FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Don the Beachcomber
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Don the Beachcomber
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-19 9:40 pm   Permalink

After six-months of too much damn work coming to this on my first 2 day weekend since October and seeing Crazy, Al, Atomic Tiki Punk, Big Tiki Dude and and scores of others felt like a long awaited homecoming from a war.

It was a blast guys. Thanks again Rory. I'll see you at Don's

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 07:29 am   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYEVq0xhRCE

With Memories of Tiki Caliente 5,

Mahalo!

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-24 1:51 pm   Permalink

Still no "S" on Don the Beachcomber.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 2:13 pm   Permalink

Aloha Mike,

Great meeting you at Caliente. I was vending across from you, with the vintage Aloha shirts.

It was a lot of fun watching you carve and it was inspiring to hear how passionate you are about your art. It really shows in your wahine, who, I'm totally in love with.

Thanks again for the tips. Hopefully, I'll be starting my first tiki carving this weekend. I got my rasps in the mail yesterday and my draw knife should be arriving today. Now I just need to find my chisels and a log.

Until next time!

- Michael

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-26 09:37 am   Permalink

Mahalo Michael! Thanks for getting back to me.
I enjoyed your company as well. Always makes a difference having a neighbor you can call a friend.

An artists occupation is creating inspiration and I'm glad I have done that.

If you need logs I might be able to help. send me an e-mail

sunsettikiworks@gmail.com

I might be able to hook you up or point you in a direction.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-26 09:39 am   Permalink

Grog,

Thanks for the correction on grammatical error. I keep forgetting, but mostly thanks for reading and checking up.

GROG

Posted: 2013-05-26 11:09 am   Permalink

And yet, the title of the thread still has DON THE BEACHCOMBERS with an "S". Easily fixable:

Step #1: Go to the first PAGE of the thread and click on the first POST of the thread.

Step#2: Click on EDIT button:

Step#3: Go up to the TITLE box and delete the "S", and then go down and click on SUBMIT.

Do this and you will avoid GROG' ire.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-05-26 11:11 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-26 4:33 pm   Permalink

Well,

At long last corrected. Thanks for the advice Grog

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-01 10:37 am   Permalink

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunset-Tiki-Works/313425882028406?ref=hl

Sunset tiki works is on Facebook.Come and see me there!

GROG

Posted: 2013-06-01 12:01 pm   Permalink

Yay! Title changed.

Nice Tiki Totem , too.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 3:58 pm   Permalink

Yeah!

Thanks for the info.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-07 10:19 pm   Permalink

Back at Don's guys!

This guy has been sitting on the shelf for a while. He's made from a difficult and split tendency wood, but should take on a good vintage look if he doesn't split too dramatically.

Good to see everyone. Kino, the master of steel guitar is back too. Yo, locals! Drop in and say hi!

Don the Beachcomber is as good as it gets.

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2013-06-07 22:20 ]

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-08 9:03 pm   Permalink

This Butt's For You!

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 08:26 am   Permalink

Very cool! I like the tiki pole from above. I saw the finished pics on facebook - AWESOME!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 6:07 pm   Permalink

Another work in the curing process. This guy may be one my most grotesque works, but the wood shape was made for that!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation