FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars TikiReno's Nevada-style tiki oasis in the desert - new video pg. 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
TikiReno's Nevada-style tiki oasis in the desert - new video pg. 3
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-05 8:21 pm   Permalink

Hey TikiReno, very cool deck!! The atmosphere looks great!
Makes me want to just lounge there. It all came out awesome!

Thanks for the pic's!!
Mahalo, TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 12:31 pm   Permalink

this is Matt the Cat, not tikimookie,

Looks great! I hope it survives the Reno winters though. Will you cover it or pull it down?

Really nice job!

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiReno
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-11 08:43 am   Permalink

To answer the questions...

I bought the grass here:
http://www.islandthatch.com/ They arranged for the truck-shipping.

The hardest part of carving with foam is finding the foam! You'll need to do a little research to see if it's available in your area.

Depending on the year, our winters can be brutal, so all the grass, matting, bamboo will be stored for the winter - will come down in October probably. The wood structure is weatherproofed and will remain until the bar lives again in the spring!

View Profile of TikiReno Send a personal message to TikiReno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
faztiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-19 9:52 pm   Permalink

your neighbors must be climbing the fences to get in there!
great work so far!

View Profile of faztiki Send a personal message to faztiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-20 08:33 am   Permalink

Impressive! Designer, carpenter, and carver... looks like this combination of skills has been put to good use. Great way to spend a few weekends, huh? Let the good times roll!

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-21 7:18 pm   Permalink

Dude, you rock! I tip my cap to you...Thanks for sharing.....you may be in the wrong business if you're not doing that for a living!...another reason to go to Reno.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mahalo Mark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-22 6:50 pm   Permalink

Great looking deck! That's on my agenda to do outside as well, but my dreams have to wait on the budget to catch up with them. Love the router work on the uprights. (I "borrowed" the same design from TikiMike for my patio.)

View Profile of Mahalo Mark Send a personal message to Mahalo Mark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-24 11:55 am   Permalink

Looks great!!!

I wish my other half would let me do a pond...

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-24 12:49 pm   Permalink

Awesome Paradise!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-25 02:02 am   Permalink

When is the party?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-25 05:24 am   Permalink

Terrific job. Hard work pays off. I'd love to sit out there. Why don't you come down for a day and join in on the Sacramento Tiki Crawl. Maybe it would inspire you to start one in your area that we could attend. Check it out under California Events author Psycho Tiki D. It's in October and get bigger and better every year. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-01 08:43 am   Permalink

Fun pictures, I love the transformation. That turned out really nice! I see my husband posted under my username He lived in Reno for a while... Looks like it's in a pretty protected area of your house. Love to see it sometime! Great job

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whiskeyblood
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-01 1:57 pm   Permalink

Really hip set-up. Good design and nice style. Really well executed. I have been wanting to try my hand at the foam carving seems like a lot of fun.

View Profile of whiskeyblood Send a personal message to whiskeyblood      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-01 7:17 pm   Permalink

that bridge looks a bit precarious for tipsy party attendents!

View Profile of Bau Send a personal message to Bau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
faztiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-06-09 9:49 pm   Permalink

the two best reasons for building your tiki bar outside.
1. - In polynesia your never really 'indoors'
2. - the neighbors know your out there, but they can only guess what you're doing.

love the bridge, reminds me of crossing the threshold into the Kahiki.
you have any recent photos?

View Profile of faztiki Send a personal message to faztiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation