FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Don the Beachcomber
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Don the Beachcomber
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-24 10:33 am   Permalink

Merci Beaucoup!

Enfants D' France. Your opinions are respected in all arts!

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PoiTiki

Posted: 2010-07-10 9:29 pm   Permalink

Hi Mike!!! It was GREAT speaking with you tonight. I am glad to see a real, true artist still in LA! Your tikis' are phenomenal and your life story is complimentary. Thanks for the laughs and great memories. Take care buddy. Sydnie is sending photos.

View Profile of PoiTiki Send a personal message to PoiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 10:55 pm   Permalink

Unreal!

A reply on the same day!

Thanks for the compliments and the conversation. The photo is one I completed a little while back. He lives at Main Street Wine Cellar in Seal Beach and was named "U-U" (Yoo-yoo) by the owner. He brings happiness, That's the idea! Sunset Mike

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 10:13 pm   Permalink

Beautiful!

Tiki looks good too!

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2010-07-11 22:14 ]

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-30 12:28 am   Permalink

Carol's

This guy is a complete hand job. Lot's of work to be sure, but seems worth it!

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2010-08-01 21:54 ]

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-31 12:21 am   Permalink

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-01 9:36 pm   Permalink

This guy turned out well!

I sold it to a woman named Carol for which she had given me a deposit.

The Tiki and my lift cart were both stolen from Don the Beachcombers.Carol was heartsick, and By the time I had comforted her and promised to make her a new & equal quality Tiki, person or persons unknown had returned the tiki, tarp & lift cart to the loading dock @ Don the Beachcombers!

Unbelievable!

My gratitude for the persons unknown for return of my cart and my Art! As for you, The Wrath of Karma can be a real bear unless headed off by an act of repentance. In this case, you amended the damage and did just that!

Good for you!

You're in my prayers. Never be ashamed of doing the right thing. Please think before doing this kind of thing to anyone. God isn't fooling around

"Thou shalt not steal"

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2010-08-01 21:41 ]

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-06 10:14 pm   Permalink

Carol decide this Guys name is "Don"
After his birthplace, "Don the Beachcombers"

I found out that 'Donald' means "World Leader"

If there are any Polynesian language experts out there, please tell me how to say 'Donald' in Hawaiian.

I'm sure Carol would appreciate that!

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-07 10:56 am   Permalink

Oh so good things happen too, sometimes, very glad you got your tiki back, really!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-09 11:38 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Clarita,

I'm glad too. That lift cart came back as well, thank God
I use that for ice carving but it helps a lot doing tiki's, moving stuff and all of that.

Grateful to God and whoever else. Life is hard enough

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-13 10:45 pm   Permalink

It's Sunset Mike working on his latest masterpiece.

Like how that Tiki has both arms and a hairdo ??

Nice !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-01 4:04 pm   Permalink

May you bring Happiness and prosperity wherever you go!

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2010-11-05 10:31 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-02 3:42 pm   Permalink

Love the latest tiki Sunset and his Necklace is totally Awesome.

This tiki was Way excellent too but I can't understand how you did anything with these "Bent" Gouges,, just send me all the bent ones and I'll fix'em for'ya??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-05 8:39 pm   Permalink

The bent gouges are really for digging deep in hard to get areas. (Like the mouth) They work too!

Thanks for kind compliments. That guy is sold already and going to a Walnut ranch up North as part of a decoration for a pond and waterfall. I'm sure he'll be way happy!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-12 8:13 pm   Permalink

latest

Epoxy resin coated, ready to to take the outdoors.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation