FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Kahiki fireplace and Moai to be sold
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Kahiki fireplace and Moai to be sold
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 09:33 am   Permalink

There are only going to be a small handful, more like a pinch, of people who
A) Have an interest in these Kahiki items.
B) Can afford to buy and ship them
C) Have a place to store them
D) Have a place to restore and display them

I'd dare say that number would be about one or two total, and maybe even zero. But I can maybe guess thatthere are few who are up to this task.

Will they sell together? Just the Moai, I can see a lot more people wanting that and making a way to get it.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-14 10:21 am   Permalink

i have a yard that can handle these pieces. i also was a set builder for 25 years. i have the tools and knowledge to repair them. if someone wants to buy them and ship them to me. i will install and repair them as well as allow pilgrimages to see it.. maybe an annual luau????if ever person on tc donated a little to this cause then it could be saved..

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-15 06:23 am   Permalink

You're not that far off, Sven. The items were not so much stolen as they were "stolen".
[/quote]

Greg,

These items were definitely stolen from me and not "stolen", whatever you mean by that. If you have information about this, I would appreciate hearing about it.

View Profile of tikicat67 Send a personal message to tikicat67  Email tikicat67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 07:27 am   Permalink

I don't have any information on where the stolen items are. It was my impression that they were taken without permission, but I was wrong. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-15 7:28 pm   Permalink

Here are some pictures of the fireplace and Moai.

View Profile of tikicat67 Send a personal message to tikicat67  Email tikicat67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-16 04:18 am   Permalink

Are there any recent pics of what they look like nowadays ?

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-16 11:02 am   Permalink

This is what they look like. They have been well-wrapped since their transport to Vermont.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-15 09:53 am   Permalink

So did this sale ever happen?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-15 10:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-13 16:47, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wow, a major art theft! Who would have any interest in these thing but us? Will it forever land in some crazy Tiki collectors secret vault, only to be viewed by him in the dead of the night, while uttering "My precious" with an insane grin?

I bet they are with the missing Covarrubias map

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-16 07:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-15 09:53, tikiskip wrote:
So did this sale ever happen?

Hi TikiSkip,
No it hasn't happened yet. I had WAY too much crushed stone delivered for a summer project and now I have to move it all someplace else before the fireplace could be moved. Sometimes life gets in the way of the best intentions. I'll keep you posted, though.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-17 8:05 pm   Permalink

I hope all is well.
Let me know if I can help.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-21 09:33 am   Permalink

I have finally (!) listed the Kahiki fireplace and Moai on eBay. Here are the links:

fireplace:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270666552486&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_972

Moai: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270666559362&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_972

These auctions will end Friday, Nov. 26 at 6pm EST.

Thanks for looking,

Tikicat67

Tikifan1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-21 10:01 am   Permalink

Holy Crap... That is truly AWESOME!!! I would sooo love to have that. Please keep us posted as to where it ends up.. providing the buyer doesn't mind. Seeing this truly inspires me, knowing that stuff doesn't just disappear into the ether.. there really is hope of finding awesome tiki stuff. Well this may not be the holy grail of tikis.. it's pretty darn close. Glad it wasn't lost forever. Kinda reminds me of a rant George Carlin did on losing things... vwoooop .. back from the pile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySI8yxZ97I&feature=more_related

View Profile of Tikifan1 Send a personal message to Tikifan1  Email Tikifan1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kustomculture73
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-21 2:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-21 10:01, Tikifan1 wrote:
Holy Crap... That is truly AWESOME!!! I would sooo love to have that. Please keep us posted as to where it ends up.. providing the buyer doesn't mind. Seeing this truly inspires me, knowing that stuff doesn't just disappear into the ether.. there really is hope of finding awesome tiki stuff. Well this may not be the holy grail of tikis.. it's pretty darn close. Glad it wasn't lost forever. Kinda reminds me of a rant George Carlin did on losing things... vwoooop .. back from the pile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySI8yxZ97I&feature=more_related

i have a feeling the moai is going to end up at hampton beach

View Profile of kustomculture73 Send a personal message to kustomculture73      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-21 4:04 pm   Permalink

Tikicat that's a fine looking dog, does it go with the Moai?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation