in what Zeta knows about Mexico or who want to be friends with Zeta.

As for continued sniping and junior high grudge matches: These sort of things only ends when one side stops paying attention. Eventually it will die or the person who keeps it up will just look like a complete ass.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-17 7:21 pm   Permalink

Bravo Woofy!!!

OK Zeta...I'm not heading down south any time soon, but I have been listening to a lot of Flamenco Guitar artists lately and am especially fond of Rodrigo Y Gabriela...do you know of them?

I have always wanted to have a Cinco De Mayo/Tiki Party but need some ideas from you on how I can blend that all together. Was thinking of inventing Polynesian Tacos to serve with a tropical salsa...black beans...what kind of rice...other goodies? What cocktail do you suggest? For music, should I play any Flemenco or will Martin Denny roll over in his grave?

Thanks in advance for your help with this...you are much appreciated.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-19 08:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-17 19:21, VampiressRN wrote:
Bravo Woofy!!!

OK Zeta...I'm not heading down south any time soon, but I have been listening to a lot of Flamenco Guitar artists lately and am especially fond of Rodrigo Y Gabriela...do you know of them?

I know them. They where playing one day on the streets of Stockholm when the guy from MUSE saw them and asked if they would open for his concerts. They did and the rest is history...

Quote:

I have always wanted to have a Cinco De Mayo/Tiki Party but need some ideas from you on how I can blend that all together.

That is an age old question that has troubled the minds of great thinkers for ages and would deserve a thread of it's own in the food and drink forum. But I'll try to give you some basic ideas that I have...
First thing, I would get the Cinco De Mayo out of the equation... (that's when Mexicans repelled a French invasion) It is big here in Mexico, but not as big as 16 de Septiembre. That is when real Mexicans celebrate their Mexicanness.

Quote:

Was thinking of inventing Polynesian Tacos to serve with a tropical salsa...black beans...what kind of rice...other goodies?

Polynesian tacos... I would call them Pacific Tacos. And they already exist. Shrimp Tacos, Fish tacos... mmm... Anything from the Pacific shoreline is pretty tiki to me. (And I am THE Authority in Mexican Tiki remember?) Salsa... anything you want, but RED SALSA looks like lava and that is pretty cool.
No black beans. That is not tiki.The rice would have to be wild. Also, if you put some cilantro in the pot while you cook it, the rice turns green! And green is Mexican AND Tiki.
Other goodies... YES! Many... On thing for example would be "El Volcan" which is a meat dish... that I will explain some day (maybe, if I feel like it )

Quote:

What cocktail do you suggest?

The drink. It would have to be my patented and certified one and only Mexican-Polynesian cocktail: TIKILLA!™ I wish I could give you the recipe, but it is an ancient family secret and if I tell you I would have to sacrifice you later...

Quote:

For music, should I play any Flemenco or will Martin Denny roll over in his grave?

For music, I would play some Esquivel and Aloha amigos! by Arthur Lyman (Spanish edition) No flamenco. That is Spanish from Spain.

Quote:

Thanks in advance for your help with this...you are much appreciated.

Thank you for spreading the love for Mexico and Tiki.
Come back soon!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-19 2:06 pm   Permalink

Thank goodness you cleared up all my confusion for me...my original thoughts were out in left field. Will be using all your info to plan a 2011 Sept 16th Tiki party with a Mexican flair. Gotcha on the Pacific Tacos...those will be yummy!!! TIKILLA....hmmmmm.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-26 01:39 am   Permalink

When GROG live in San Antonio, Texas back in 1980s, GROG got to see a traveling exhibit of Jesus Helguera's paintings. GROG has been to many museums and seen many paintings, but Jesus Helguera's collection of paintings had to be some of the most beautiful and incredible paintings GROG has ever had the pleasure of seeing. He truly was the "Norman Rockwell of Mexico". The museum catalogue was sold out, and GROG need to find a book on Jesus Helguera. In person his paintings were just captivating. The color, detail, and talent was truly amazing to behold. Photos don't do them justice.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-06-26 02:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-06-29 01:49 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-06-28 10:34 am   Permalink

Where Zeta go?

Anybody there?

Hello..... is this thing on?

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-06-28 10:34 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-28 1:17 pm   Permalink

oops, Grog I forgot to tell you I love it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-06-28 4:01 pm   Permalink

Muchas gracias Hiltiki.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-28 8:02 pm   Permalink

Now that is a body of work...I love the lion!!! I feel like I was just in an art museum...muchas gracias Grog.

GROG

Posted: 2010-06-28 8:16 pm   Permalink

And that's just a portion of his work. Seeing it in person was breathtaking. Each one you went to look at, you'd think "there's no way he could've done a a more beautiful painting than this one", and then you go to the next one and think "there's no way he could've done a a more beautiful painting than this one", and then you go to the next one....

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-28 10:13 pm   Permalink

Thank you for curating this first exhibit in Mexican Tiki Embassy!

I can get you this book and ship it to you if you want:

http://www.gandhi.com.mx/index.cfm/id/Producto/dept/libros/pid/236558
JESUS HELGUERA Y SU PINTURA, UNA REFLEXION
De: ELIA ESPINOSA
precio :
$ 225.00
precio estimado en dólares:
$17.86
No. de páginas:
Idioma:
ESPAÑOL
País:
MEXICO

Aloha all!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation