FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Which coconut rum is the best?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Which coconut rum is the best?
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-05-14 5:33 pm   Permalink

Double post for some reason?

[ This Message was edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2011-05-14 18:06 ]

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-25 06:34 am   Permalink

I know I'll have my head handed to me for this, but The Tikiyaki Jungle Jetsetter was originally concocted with Malibu, and still tastes best that way.

I also like it in the LeiLani Volcano, which was the inspiration for the Jungle Jetsetter.

So,I'll be a blasphemer and say malibu.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-05-25 08:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-05-25 06:34, tikiyaki wrote:
...so,I'll be a blasphemer and say Malibu.

Ever since he brought down the roof at Caliente Tropics he thinks he's some sort of god!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-04 3:33 pm   Permalink

I used to like Bacardi Coconut, then I switched to Cruzan. Recently I blind tasted 13 different coconut rums to find out which I liked best without benefit of bottle prejudice. The results were very illuminating! You can read the results here if you're so inclined.

http://inuakena.com/spirit-reviews/coconut-rum-challenge/

Okole maluna,
Josh

View Profile of tofukulele Send a personal message to tofukulele  Goto the website of tofukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-04 5:54 pm   Permalink

Interesting research tofukolele, my next coconut rum will be Bacardi. I also liked how you had different recipes for the coconut rum. I know I don't use much of my Cruzan coconut rum because I don't know what to do with it. Thanks for all the info.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-04 11:00 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know where they sell Cruzan coconut in San Diego? I have looked for it everywhere but I haven't found any yet.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-05 08:45 am   Permalink

He mea iki, Hiltiki! Since this was posted, I have heard from some folks in Florida that have tasted a coconut rum called Brinley Gold Coconut Rum from St. Kitts. Apparently it destroys the mainstream competition, but it enjoys limited distribution. I see that it's available at DrinkUpNY for $20 -- might have to order a bottle!

http://www.drinkupny.com/Brinley_Gold_Coconut_p/s0395.htm

Huli pau!

View Profile of tofukulele Send a personal message to tofukulele  Goto the website of tofukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimbo020
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-07 7:58 pm   Permalink

thanks for the good info! I loved the testing process.. Well done!

View Profile of jimbo020 Send a personal message to jimbo020      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-07 9:19 pm   Permalink

Tofu- great research...

My favorite is Coruba

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation