FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Kahiki fireplace and Moai to be sold
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Kahiki fireplace and Moai to be sold
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-21 6:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-21 16:04, MadDogMike wrote:
Tikicat that's a fine looking dog, does it go with the Moai?

Why thanks, MadDogMike. I think Tesla is pretty cute myself, so I'm afraid I can't part with her!

View Profile of tikicat67 Send a personal message to tikicat67  Email tikicat67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacklagoon
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-11-22 07:29 am   Permalink

If I purchased the Moai, would it be possible to leave it where it sits until spring?

Do you have an estimated weight?

Serious! I have a storage building to get it out of the weather and as Swanky can verify, I have the room and storage.

I'd like to personally drive out and pick it up with my truck and trailer, but couldn't do it until spring.

Paul

View Profile of blacklagoon Send a personal message to blacklagoon  Email blacklagoon Goto the website of blacklagoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-11-22 08:50 am   Permalink

I'm the high bidder at $2.13 on the fireplace! ZAZZ

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-22 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-22 08:50, mrsmiley wrote:
I'm the high bidder at $2.13 on the fireplace! ZAZZ

Rats! You outbid me.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-22 8:45 pm   Permalink

Good luck Melissa on this sale.
Hope they go to a good home.
I can remember you telling us we had two days to get the other moai.
Had I not known people with a crane I may not have mine.
You put a lot of money and love into getting this and I know whatever you get
for this it won't be enough to cover that.
Thank you for the fun times we had running around looking for Kahiki.
And please write that book!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-23 2:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-22 20:45, tikiskip wrote:
Good luck Melissa on this sale.
Hope they go to a good home.
I can remember you telling us we had two days to get the other moai.
Had I not known people with a crane I may not have mine.
You put a lot of money and love into getting this and I know whatever you get
for this it won't be enough to cover that.
Thank you for the fun times we had running around looking for Kahiki.
And please write that book!

Thanks, John. I hope they go to a good home, too. It's hard to give them up. Did you get yours all fixed and installed? You must have pics of it here on TC--I'll look around-- I bet it's awesome. I have great memories of hanging out with you and Barb, going on interviews and eating at the Tropical Bistro. You guys were so helpful and kind! Many, many thanks.
Someday I hope to get back to the book. I had a few stumbling blocks, like G & I breaking up, trying to work three jobs & keeping my house all in one piece. I also thought the book should be like a coffee table book, with lots of photos, and was having a hard time getting enough. Then all my Kahiki stuff was stolen and it really took the wind out of my sails. The research for it was a blast, though, and I learned so much. From all the interviews it was so apparent that the Kahiki was a place of monumental importance to a huge number of people and one of those truly magical places that you come across once in a lifetime.

View Profile of tikicat67 Send a personal message to tikicat67  Email tikicat67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-28 7:50 pm   Permalink

Only $16 for the fireplace????? Whaaa??? Come on NorEasters.
The Moai found a great home though.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-29 07:23 am   Permalink

The Moai will be living on the beach in Hampton, Mass. The buyer told me he would be fixing it and that the flame would be able to be seen by people on the beach! I was sad to see him go, but also glad it will be given a home where lots of people can enjoy him!

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-29 12:53 pm   Permalink

I am surprised that the F.O.M. did not pool their members and resources together to get the fire place - it's their logo, and a symbol of mid-western states Tiki mana!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-29 2:25 pm   Permalink

We couldn't figure where to keep it if we did. Alternating week days with the Queequeg Chapter, and the Gumbo Limbo Chapter, weekends with The Kahiki Chapter and the Kon Tiki Chapter...

It just got too confusing.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kustomculture73
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-29 4:13 pm   Permalink

The moai made it back safe with minimal damage to the back.I talked to the gas company today about lighting it up once again and they could not see there being a problem.I am also interested in bringing the fireplace to hampton,but there is no way to move it without a crane and a semi with a flatbed.The fireplace is absolutely unbelievable to see in person.Thanks again to tikicat67.I would like to come up saturday to get the topknot.Maybe about the same time as last weekend.

View Profile of kustomculture73 Send a personal message to kustomculture73      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-29 4:17 pm   Permalink

Congrats on a great purchase! That will be amazing once its working and finished

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 09:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-29 16:13, kustomculture73 wrote:
The moai made it back safe with minimal damage to the back.I talked to the gas company today about lighting it up once again and they could not see there being a problem.I am also interested in bringing the fireplace to hampton,but there is no way to move it without a crane and a semi with a flatbed.The fireplace is absolutely unbelievable to see in person.Thanks again to tikicat67.I would like to come up saturday to get the topknot.Maybe about the same time as last weekend.

If you wanted a cheaper route than running gas line, you can get a propane unit that will run a torch off the regular gas grill tank. Would likely save you hundreds and can be done by most anyone.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicat67
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-30 1:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-29 16:13, kustomculture73 wrote:

So glad it made the trip well. You are welcome to come back whenever it's convenient to get the topknot. I should be around Saturday, but may not be up early as we have a gig the night before.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 1:37 pm   Permalink

Here is a link to a portable propane tiki torch. Not cheap, but I think it is still a small fraction of the price of running a gas line etc.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation