FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Don the Beachcomber
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 Next Page )
Don the Beachcomber
JudyLuck
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-16 10:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mike! And dont worry... I'm not going anywhere. Tiki is forever in my heart. =)

View Profile of JudyLuck Send a personal message to JudyLuck      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-16 10:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-02-16 22:02, JudyLuck wrote:
Thanks Mike! And dont worry... I'm not going anywhere. Tiki is forever in my heart. =)

Stay close, we luv u!

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-16 10:20 pm   Permalink

The evolution of a Queen Palm stump. This is a ten footer for a client in Long Beach. A family with Grand kids they selected smiley guys. The top 2 were based on projects of my own. Which is flattering as Hell! The Bottom guy, freshly coated with epoxy resin is of the Surf Tiki Caricature type and is a first for me.

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2016-02-16 22:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2016-02-16 22:22 ]

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-17 04:07 am   Permalink

Good job.
I bet they're real happy with that
just out side the window like that.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-22 9:18 pm   Permalink

Finished!

The couple is "more than happy" in their own words. He is, coincidentally in Hawaii this week and is showing this around to the locals.

Thanks for the compliments Will-Carve!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-25 10:08 pm   Permalink

The Ku guy is finished. Marine Varnish and inlaid lead for balance. It looks good next to Jennifer. Bro Bamboo Ben shows up to add a Gilligans Island Barometer at Dons. and here is a piece of Manzanita that has something inside. Simple this time. I promise. Simple

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-26 6:44 pm   Permalink

Well, here is the same piece of wood. With some adjustments

It is amazing to me how the colors of Manzanita come on like a light after oil is applied. Tough to work, but too beautiful to resist. We have all known some people like that, have we not?

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-29 9:10 pm   Permalink

Jennifer and my latest. I cannot get over the natural beauty this Manzanita. "The Candy Colored Clown" is all I can think of when I look at him.

We know what I think seeing Jennifer. Beauty, Beauty, Beauty....

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-06 6:28 pm   Permalink

Mexican Fan Palm. Really dense and heavy. This is my first attempt at MARQUESIAN Styling. There are rules that must be adhered to before it can be Baptised "Marquesian" style. I'm starting here.

Sold him already!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-19 10:32 pm   Permalink

Victoria is visiting from Minnesota and taking a genuine, handmade piece of Surf City with her as a souvenir! This is a Classic Mid Century style; made from Podocarpus woodand has the addition of a Lotus Flower symbol at her request. Sometimes I don't keep them for very long. The Teak oil was still tacky in this guy.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-19 10:54 pm   Permalink

The Island Girl. Hand Carved in 2011 by yours truly, has been sold. A high priced work, she finally found someone to love her besides her creator. I feel an attachment to works like her and like thinking of them as mine so it's sometimes a little hard to give them up.

Daddy'll miss you baby.But you made me proud and you'll make your new Dad real happy for many years.

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-20 3:14 pm   Permalink

Take heart SM, I have found that the rush of someone plunking down their hard earned dinero for something that you have made is worth the feeling of loss.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-20 6:22 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2016-03-20 15:14, cy wrote:
Take heart SM, I have found that the rush of someone plunking down their hard earned dinero for something that you have made is worth the feeling of loss.
I agree. Validation and income. "Wow It's Beautiful!" doesn't sound as good as, "I'll take it!"
The money does console!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-26 3:48 pm   Permalink

Another Manzanita work. This one had a great deal of the dark red wood to it and with the teak oil application took on a rich-red, Mahogany like hue while still retaining some contrast. It turned out well, but it's not easy. The results are the reward. He is already sold. A return customer messaged me from New York City and said he'll be out again next week and wants to take it home.

I'm proud of this one. More comin!

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2016-03-26 15:50 ]

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-04-02 6:06 pm   Permalink

He turned out well!. I decided he'd look better with a Satin Finish look and did some corrections. I don't have any images of that, because he is now in the possession of his new owner. The customer is a return customer who saw him on Sunset Tiki Works FaceBook and decided to pick him up while he was here for a visit. I'm sure he'll enjoy him.

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2016-04-02 18:07 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation