FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Don the Beachcomber
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Don the Beachcomber
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-26 07:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-25 23:35, Sunset Mike wrote:

(Actually, he went to get another log)

Yeah! get another one man. Gotta make up for all that time off!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-27 10:52 pm   Permalink

https://www.facebook.com/TikiIslandRadio?hc_location=stream

Might want to check this out!

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 11:22 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al stopped by today. Say's, "You were working on that last Time I saw you".
Yep, I decided to give her a refinish and a refinement. She's going to need more teak oil and some time curing.

I"m looking into making a mold to do some replicas for sale. I just can't bear to part with her. Lot's of time in that girl. And it's Old hand work.

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 09:51 am   Permalink

I prefer the insane fleshy ones myself, but I could definitely see the advantage of having one who can't talk...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 12:00 am   Permalink

PJC 5150

Proudly Bud, she cannot replace the fleshy versions. She is Sort of a salute to their beauty.

(5150? I guess you do like the insane ones!)

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 12:07 am   Permalink

88.jpg[/img]

The curing process. Such detail color hues with the grain of this Schefflera wood. How fortunate I am to have experimented with it. The colors will blend after the teak oil cures out but the details will be visible.

Noting the wood grain on the face and breasts. Areas on the sides take lighter hues as the cells are more resistant to absorption of the oil.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 12:08 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2013-07-03 00:09 ]

Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 02:51 am   Permalink

That's really impressive Mike, the human body has got to be one of the most difficult things to represent...

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-13 7:32 pm   Permalink

That's a fact!

I need a model. They cost unfortunately. Even when you can find one who'll undress for free they hate standing in the same position for long periods. Best I can do is the best I can do.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 9:07 pm   Permalink

Just the beginning, Keep you posted!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-15 9:11 pm   Permalink

I've decided to another woman. I've got a full time job and can take some time away to make a 'Too much time and quality to sell" promotional work.

The armature. Basically a wire skeleton for holding together a plastoline sculpture to serve as a model for my next schefflera wood girl'

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-25 8:35 pm   Permalink

Finally getting around to bringing her out of the wood.

so far, so good.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-25 8:38 pm   Permalink

Naturally, her birthplace is in the Background. Prude patrol be damned, this Mermaid is going topless!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 10:33 pm   Permalink

Jeweler Binoculars and micro chisels for fine detail.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-26 10:34 pm   Permalink

Taking shape you get the attachment of a creator. 'It' becomes 'She'

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation