FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Don the Beachcomber
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 )
Don the Beachcomber
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 6:14 pm   Permalink

javascript:popup();

The big projects need the other parts of the brain to kick in gear. Plum bos, levels, calipers, charcoal and the calculator are employed in mapping out the Cedar log for the big guy.

In other news .both of my black locust guys were purchased last week by a return customer. So I have another black locust guy in the works. I managed to get a lot done in one days time

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 3:42 pm   Permalink

What are you doing...... carving out in the street?

So did you turn this....

Into this ????

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 4:13 pm   Permalink

First coat of Tung oil. The features come out. So do all the defects. There is work to do yet but he'll be ready by Dad's Birthday!

View Profile of Sunset Mike Send a personal message to Sunset Mike  Email Sunset Mike Goto the website of Sunset Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 4:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-08-29 15:42, 8FT Tiki wrote:
What are you doing...... carving out in the street?

So did you turn this....

Into this ????

In a manner of speaking, yes. The model is basically a map. That is how he will look. Hopefully! The wood sometimes has Ideas of its own.

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 7 days ago; 7:52 pm   Permalink

Dads party and his Birthday Present!

Dad was very happy, the family was amazed. Dad decided to name him 'Albert' after the nickname he had given me when my absent minded tendencies would kick in. (Albert Einstein, he was a space cadet too, dad though it fitting)

It is only fitting that the Man who raised and put up with me all these decades should get the best Black Locust work I have yet done. Extra effort went into it and it turned out better than expected. Dad is still calling and telling me how awesome he thinks it is! It would have been quite at home on his desk when he was a self made millionaire. It would have been perfect in his Belmont shores beach Pad back in 1965. Now he's lookin over the living room and reminding Dad that I love him. That'll work!

Happy Birthday Dad! Stick Around,

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 7 days ago; 8:09 pm   Permalink

A wonderful gift from a loving son. What a great story. I really enjoyed it. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 08:19 am   Permalink

Nice Sunset Mike!

[ This Message was edited by: cy 2016-09-21 08:20 ]

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 6:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks Wendy and CV!

Here is a Manzanita who is either singing Opera or just saw
a ghost. He's coming along well!

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2016-09-24 18:35 ]

Sunset Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 5:06 pm   Permalink

Finishing touch, Jennifer! She overshadows the 'Screamin Manzanita' guy with his first coat of teak oil.
You have to look carefully to see he is holding his face in his hands as in Edvard Munch's "The Scream" it just seemed appropriate if not traditional. He looks like I feel on some days.

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2016-09-25 17:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sunset Mike 2016-09-25 17:08 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation