FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Bahooka Mug Release Party June 19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Bahooka Mug Release Party June 19
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 01:22 am   Permalink

not you . . .

i just hate to see negative feelings tossed around. more often than not they have to do with internal conflict rather than external.

cheers!!

have fun and enjoy life my friend!

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 02:07 am   Permalink

Oh I knew it was not me, I only Think Bad thoughts.
I would be the first one sent to the cornfield.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 07:13 am   Permalink

Great times, great place, great peeps, and great mug!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 07:13 am   Permalink

Cheers to Sven, Holden and the Bahooka family for a great mug and an even better mug release party.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2010-06-20 08:55 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2010-06-21 06:36 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 09:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-19 22:35, carlosrossi wrote:
Such a good time! I'm headed to location 2, but I was the shy fellow in the corner with my other half, sitting with the Purple Orchid owners and getting plowed on I don't know how many drinks! I need to lose the shyness! I"ll post my photos later..

YES! You do Carlos. You were so stealthy, that I didn't even SEE you(and I was lookin)!!!

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
carlosrossi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 10:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-20 09:18, RoseRed wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-06-19 22:35, carlosrossi wrote:
Such a good time! I'm headed to location 2, but I was the shy fellow in the corner with my other half, sitting with the Purple Orchid owners and getting plowed on I don't know how many drinks! I need to lose the shyness! I"ll post my photos later..

YES! You do Carlos. You were so stealthy, that I didn't even SEE you(and I was lookin)!!!

My Dark & Tiki self blends well in the shadows!

View Profile of carlosrossi Send a personal message to carlosrossi  Goto the website of carlosrossi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 11:05 am   Permalink

Everybody: Thank you for all the enthusiasm and love you brought forward for my humble creation, it was really a wonderful experience to meet y'all. A special thank you for all those determined Tikiphiles who came from far away and braved the traffic, and to those kind hearts who got mugs for people as far as the East coast.

And thank you to all my old friends and familiar fans who came to share this golden hour in my Tiki life, and to Jay for making the environs dance, and to Holden for making all this possible.

One of the greatest rewards was hearing stories from the Bahooka waitresses and owners how much notice this mug has garnered for the restaurant, and to see the charge they were getting from that, and to know that I had made a contribution to getting this wonderful, original haven more attention and business in these hard times.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
carlosrossi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 11:31 am   Permalink

Agreed.
It was amazing to see such a gathering of amazing and genuinely nice people all celebrating a local/legendary establishment. I can't wait to see everyone again at other events! I'm gonna try to make the Tonga tonight, and do it all over! Also, Sven congrats on all your success! Thanks for signing my Tiki Modern book!

View Profile of carlosrossi Send a personal message to carlosrossi  Goto the website of carlosrossi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 11:42 am   Permalink

This was a great event! I really dig the times when we can all get together and not get lost amongst the throngs of countless people. It gives us time to catch-up and hang out with our Ohana, just like in the old days. Mahalo to all who showed up and mahalo again for all of the kind words regarding the new Bahooka mug. The "Bahooka Family" is so great to work with and their enthusiasm with this mug project made it that much more enjoyable and a lot less like "work".

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nkash001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-20 11:46 am   Permalink

I unfortunately couldn't make it out last night. I hope there are some mugs left?

View Profile of nkash001 Send a personal message to nkash001      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RumMonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-20 1:47 pm   Permalink

Looks like everyone had a great time! But, then again... who doesn't have a great time at Bahooka?!?

And a big, huge, thank you to - you know what? I actually don't even know your name on here - but Deb, you know who you are
Thank you so much for getting a mug for me, from one of my favorite places. And the couple pics you sent me... always a nice little bonus to see Samantha's smiling face!

Can't wait to see some more pics!

View Profile of RumMonkey Send a personal message to RumMonkey  Email RumMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 4:03 pm   Permalink

Man, what a great night for a great mug with great friends.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-20 8:15 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Holden, Sven and Suzanne at Bahooka for organizing such a great event last night. Love the new mugs and can't wait to see more from the "Sven Kirsten Kollection" !

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-20 9:03 pm   Permalink

Good times indeed.
Between the Mug, the food, some drinks, and a Sven DVD.
I dropped close to 100 bucks,
yikes!!

and boy was I feeling the pain later last night, and this morning.

But it was a blast indeed.
Great tunes Jay, I always love to hear ya spin.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation