FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Don the Beachcomber
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 )
Don the Beachcomber
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-07 9:41 pm   Permalink

Latest guys.
Evergreen pear in the blackened style with filing highlights and Marine Varnish finish. King palm in Marquesianesque style.King palm is good for simple works and has a tropical character that fits well in traditional styles.

Both affordable, simple and still looking good enough to make someone happy. That's the idea!

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2017-04-07 21:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2017-04-07 21:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2017-04-07 21:47 ]

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-09 6:10 pm   Permalink

A Gene Simmons impersonator and a King Palm fella for Palm Sunday!

Both affordable works. The Blackened fella is a mystery wood and still in progress.

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-21 7:40 pm   Permalink

A little varnish and he's ready for Tiki Makeke! See you there!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-07 3:28 pm   Permalink

Latest addition!
Blackened Evergreen Pear wood with that I just got lucky look!

He goes well with the gang!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-02 9:09 pm   Permalink

Here's a simple work in King Palm. I sure got a lot of good feedback on him and he really is a basic fella who'll go for an affordable price. King palm can be difficult to manage and much of it just doesn't work, but some parts do it like this guy.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-07-23 4:56 pm   Permalink

The creating of a beautiful Burl of Manzanita is far beyond my talent. But like the discovery of a Gem in the rough it can be made into a jewel. And assuredly, it is.
Painstakingly cleaned, sanded, refined and finished with teak oil, it is a thing of beauty I may find it hard to part with and will want to keep. It looks great next to the works and adds a character I cannot create on my own. The work of the ultimate Artist, I am only the refiner!

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-01 5:00 pm   Permalink

Doing another yard Job. This Family has created a piece of paradise in their own yard. And now, they want a Sunset Mike in it to complete it out.

This one is a full figured Ku out of a Queen Palm Stump. Quite an effort I have to say, but he is coming out well. The customer wants no finish on it for the time being. This will give me an opportunity to see how the Queen Palm holds up against the weather.

As is is, I am a tired guy. Doing a lot of swinging that mallet getting this fella in shape.

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2017-10-01 17:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2017-10-01 17:03 ]

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-07 12:42 pm   Permalink

Mike, wow, that Ku you are working on is so killer! All the last few pieces, beautiful. Love the root, super cool. Excellent finish. Can't wait to see that ku finished up!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-08 4:25 pm   Permalink

Details coming in. This guy is really at home in this homemade tropical paradise. Surely I am as proud to have one of my works as a resident spirit. He will cure out for a couple of months before we put on some epoxy resin to keep him.

Big "T" Thanks for you post and compliment. Good hearing from you!

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-09 08:05 am   Permalink

That is coming along nicely Mike!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 9:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks CV and Big T.

Here he is, and we're letting him cure out for a bit before thinking of a finishow the weather treats . Owner likes him like he is and we'll see how the weather treats him before deciding.

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2017-11-16 21:14 ]

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 9:28 pm   Permalink

doing a little Manzanita stuff too!
It's tough to work and unpredictable, but Colors, Wow!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation